How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just renewed for $25 for 5 months on the Select plan. Two days left on my last 6 mo. subscription which I got for $24.99. After answering a bunch of questions about my listening habits, I basically told the rep that I only drive a few miles to work and hardly listen and that I'd just cancel if I couldn't the same or similar deal as last time. I asked for the same plan as before but the rep just kept offering me higher costs or longer duration so I mentioned the $25 for 5 months plan and she immediately said it was available. Got a small credit for the 2 days remaining on my current subscription and paid $27.99 incl. tax/fees for 5 months. Set an alert on my phone for a few days before the expiration and will do it again in July.

I was straight up and said I was not paying $273/yr for All Access and asked for $99/yr instead. She said that was for the music channels, but I could get All Access for $119 (plus $20 in taxes). Saved $130! Thanks for that number!

I've been a Sirius customer forever. I was straight up and said I was not paying $273/yr for All Access and asked for $99/yr instead. She said that was for the music channels, but I could get All Access for $119 (plus $20 in taxes). Saved $130! Thanks for that number!

All I ever pay is 22.64 every 6 months or I tell them to cancel. They'll give it to you.

I was upfront. Told them I want the $99 or I was contemplating cancelling. No hassle they just gave it to me.

Just upgraded to All Access from Select Access for a total (including fess and taxes) for $136.76, thanks for this info!

I have been a customer for several years along with my husband. He passed away a year ago and they claim the price is a lot higher for one person. Now it is $238.91 as opposed to $169.05 last year. That is just not right one so many levels. The guy online didn't offer any discounts he just recommended buying the cheaper package and getting less. May not renew I feel robbed.

So, I misread this thread and thought the $25 was an all-inclusive price (taxes, fees etc...) and I called and insisted on it. Turns out (on my second call) that they agreed and I ended up paying $25 total for 5 months.

Just got the 5 months for $25 renewal deal. Not the 6 months/25 that some are getting but better than 'sticker price' and even the $99/year offer that I could have chosen. Thanks to all for the great advice.

I just called on the day before my subscription expired and got the 5 months for $28.46 (including fees) per radio. Furthermore, I was actually going to cancel one of my radios because it was broken. They offered me a Stratus 7 and car kit for free, I only had to pay $7.09 shipping.

I called the 1-888-601-6302 number.

Just got a 1 year extension for $119.63, all access subscription. That's a pretty good deal!

Once again, I called today and did the annual 'dance.' Simply said I wanted to cancel because it's too expensive, got the $99 deal, and as usual, told them to send me a invoice so I can pay by check. That's all it takes. Don't give out too much personal information or unnecessary details. Just say it's too expensive, you want to cancel, and like magic, the price gets cut in half.

Interested in knowing what package people are getting at what price. $99 all access seems best. $50 for 6 months of what? Select? not as good as $99 for all access. and $25 for 5 months of what? Basic?? Select?? Mostly Music?? Prices are relative to the package, so please say what package you got. I got a $99 renewal on XM Select last month after telling them $200 plus was ridiculous. Shooting for at least $99 on my new one when the trial ends for ALL ACCESS.

I just got off the phone with them. Our subscription expires in 2 days. they had me at $19.44 per month for Select. I simply said I could not afford that. She asked me a few questions about XM, next thing I know she makes an offer of $54.00 for 6 months then $30.00 plus tax for 6 months. I graciously took the $30.00. I will do this EVERY time. Thank you, Thank you!!!

I get the same deal every 5 months. It is $25 for five months, with tax it comes out to be $30 and change. I do the song and dance (very politely) with the first person and them explaining that the promotion I had doesn't exist any longer. I ask them to please send me to another agent who can help me or ask them if I can cancel my account. They send me to their manager who then gives me the same promotion I have. I have been doing this for years. I have a tickler on my Outlook to remind me.

Just renewed today!
$30.45 for 5 months
2/16/2017-7/16/2017

OLD SUBSCRIPTIONS:

$30.17 for 5 months
9/16/2016 – 2/16/2017

$25.55 for 3 months
6/17/2016 – 9/17/2016

$25.55 for 3 months
3/16/2016 – 6/16/2016

5 Months $30.45 ($30.12 after credit)
10/16/2015 – 3/16/2016

$23.57 for 5 months
5/18/2015 - 10/18/2015

5 Months for $29.80
12/22/2014 – 5/22/2015

Same thing every 5 months...call tell them I have too much content available on my smartphone and the service isn't worth their regular rate. I'll gladly renew for 5 months for $25 or please cancel. They always renew at the special rate. Just call prior to expiration or they will try to charge you standard rates for the times in between. They previously wouldn't alert you when the special subscription ended and standard kicked in but now they can send you an email reminder 10 days prior to expiration. Make sure you tell them your credit card is for one time use only so they don't automatically charge it for your renewal

Called and got the 6 months for $30 deal today plus taxes which comes up to $36 and change every 6 months. (Last time I received 6 months for $25 but I didn't feel like haggling today over the $5.)

I called SiriusXM today...told them I wanted to extend my XM Select subscription that was due to expire on Feb 23, 2017. Was quoted much higher rate then I currently pay for 6 month subscription. Told them I would have to cancel unless they could offer same rate as I have been paying (about $34 for 6 months all in price). After a brief hold their CSR said they could match what I paid in the past. I'm happy for now until next renewal date comes around.

As long as you remain polite, they will bend over backward to keep you as a customer. I got $124 for one year of all-access. It's really the way to go, because you can use the radio, and let you spouse use the Internet app to listen in her car, so it's 2-for-1. I have a friend who couldn't get a good renewal deal, so he let his subscription expire. Then they offered him the same big cut-rate discount I got, 50% off for all-access.

Back