How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

i just called and was offered 1 year for 120.00 told them still to high and the rep could just cancel . I was offered 6 months for $50.00. Cancel at anytime, so I will be calling again in 6 months.

Every year I cringe from March to April when my subscription is up. I had 2 vehicles 1 with a year free and the other the $99 'special'. Then a $200 auto charge and still need to resolve the trial. Supposedly for 2 or more vehicles one needs to be the full price and the other gets a family discount. I said I'm done. The issue is mostly greed, but I have a theory that they must pay for their online personalities which have gotten much worse over the years.

On the phone now!! 6 months for $30 fees/ taxes = $34.10.
New stereo from the shop, new subscription.
They tried $20 per month.. Hahh
Nobody messes with the Bigfoot..

To all those who didn't get it, why wouldn't you just say 'look, I've been online and see all the people getting the 1 year for $99, so I want that too, or else I'm out.'? The customer reps know this, so if just saying you can't afford it doesn't work, just cut straight to the chase.

Hi! I just called. I had the 1 year for $99 plus fees/tax.She offered it again because it's convenient and I'm such a good customer :-), but I asked for the $5/month plan for a year. She said they didn't have one (I was looking for 1 year for $60) but she did offer the 5 months for $24.99 minus my 2 days credit ($.66) plus fees/taxes which came to $29.97. She said that while today is 3/30, the renewal date is 9/1. I put on my calendar, however, that the renewal date is 8/30 and I should call on the 29th (just to be safe). She was very pleasant and it took about 5 minutes. This was the select plan (I'm okay with that). I will double check on the the site and in the confirmation email, but every time I've done this (since 2012) it's all gone through as agreed. Thanks for the phone number (she gave me a different one, but I'll probably use the one you suggest).

Locked up All Access again for $119.88 vs quoted renewal price of $239.88. No way I'd ever pay that much.

My select plan was renewing tomorrow--4/1. Called, told her I wanted to cancel because I could not afford the renewal rate of $218.55. She immediately offered me the 1 year @$99. I asked for the 5 months for $25 and she agreed (it does not include taxes). I will call back in 4 months and 3 weeks!

Just got off the phone. Had to listen to the pitch (5 minutes) and. Couldn't get 6 for 30. Ha don't to style for 5 for 25. Not bad for 5 minute investment.

Thanks so much for this information. Just got the 5 month promotion for $30.02 total down from $218 per yr. I've been paying for years.

Told CSR I needed a lower rate to keep the service. Immediately offered me $99/ year. I asked for $25 plus tax for 5 months. He said okay. Entire call took about 8 minutes.

I liked the 6 month offer but they offered my the 5 months for $25. Still a good deal.

I've done this now for 3 years in a row. Last year it was a bit easier. Today the first guy said since I'd already received the discount in the past there could be no more. I told him I knew the drill so just do the $99 deal and save us both time. He said he really couldn't so I said I'd just wait, cancel, and then they'd send me a deal offering to take me back at $99 or less. Then he transferred me and the next person was very pleasant, took my information, and signed me up at $99 for a year. Happy to pay it. But its really not fair that they make us go through this.

I just renewed at the 99 - yes I could have held out- but I'm just ok at calling 1x a year. - I did call the other day and got a gentleman who would not make any offers. I knew as soon as he got on the line - he was NOT going to work out.

I've been getting 6 months of Sirius Select for $30 plus tax and fees for a total of $34.16. I always go the one time payment option and request a paper invoice be sent. Just renewed again.

I also had them waive the partial service fee of $14.68 for the period that auto renewed (4 weeks) before I called in. They didn't question me when I said I did not want to pay the partial service fee. In the past they have asked why, and I just state that I did not request for the service to renew - that is something they choose to do. When agreeing the various statements, I always ask that my service not auto renew but they say all there plans do it automatically.

Back