How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

When you call tell them you want to talk to the cancellation department and in their own words this is the only department that will give you the promotions. Make sure that they are in Nova Scotia, the rest of the call centers cannot do anything for you. Such a waste that they make you jump through hoops even if you have been with them for a long time.

I just called Sirius-XM. I have been a subscriber since Howard joined in 2006. for the past 5 years I have been paying ~35 bucks a month for 2 radios and 1 internet account. I was able to get it down to ~57 for 6 months. Cant beat that with a stick. I just have to remember to renew again in 6 months.

Just called to renew my subscription....didn't even need to play the game this year.
The fellow said 'based on your calling the evening, should I assume you'd like the $99 renewal?'
A shame you have to do any of this, but like said- no drawn out games this time....

Sirius is a joke. 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone arguing about a mistake they made. I cancelled my subscription and they didn't care in the least. Poor customer service. They've really gone downhill. Loyalty means nothing to them anymore. I was giving them a second chance after being away for a couple years. Now I remember why I quit them the first time

is this in Canada or USA? because i just did an online chat (canada) and the best they offered was FAMILY Select for $30 plus tax and plus fees and i had to pay $4 plus tax per mth for howard stern. I tried asking for the $25 select package and they said not a such offer. did not renew...... Dec 31 2016-

Called today to renew and asked for $24.99 for 5 mos. They offered $57.92 for 3 mos. I declined. They offered 99/yr. Again I declined and said I wanted $24.99. They agreed. $30.17 including taxes and fees.
It stinks that you have to go through this every 5 months. What other company does business this way?

I just called and told them I'd like to cancel. I was immediately offered the 12 months for $99 promo. I declined and asked if there was something with a shorter term. I was then offered 6 months for $29.94 plus fees and taxes which I accepted which came out to approx $34. Entire call took less than 5 minutes including hold time. Wow!!

All Access - I called the number above and said i was cancelling due to cost and they immediately offered 120 year taxes and fees = 146.80. It was super quick and easy. (not a siriusxm employee but long time subscriber)

happy new year. called to renew our plans, asked if they had any promotions. was told of the $99/yr plan. asked about the 6months for $25? was told that was available and renewed our subscription. did not take long at all.

Called today and quickly got the 5 month for $25 just by starting off with it. He asked me about the higher price packages but it seems to be company policy because he told me just answer Yes or no to move on. Then his third offer was the 5 for $25 plus fees for $29.19 only took me 8 minutes including the call back connect time.

I called and got a great deal All Access including Internet SirusXM for $137.59 for a whole year! They did offer me the $99.00/year for the select package. I really wanted to listen through the internet. They will bill me by check as they would not accept my prepaid Debit Card. This is great! Plan to pay by USPS Money Order! Ha!

Just called I was offered my current Select package for $99 for the year that's fine and didn't want to haggle. It was better than the 218 I was about to be charged ;-)

Called and asked for a better price than $235/year. They offered only music for $10.99/month. Thought that was a good enough deal and accepted.

I told them that I would pay $5 per month since Pandora Plus is $4.99 a month. They had to go through the whole '$99 per year' and I declined. Finally paid $25 for 5 months which is what I originally asked for. Then she said 'Call a week before your subscription runs out and ask for same deal' - I have a reminder on my calendar to do just that. This is the second time I've only paid $25 for 5 months.

I tried but was told that I received the offer last year ($99), and they can not offer it to me this time. Did anyone else run into this?

I just called and was able to get 6 months for $35.81 including all taxes and fees as well as their annoying invoice fee.

Same issue, last year I paid $162. They sent me a renewal letter by us mail for $273. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous, a 68% rate increase when the service is unchanged? So, of course I googled 'sirius retention', find this info, call, and now they are renewing me at $128. If they had just left my rate near $168 I wouldn't have called. They are behaving like a cable company.

Just called and got the deal for the $25 with tax and fees comes out to $31 for 5mnths. I have to say they will work with you and try to get you all of what you want for a pretty good price. They have to start high and work there way dwn jay like any other sales pitch.

Back