How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got $50 All Access Package for 6 months. First the rep told me there were no discounts available. I told him to remove the auto-renew from my account and just let my promotional plan run out in 2 days. A miracle happened and he suddenly had a $119.00 for a year of all access package. I told him that was a 20% increase over my current promotion and it would be best if he just let my plan run out and I will live without it. He asked me to hold while he went to talk to his supervisor. A second miracle occurred and he now could offer me 6 months of all access for the same $49.99 ($56.02 with music royalty fees) that I currently have. Done deal.

I got an email from them tonight that my 2-month trial ends in 4 days and listed a special offer to subscribe ($25/5 months). When I linked through to siriusxm.com, it gave me both that option and the $99/year option. I have never had the options given to me in an email before.

Called the number on my bill and the the rep wouldn't budge. Used the 888-601-6302 number and got a 50% discount. Thank You

Just talked to them as ours expires on the Feb 9 and got no deal even when I asked about the 6 months for $25 with code. Told them I'd just let it expire and then try to get a deal. They didn't care.

Just called and got the $99 special and that's fine with me as I was paying 19.99/mth

Had 6 month for $50 Sirius XM All Access x 1 car. Called on day it expired asking for same deal as could not afford 'current specials or rates' and will cancel. Was told that yes I will receive 'same continuing deal of $50.00/6 month' per Sirius, however total with tax & fees came to $60.13 for 6 months. I called number 866-635-2349.

If you don't like the deal they are offering (or the no deal as it were) then just let your subscription expire. I promise you that you'll receive decent 'welcome back' offers via email. Heck half the time I let my account expire they keep it on for several weeks or even months before they finally shut me down. Another suggestion - make sure you call early enough in the day when you're going to get a US-based CSR. After hours their customer service seems to be transferred to another country where the reps either don't care, don't understand and, more than likely, are not allowed to give your the deal you want and need.

Called the number above and easily got the $99/12 mo. even two weeks after my bill was due. Thanks.

Isn't there supposed to be the ability to have multiple radios on one account?

Thanks for the info Spoofee! I have been with XM since 2011 and with great customer service. I renewed for another 5 months for $25. I did tell them I couldn't afford the $99 year deal. After a few ho!D's for supervisor approval, the rep adjusted $20 off my past due (back to Dec) for a total of $37.35 paid thru July. I'm happy!

5 month for $25 plus tax for select plan. Took longer then usual-they said specials were unique to certain radios but after 10 minutes they gave me the rate listed above

6 minutes on the phone and my 2 week overdue bill was reduced from $211 to $115 for another year. Not much easier than that.

Just got $25 for 5 months. My $99/year promo was set to expire 2/14. Personally I can live with only Pandora and iPod access since my 2016 Honda interface allows me control it without touching my phone. But for ~$5/month, I'll take XM.

10 minutes of discussion and my bill for 'Select' service (includes sports) went down from $218.55 to $112.76 including taxes and fees. That's the total with the $99 deal. The agent first tried to save me money by downgrading my service. I said I would only consider select. You don't need to downgrade to save. Hold out for what you want. Don't call the number on your renewal invoice, they won't discount. The 1-888-601-6302 number works.

I did not receive an email warning of a renewal service charge and my card was hit for $259. I called the 888-601-6302 retention number and told them I that I couldn't afford that and wanted to cancel. I actually had planned to deal with this in advance of renewal (I have 2 radios in cars and next one renews in 3 weeks) but I guess I forgot to put an alert on my calendar.

After telling the rep that I wanted to cancel, she proceeded to do her pitch and I barely spoke, just answered "no" or "yes" appropriately. I mostly just listened as she dropped from one rate to the next, when she got to her best rate 'if she could get it approved' and I answered ... "hmmmm," she responds with "I notice your other radio expires soon, and since you have been such a good customer I'll speak to my supervisor and see what I can do." My response ... "OK.”

Upon her return, she offers the $25 for 5 month deal each for both radios, with tax & fees; final is $56.92 total for 2 radios extended 5 months each. The only hitch, they do not credit back the credit card, they send a check to arrive in 10 days for a $202.70 refund - which I will take and apply immediately to my credit card.

I just call this number each time I go to renew and am honest with them up front - I don't listen to XM enough to justify $99.00 every six months so unless they can give me the $25.00 for 5, or $30.00 for 6 deal, I will go ahead and just cancel. My request and obtaining the discounted price has has always gone through on the first attempt and the call is usually completed in about 5 minutes.

Super Sirius information! I was a new customer and when quoted the regular price, I asked if I could get the $99.00 special offer. The CSR said, 'Yes.' So I'm signed up for my first year using Sirius. Thank you for providing the information which enabled me to get this deal!

Just got the 30 for 6 mos deal. Took a few times asking but he eventually gave it to me. Would not back-date the invoice to the beginning of the month so I had to pay $9 balance in addition. Started out at 108, for a year, then 99 for a year, then 54 for a year, then 30 for 6 mos.

Back