How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got off the phone with Sirius. Called to cancel and since I have the 'All Access' plan with Howard, it's a little more money(I guess because this is the XM type plan?), they offered 6 months for $9.33 a month = $55.98 and then a 1 year for around $125, I told them that was still too much she went ahead and processed the cancellation! This is the first time it has ever gotten this far. What is the best price someone has gotten with the 'All Access' plan?

Just renewed for $99 plus taxes and fees ($117 total) - call lasted 4 minutes 54 seconds. I did say I'd cancel if I could not get a deal and was offered this straightaway.

Just got off the phone and got the 5 months for $25 for Select. They did go through with several offers before I got that one, 1 year $99, 6 months for $48, etc.

I just hung up from customer service and they offered the $99 rate immediately. All good!

Worked perfectly for me, got offered one year, six and five month deals by Customer Service Rep, in that order. Settled on 5 months for $25 fees & taxes for both my Dad and I, call took 15 minutes...thanks for very informative and helpful post Emma.

Worked well, two radios with Select package, one on 6/$30 plan ending in four days the other on 5/$25 plan ending tomorrow. Called and advised that I wanted to cancel the service on the 5/$25 unit renewing tomorrow. The consultant offered 12/$99, then 6/$48 and finally 5/$25. I inquired whether I could renew both radios today on the 5/$25 promotion. They agreed immediately, prorating the few remaining days on the second radio. The duration of the call was 10 minutes.

Just renewed again (this is like my 5th time in a row) at $25 for 5 months. Took 5 minutes.

All access was went from $273.23to $136.54 ~50% off with a two minute call. Asked to cxl due to cost, she reviewed my account, and offered the new rate. I have been receiving the 'promotional rate' for years. Funny thing is she stumbled on the $99 offer at first, and corrected herself. I knew it was not for the All Access package (Stern). I actually renewed two months early and she gave me the prorate and started the new annual cycle. It really is a scam, I'm sure a large percentage do not make the call to balk and pay 200% more for the same service with the auto renew billing. I wish it was this easy for all billings...

My son used this request and they cancelled him and said if he wanted it back he would have a $200 reconnect fee

BAM!! Just called the above number and went from two hundred thirty three dollars and thirty cents a year to........wait for it..... one hundred thirty one dollars and eighty seven cents for the exact same package I had SELECT. Made a ONE TIME payment and told CSR NOT to keep the card on file, she said I will get an email 30 days prior to sub ending and I could then.....are you ready for this....check for ANOTHER promotional discounted plan.....ta tah. So go for the $99.00 a year deal and you will GET IT!

THANK YOU!! I was about two weeks out from being billed the scheduled renewal rate of $273.20. The call lasted about 8 minutes total. I didn't threaten to cancel, but stated I was calling to ask about current promotions because $275 was too steep for my budget. I paid just over $130 w/ taxes (reduced a little for my prorated credit) for same All Access programing. I feel the $140 range (what it would have been without my credit) for all access is fair price for the service and I would have been 100% fine cancelling if they didn't budge. Our 2017 spring break road trip is over, so I wouldn't have really missed it until our next scheduled 6 hour road trip in Sep. Best of luck to others! ae

Just called. They offered the $99/year (total = $112.76/year or $9.40/month, with fees and taxes).

Then they offered 6 months for $49.00. But then after 6 months the rate would renew at the standard higher rate.

Therefore, I just opted for the $99/year deal... and got off the phone in 10 mintues.

Thanks!

Just called, got a bill for $117.29 for 6 months. They offered the $99 for year. I ask if they could give me the same rate my friend was given 2 weeks ago....$25 for 5 months. They said yes but it would renew at the new rate of $54.09 in Aug unless I called to get a new rate. SO guess what....I will call in Aug to extend for another 5 months at $25 hopefully.

Just got all access for 121.86 for one year They wanted 286.00 just call and try.

2 cars /6 months/select package/$38.52 per car (includes all taxes and fees - base price $30 per car/6 months).

Just called a second time and finally got All Access, for Howard Stern, for 1 year at $119 plus taxes. ($130 )

Back