How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

If you always use a credit card that has an expiration date before your next renewal date, then they cannot do that awful 'automatic renewal' thing to you, right? Am I missing something?

I just tried the above number along with 3 other numbers, and they all disconnected my call. So I decided to chat, which I despise. Calvin told me there were no promotional rates, even after I said I was calling the escalation department Monday morning and also writing a letter to company headquarters. Then he cut off my chat! I've been an XM subscriber for 10 years. I used to be treated nicely, but lately I've been hung up on and talked to in ways that if I did that at my job I'd be fired.

June 24 - call the number, say cancel, keep saying no thanks, finally get to 6 months/$30

Note the online chat for cancel is 'broken and engineers are working hard'. If you chat for new service it works, but they say you have to call in to cancel and don't have the same deals. For me anyway.

Was on phone for one hour. Charged $438 for two radios on auto renewal. Worked a deal for 6 months one radio on premier/select and one regular. Total tax in for both 6 months $95.93. Will ask for same in 6 months time

Please specify if you got the 'Select' plan or the 'All Access' plan. There is a HUGE difference. You must have the 'All Access' plane for Howard Stern, NFL, NASCAR, and Streaming SiriusXM over the internet with your phone. Wireless data fees will apply on your phone.

I am sure the SiriusXM '5 for 25' and '6 for $29.99' discussed here are for the 'SiriusXM Select' plan.

It appears an 'All Access' for $56.94 (including tax) is the one to get.

Remember..

Any plan with SiriusXM is an 'auto-renewal' plan — a binding contract that you are in with SiriusXM Radio Corp until you call and cancel (get a confirmation number!). Whether they have a valid credit card, bank account # for you on file or not, unless you cancel you are being building an account balance. If your credit card expires, or you paid by check, or you wisely used a SiriusXM gift card, your account is tied to your name (and thus your big 3 credit bureau file).

After your plan expires, you are automatically enrolled in the super expensive monthly plan (i.e. $15.99 for “Select”, or $19.99 for “All Access” by default). Didn’t ask to be enrolled? Doesn’t matter — you didn’t call and cancel! Credit Card expired or cancelled? or Bank Account gone? Doesn’t matter. They keep you going. “I won’t pay!” Sorry.. you are in a contract. After 90 days, you (and your credit record) can be sent for collections (and you will be hounded until you pay what you owe - even if you didn’t use your service).

Have had XM/Sirius going on 7 years. I do the same thing every time...whenever there is a 5 month or 6 month promo take it. I just re-upped it for the 6months...they will tell you to give them a code...just tell them it is on the website and you expect for it to be honored

Make sure to inform them that you do not authorize renewal. They always end up carrying it over a month when it ends so make sure you are clear (they will credit you back the month if you had done so).

If there is not a current deal like that then ask for the Select package annual rate. Ignore the junk about $180-$220 cost and just tell them you want it for what you or your friend got it for. You can usually get either $89 or $99 for the year.

For expiration date, log into your account and you will see it under your radio ID.

I previously had the $30 for 6 months All Access. As hard as I tried, they wouldn't honor that deal but would give me 6 month for $49.99 ($60.xx including taxes/fees). I was able to get them to give me $120 flat for a year. I saved ~$1 and avoided having to call in 6 months.

Considering I had a great deal before I'm kinda eh....

I got 5 months for $25 each for two radios. I could get $100 for a year per radio but I didn't thank that was a very good deal. They tried to tell me they would charge for the days in the lapse period of when it expired and when I renewed it. I told them that wasn't good either. They dropped it.. Total cost 2 radios for 5 months for $50.00. Its a pesky ritual but it works.

I'm from Canada. So I called there Canadian number. The guy offered me the Sirius select plan for $36 CAN for 6 months before taxs and fees. I then asked if he could give it to me at $30 CAN. He said yes. I then asked about ordering the onxy ez. He said that he would give me a 50% discount on the model. He also said that he would give me the vehicle kit and then the home power brick for free. The price of the model including taxs and fees with no plan was $56 CAN. He waived the $13 shipping fee as well. Then he said that I could get the select plan for $30 CAN for 6 months pricing for the onxy ez as well. Very happy with the amount of money I saved!

I just got the $25 for 5-month deal as well. They tried the $99 for 1 year and $49 for 6 months, but I declined. I said my daughter got the $25 deal for 5 months and they found the deal on their computer. All good now...

Just called to cancel before renewal. I put it on my calendar, so I'm all paid up when I cancel. I Explained I just can't afford to re up right now but love the radio. After she made several other more expensive offers , I just said nope sorry can't afford it,she finally offered the 5 month deal (I was on previously). Abby got me the $25 promo again! So, After tax fees pro rate etc etc $28.75. Thanks Spoofee!

Took the $114.61 plan for one year so I don't have to bother calling for another year. Less than half price of what I would have had to pay on auto renewal. Love this site!

Called to renew. It's been 7 days since my previous contract expired. The Sirius guy offered $109 plus fees for one year of Select. I had him bring it down to $99 plus fees. Total cost was $120.45. I think it was about $115 $6 prorated at the regular rate for the week since my old contract expired.

anyone know how much for traffic only? and do i get a discount if i subscribe for 1 year traffic only?

anyone know how much is traffic only? and do i get a discount if i subscribe for 1 year?

'/

Called about my past due amount because I forgot to call and play the 5 month price game (been doing this for about 5 years). Was quickly offered 5 months at $28 and they took off my overdue amount (my current promotion expired June 8)

Thank, just tried and worked for me too. XM select for 1 yr at $126 including tax.

Just cancelled with a 4 minute phone call. No offer or haggling which is fine since I don't use my truck very often.

I was disconnected on the morning of my new prescription for my new car renewal was july 1, 2017 they turnes services off yesterday morning. Didnt even give me a chance to call or any thing.

July 1,2017 was last day of my trial with my new car needless to day it was shut off in the morning of July 1, 2017.
I want to subscribe but not if they will shut you off the day you have the opportunity to renew your free trial.
I would like the $25 for 5 months

Back