How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

20 mins on phone with nice lady. Best I could get for Select Plan for one year was $99 plus $16.42 tax. They did waive the royalty fee of $13.76. I was also offered the 5 or 6 month package, but I do not want to deal with them that often.

Had been billed $220 renewal fee. With information just received called the
phone number provided and to my surprise, less than six minutes bill was reduced to $118.35 more than 50% less.

Just called - 10 minutes. I got 5 months for $25.00 ($30.40 total) I couldn't get her to cave for the 6 months for $25. I couldn't understand what she was saying very well so I just finally accepted the 5/25 deal.. I sure hate that I'll have to do this again in 5 months though...I don't like wheeling and dealing...

I just called that number and got a renewal for 28.00 for five months I have been with them for over ten years paying mega money over 200.00 a year you would think that they would give the long time listeners these discounts. no you get the cheaper pricing if you cancelled and come back. Go figure. It is all about the money now. I am done after June
Upset in NY.

I called to cancel my subscription which ends 1/15/17. They immediately offered to sell me a 1-year subscription for a reduced price of $99 fees. I said 'no', and I was offered $47 fees for a 6-month subscription. I said 'no' and the rep 'went to her supervisor' and got me 'approved' for the $25 fees for 5 months - the same as I have been paying for the last 5 months. Note that they would not start the new subscription on 1/16/17 as I requested, but included a credit from today through 1/15. I would suggest you wait as long as possible before your expiration date to make the call to cancel.

On the phone now with the number listed. I've been calling for a few years to get a lower rate, but this call has been the easiest one by far. She woman didn't even give me a chance to disagree before she was giving my a lower option. Ended up renewing two radios for 5 months at $25

I was able to get the $99 per year (plus fees), once I indicated I was going to cancel.

Just received $119.88 All Access for 12 months after declining $199.88 All Access for 12 months

have 2 radio, 1 with select 1 with all-access - got 5m/$25 on select, 6m/$50 on all-access with an 8 minute total call

Been using this phone number for the past 3 years and have gotten a discount on 4 radios every time. Got it down to 112 per year per radio.
That way i only have to fool around with it once a year.
I dont mind paying a little for the service and 10 dollars a month is great. I used to pay more buying cds.
They have to be able to keep the service going.
I just make sure i let them know i will cancel if they cant do it for me.
They always have been very nice.
I have had XM sice 2003 and LOVE it.

THANK YOU!!!! I just got 50% off my all access subscription. It sounds like it will renew at the old rate so I will save this number and call again next year. It feels so good to save this money!

1 radio with all-access... called to 'cancel'... offered me $145 for a year... I said was too much... agent 'spoke to his supervisor' :-)... came back with $125... told them 'if you can get it under $100 for a year we can keep it, otherwise we'll need to cancel'... agent again 'spoke to supervisor' (pretty sure they just put you on hold and surf FB for a few min) :-P... Viola! Supervisor agreed to the $99 promotion (LOL)

Called today, 1-888-601-6302. 7 minute phone call. 5 months of XM select, ~$30 after fees, etc. Just say you want to cancel due to the price only, they'll offer XM select for $99 per year, hold out, and they'll offer it for $25 per 5 months (plus fees). Make sure to call a day or two before its set to auto-renew to maximize the benefit. They credit you for the difference between the number of days you have remaining and what you owe. Easy peasy.

Just got six months for a total of $36.38 all fees included. Not bad considering the original bill was $223.41 for a year. Took 15 minutes and had to ask for the $25 for six months deal.

just got 5 months for 25 after threatening to cancel. first offered 99 for a year and i said no, where's the 5 month special. After hem and haw and searching system, gave it to me. Have done it about 10 times.

One of my cars is expiring 2/5 so I just called to cancel due to price - bill for $219 when I paid $99 last year. He offered to drop to $118 and I said no -just cancel and he did without offering any other deal. Made me mad so I cancelled my 2nd car too! I'm sick of the game they play where I have to call to negotiate each renewal - for me, every 6 months.

1/31/2017
I have two radios each with Sirus Select programming and did the 'I am going to cancel due to price,' as the original person said there were no current promotions. I was transferred to customer service/retention where I was immediately offered the $99 year fees and taxes. Total for me, in Kansas was right at $123 per radio per year. As we are in the vehicles a lot, I am very pleased with paying $10.50/month per vehicle. Total call time was about 14 minutes as I had to be read the full agreement for each radio for some reason. No issues, no hassle. Done for another year. Thanks to all those before me for showing the way.

Back