How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got full access for $135. Today was ending of my 3 month trial and they had already charged my account $25. They offered all access fot a yar for $146. Told them that was not what I had been offered last week... i had called thinking my trial subscription was up. They said i could start then or call back on day of experation.

So i did and they had already chardged $25 and wanted $145. I told them to cancel.. wasn't going to pay an additional $10 less than a week after my phone call. she asked for me if it was ok to be put on hold.. i said yes... She came back gave me $10 credit and charged me $111 for 1 year all access. So basically I got it for $135 ALL TAXES INCLUDED A& did it ona one time payment. My advice is to call the day before it runs out... otherwise.. your credit card will be billed on the FULL AMOUNT... But i am ok with $135. use my phone app to listen to the Houston Astros or any other MLB game that is not on tv.. Also.. in my new Kenwood radio... the higher XM Channels sound MUCH Better than the lower channels. 330 up really sound better... Close to Spotify Premium. Hope this helps someone...

Previous write ups helped me tremedously....

Just renewed Select XM for $112.57 taxes and fees included for 12 months on May 11. Was unable to get the 5 month for $25 or 6 month for $30. My guess is that if you truly cancel you'll get the 5 fo $25 offer in the mail since I have an old Roady radio I no longer use but keep getting offers to reactivate.

Thank you for posting your experience with Sirius XM. My original bill for 12 months was going to be $257.25 which is horrific! It's ridiculous that the customer service person stated the best deal was $147 first, then $99 and finally I ended up paying $25 for 5 months. Why do people have to go thru all of this aggravation?

Took me 21 minutes to renew 2 radios with different expiry dates. The agent was very friendly and did not fight me at all. Renewed both for $99 Select, plus Traffic ($42 on one, $24.96 on the other). They credit back the unused portions of the existing subscriptions, which expire on different days in June.

I wouldn't give them 2 cents a month for it. There is too much content available on the internet for free and my Spotify account let's me choose exactly what I want to hear. If I listen to the radio, it is to hear local information like news, weather and traffice.

Here's what I do to avoid your credit card from being charged when XM tries to do 'automatic renewal. Most credit card companies offer the ability to create a 'one time' credit card number (that links to your ongoing credit card account). You can choose how much you want the maximum amount of dollars that the 'one time' credit card number is limited to and also how long you want the 'one time' credit card number to be good for. When finally working out your deal with customer service tell them you have a different credit card you want to use for the transaction. Then give them the 'one time' number you generated prior to calling them. Do your research first and decide what you think you'll need to set as the maximum. For the 5 or 6 month deals set maybe $35- $40 as the maximum. For the 1 years deal set maybe $120 or so. This eliminates the need to pay any invoice billing fee (another way to make sure you don't get hit with auto-renewal charges). I make the time interval for the one time number for a month or two...the people taking the orders don't seem to care.

Was paying $132 , 1 year 'Mostly Music' for my car only...I know, idiot, right? Just got off of a 10 min call with a CSR and she did the $99 . Got her down to $50 for 6 months 'All Access' with minimal effort. Shoot, after reading all y'all's...I should've asked for the $30!! Still, I'm happy to pay much less for everything. I'll renew in 6 months and grab that $30 deal.

Thank you, I dread calling them. I followed the advice, said right away my budget would only allow the $30 for 6 months and it worked. This was the easiest transaction I have had with Sirius. I prefer to pay the $2 invoice fee rather than giving them my credit card number
Thanks,

I just renewed my Sirius subscription for six months for $30. The total was $33.78 with taxes and fees. Not too bad. The rep was insisting that all they had was 5 months for $25. However, I told her that I could see online that others had gotten 6 months for $30 in the last 3 days (a true statement). So, she had to get 'approval from her supervisor', and then the deal was done.

Just renewed all access on my 2 vehicles at $100 per vehicle or $126 after taxes and fees.....just let them know about your friend that received the same promo and if they dont meet it....you are walking. Make sure you talk to Customer Care. I will call back in 3 days and request they set up my account on invoice so it will not auto-renew and pull the credit card from the file.

Just got for $30 taxes and fees for 6 months. Also got other car extended for $3.60 for an additional 3 months so renewal will be on same day for both cars.

Just got 6 months for $30 taxes and fees. Also added 3 months to other car plan for $3.60 so both renew on same date.

Just got off the phone with CSR and I could not get 'Ricardo' to budge on the All Access at 12 months for $100 for a total of $126 with the taxes and fees. He kept offering $138.54 which is what I paid last year. I told him I could not afford that and I didn't see why I couldn't have the above deal when another customer had gotten it just 8 hours ago. He told me that was not a valid promotion. He offered $50 for six months for a total of $58.58 (which included $2.00 for paper invoice) which I finally accepted. I just didn't want to hassle with them again in six months. This total conversation took just over 18 minutes...he put me on hold for about 3 1/2 minutes while he was checking for the 12/$126...came back to say he couldn't do that.

I have one car w/ a Sirius radio, and one with SiriusXM. Somehow Sirius Select has Howard Stern but SiriusXM Select does not (you have to get All Access). The best SiriusXM All Access promo plan is $50 for six months which puts it kind of close to regular by my estimation. Has anyone received better than 6 for $50 for SiriusXM All Access?

They refused to give me less then 11 a month because my radio is number was not eligible help

Back