How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

$75.00 off of a year! They didn't give me three years that I normally subscribe to, they will only work on a one year basis. I have had them for 6 years with two three year subscriptions. The only reason I caught it was they tried to renew without my authorization. I received nothing in the mail this time. I had a balance due and they emailed me to tell me my service may be interrupted. My package has gone up $200.00 since I have subscribed. I am in the same vehicle with no changes since day one that I drove off of the lot.

I don't believe in scamming companies, I do believe in Sirius doing the right thing for their long term customers. All they had to do was send me my regular letter a couple of moths in advance giving me options of what I wanted to do.

Plan was about to renew next week for $189 year. Truthfully i planned to cancel, but found this website. The very nice rep asked if I was cancelling because of the price and I said yes. She offered me one year at $89. I thought about it, asked if that was the best deal going on right now, then she said, well, if you want a shorter term, we have $25 for 5 months that auto renews quarterly for $42 and I would receive a reminder notice in the mail. She told me to write down the date it would renew (in 5 months). I plan to call and ask for the current deal then as well.

This is a great tip, I originally called and the CSR said no deal, when I called the number listed above I got both of my vehicles renewed at $89.00 each for a year, not quite $77.00 but a lot better than 185.50/each. This is a great tip for anyone who has Sirius XM..

I have 2 vehicles equipped with Sirius xm. My wife's Honda minivan which hasn't had active service for the past month, and my nissan which had a 6 month term set to expire in 2 weeks. I got a letter in the mail last week offering to renew the Honda for a 6 month special of $25 ($28 incl tax) I accepted that and asked to cancel my nissan thinking they would give me the same deal. The rep declined stating the offer is only valid for the radio listed in the letter. After he activated the Honda he transfered me to another rep to cancel the Nissan. She offeted a year for $89. After declining the offer she presented a shorter term...6 months for $44. I told her that I just activated a Honda for 6 months for $25. She put me on a brief hhold before coming back to the phone and saying that they can give me the same offer for the Nissan. Minus the 2 week credit they gave me for the term I was in the Nissan cost $25 after tax. I plan on calling back in another 6 months in order to go thru all this again. In the end I got 2 cars with 6 months of xm select package for $53.

Coming off a 3 month free all-access trial with my wife's new car, they sent many emails and letters for prices that were too high for select.

I called on the last day of the trial and said I wanted to cancel. The first rep offered me $199 for all-access. I said it was just too high. She transferred me to someone who offered me $119 plus fees, so a total of $131.

I tried to get them to come down to $99 but she wouldn't do it and I so I took the deal. I listen all day at work so I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Good luck!

Really helpful!. My annual renewal had been for $180 ($160 $20 music user fee), and they offered $100 ($89 $11 music user fee). Saved $80 with a 5 minute call. No hassle.

Great! Thank You!. I just asked to cancel my account, rep. asked why and I responded that I thought the renewal price of $50 was too high. She offered me a $25 rate for 5 months. I asked for $25 for 6 months and she gave it to me.

I just received 6 months for $32.15 including fees and taxes. Thanks for the heads up. :-)

I just called and the rep was super helpful and offered me the same thing I had before. 6 months for $25 which I jumped on :) Just add a reminder to call before it automatically renews and get your self a new deal at that time.

Well everyone seems to have gotten a really great deal here so I'm going to try it too. I called a little earlier and ended up getting someone that said they were located in Egypt. I reached them by calling the number that was listed on my letter that my new bill was due. This will be my third time trying to renew the first two times I got five months for $28 this time they told me no deal I had to pay full price and they would not budge! I called twice I even asked to speak with a supervisor told him that the price was too high and I wanted to cancel they told me okay fine cancel will put in the ticket for your cancellation. Beepers! I'm glad I just found this site so I am going to try the number that was suggested here I'll get back with you to let you know what happened wish me luck!!

Just wondering doesn't matter what time you call? It seems like if you call after seven or 8pm you get someone in a different country that don't understand the art of negotiating, and honestly not very friendly.

I just wrote the post below about calling a few times trying to get my bill reduced and needed to cancel and they told me to go ahead and cancel well ....... I called the number that you left here on the website and it worked great I got five months for $25 thank you so much for posting this! And just to add the person that I spoke with was very nice and very helpful.... And was not so far away in Egypt. Do we outsource that far?

just called 1-888-801-0516 and the CSR agree to give me a 6 months deal total of $30.08 tax and fees included. that is $25 without tax and fees. for XM Select.

I just called today to cancel my Mostly Music Monthly plan.
I said it cost to much. First offer $89/ 1 yr of select, 2nd offer $49/6 months of select and I took the last offer 5 months for $24.99 plus tax. Pretty easy, I just kept saying the offer was still too much. Thanks for the info everyone.

My turn. Had the $185.50 due next week. I was offered and took the $25 for 5 months. I will call back in December and try again. I was offered $100 for another year but opted for the 5 month deal. Glad I checked around and found this site first. Thanks!!

I just called (7/30/14 9:30 AM EST) and spoke with Warren in the cancellation department. I called the number listed here on this site. He wouldn't bend on not charging taxes and service fees. Instead of two of my cars for $25 a month, I got them for $28.11 each a month. He initially offered 12 months for $86 dollars, then said $77 dollars each for 12 months. I told him I wanted just for 5-6 months. He then offered $25 plus taxes and fees. $28.11 for 5 months. I'm pretty happy.

I just got 5 months for 22.49 out the door, after being offered 12 months for 199 lol, that's a sad company, guess they rather u have it turned on than off even if it's for pennies... Thank u xm

Just found a coupon on Retailmenot for Sirius, 25.00 for 6 months. After talking with rep for 45 minutes to renew, previous bill was 108.00 for 6 months, she accepted. My total was charged 31.00. Good deal.

Back