How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Called to renew for my current plan, 24.99 for 5 mos. They first offered 41.79. I refused. They then offered 99.00 for year. I refused. Got 24.99 for 5 mos tax and fees= 31.89. Such a shame you have to go through this every 5 mos!

just got 6 months for $30! I was paying 24.99 every 6 months, but I'm good with $30. I hate having to call twice a year, but I'm NOT paying $99 a year for this when there's Spotify, YouTube, etc.

I currently have all access on my Jeep.. Called to renew and was offered $120 for the year all access. Then I asked about select and was offered the $99 for 1 year. Asked about 6 month packages and was offered 6 month select for $49.50. I asked about the $30 offer and he put me on hold for a minute, came back and agreed to that price.

2 Hard Sells, 5 minutes later 2 Radios for $30 each for 6 Months...No Complaints, tried the 5 month I said I prefer 6 months, took the bait and I am happy, see u in November !!!

Man! I should have done this months ago! I was paying $19/month and am now paying $5/month. Thank you!

Just got 27.54 for 5 months for select. Other option was $53 for 6 months, wasnt going that route.

Got the 5 months for $25.00 They offered first the $99 for one year and then 49.99 for 6 months. Finally offered 25.00 for 5 months.

Still works!! $50.00 for 6 months PREMIUM ALL ACCESS!!! The first offer was $120 for one year...

Just got All Access 6 months for $54. I inquired about $50 which I told them about seeing on the internet and was told that it increased as of 6/1 and no longer available. Had a $2.25 credit, with service fees of $7.51 and an invoice fee of $2 (will not use CC with them), total came to $61.25.

99$ for a year tonight. I had to get to a second level by telling the first operator I was ready to cancel when she would not give me the $99.00 deal. She said it was not currently available on my radio. The person I was transferred to offered immediately. One note, I was on hold for over 30 min's before the first person answered and then they called me back for the second.

The 5 month for ~$25, basic pkg is ALWAYS an available as long as there is at least one person in the world who received it. Ever since my my initial free year ended, I call the day my subscription is set to auto-renew and I tell them I'd like to cancel. The reps will give you multiple rates and you simply need to decline them and tell them you saw an offer for 5mo for $25. Tell them that anything other than that is not worth it to you. Works every time.

I have refused Sirius/XM for years. After my 'free trial period' ends I do nothing. I replace my car ever two years. Sirius then sends a never ending stream of letters asking me to re up for $25 for 5 months. I refuse simply because I will not call every few months to renew the process. I refuse to play this game.

Give me the $5 a month deal for a year with cancellation if I DO NOT CALL TO RENEW, then I will renew.

I remember when I first was a XM subscriber, I got it for 60 a year for at least 3 or 4 years. Way before the merger though. Back when they were offering the 399 lifetime subscriptions (I had one of those on my home unit that lasted over a decade)

Been doing this for nearly 9 years now. Have never paid more than $5 a month. One word of warning about a new tactic they are trying. They actually tried to tell me my radio 'was too old for any promotion'. Seriously? Said great lets cancel and all of a sudden we are back to $5 for 6 months. Mention that you can stream everything you listen to through your phone for free and that also speeds the process along to get to the lowest rate.

Just was offered extended six months at the same $36 rate. No hassle at all, just mentioned that friends were all paying less than list price.

I just called as subscription expires in 2 days. Told them I wanted to cancel. Said cannot afford renewal. I had a promotional plan for Select Pkg. at 5 mos. for $19.99 plus fees & tax. Said best deal they could offer was 5 mos. at $25.00 plus fees & tax. I took the deal and will put a reminder on my calendar to call again in 5 mos. to try and deal again. I refuse to pay full price. Thanks everyone for the comments I read.

Back