How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just finished the phone call. 10 minutes. Cancelled one radio and updated the other with a year of All Access plus streaming for $120 (plus $26 in taxes and fees... grrr). The customer support rep was great, however.

Just called and told them that I was going to cancel. They will try to offer $99/1 year, but don't take it. I always push them for the 6 months for $25 or threaten to cancel. He went to a 'supervisor' and came back meeting the 6 months for $25.00 plus fees and taxes.

I was pretty surprised to see that I was billed 18 bucks for just one month of service, after my promotional rate expired (6months for 29.99). So in my head I was definitely like 'screw that' and called to cancel. They initially offer the $99 per year. And then they offered something that sounded like $45-$50 for 6months. After saying no to that, she offered the 5-month for $25 deal. Which I gladly accepted.

I hate this company soooooooo much! I have a new radio and I'm on a promo deal set to expire 2/8. I called today to renew for 6 mos at 24.99; after MUCH haggling, she tells me a renewal would be effective as of today and I'd lose out on my remaining week of free service! I told her to just leave everything alone, I may just let it expire. Such a pain having to go through this with them every time you want to renew your service.

I keep this site bookmarked because it works.
Currently on six months $49.99 All access. I think this is my 4th year checking out what the best deals are available here before I call for a renewal. I play Sirius/XM in my car through their App because I refused to pay for a $400 upgrade on my vehicle. Navigation is a bit clumsy but the sound is great. All you need is an aux cord and smart phone.

Called a few days ago to renew my Select plan (after receiving an invoice for more than $200) and told the rep I could only renew if I kept the $99 fee ( fees of course, about $112 total) I had last year. Rep was very accommodating, checked my account and said no problem. More expensive than the 6-month deal, but I'd rather not have to go through this process more than once a year. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going!

This is what they're telling me today:
Introductory Cost: $119.88 $16.66 (U.S. Music Royalty Fee) = $136.54

I can't get them to go lower. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the heads up! I just renewed my subscription for $99 vs the full subscription price that the agent quoted. He said there were no other specials on my account, I looked this up and assured him there was a $99 special and he said he had to get his supervisor to approve it. Which he did about 2 minutes later. I will set my calendar for 360 days from now and call back to get whatever special is running at teh time. You know this company wants to keep your CC for annual billing, so you have to object to your bill before your subscription renews.

Last bill I got from Sirius was $350! We do have satellite radio in the car and in the house. But our bill was usually $250. When I told the guy I was going to cancel it, he said to do what I had to do! So I guess it just depends on who you talk to as to what price you get!!

Wow - amazing. All I did was just ask for the $99.00 plus fees rate for a year and got it right away. (Maybe should have asked for $79.00.....) My total was $115.17. I'm happy with that. Thanks again!

Just called Sirius, which I do every five months. Once again, got the service for $25.00 plus tax, and she credited me the two days as I called before my expiration date. Simple, easy, no hassle.... been doing this for more than five years.... I think that they know me now. :)

just called and got the $99/year each for both radios that I have - no hassle or questions asked....for a change. Why they continue with these crazy tactics I will never know. I will also set a 360 day reminder to call again next year.

Have had XM Select for the last 2 years at $89. Just renewed for the $99. Not as good as $89 but still better that $217. Just call before the renewal date and keep firm about cancelling unless you can get the lower rate. All had to say was that and the CSR offered me the $99 deal right away. The 6 months for $25 is definitely better but you have to wrangle with them twice a year instead of once.

Wow this is really disappointing...I just got off the phone with them and they said they had no special offers or promotions at this time, and that they would hate to lose me as a customer but they understand if i need to make that decision. I felt like they were not working with me at all. I held off on canceling since I still have a few days left on current subscription. I've only had Sirius for a year! I filled out the 'still unresolved' customer service form online. I hope they make a better offer. seriously considering just canceling now.

Once again...call # 1 was $223 dollars for 1 yr renewal with no consideration for a 4 yr customer. call # 2 was $99 dollars for 1 yr renewal and it was like speaking with another company. I like SiriusXM radio product but only at a reasonable rate. Good luck to all!

just got the $25 Tax for 5 months deal, totally worth it. The $99 a year offer is advertised on their site, so you dont need to do anything aside of telling them that you want it. The $25 is a much better deal even if you need to call them every 5 months :)) Theres a $40 savings over the course of the year. I prefer to save and take my kids out for ice cream instead of giving XM the extra $$.
But thats me...

Just called and said my bill was too high. He immediately offered me $99 a year. I asked if there was any lower rate and he said no. I didn't push because the bill they had sent was $237.

Back