How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I called and spoke with 2 different people, neither would give me $77 for 12 months or $87 for full access for 12 months so I went with the Select Plan for 12 months at $89. With fees and taxes it came out to $107.14 (I'm in Texas). I wasn't thrilled but it's better than paying full price! I'm saving over $85.

Just called and got one year access for $73.95, or $6.16 a month! I'm happy.

Just got off the phone with Jason, extremely customer friendly and helpful. My Select account year will be up in two weeks. He signed me up for All Access for 3 months for free. Will have to call back in 88 days or so and decide on renewing Select or All Access for a year. Will ask for him again but I don't know if they have capability to transfer me to him or would want to.

I had tried two other 'cancellation'numbers which had not worked. This number worked and I got select account for $89 plus tax = $100.13.

Okay, I just reviewed all deals on all packages. I really wanted internet, too, so everything is for one year, with internet:
1) Mostly Music - $119.00 plus $4.00/month for internet = $160.00 plus taxes, etc. - estimated $180-ish

2) Select - Special of $25.00 for 5 months then $14.99 for 7 months = $94.30 for the year plus $4.00/month for internet = $142.30 plus taxes (estimated $160.00 all in)

3) All Access - their published price is $199.88 per year, which includes internet. HOWEVER, I got $119.88 per year plus taxes = $131.71 for the full year. So the top of the line is cheapest if you want internet.

Bottom line, be sure you ask them for apples-to-apples comparisons, especially if you want internet music (smartphone, tablets).

Hope that helps and enjoy your tunes, news or sports...whatever!

I just did it and it worked!! wow, Told them I couldnt pay and they said since I called before my nect billing cycle I was credited so total came to $17.52 for next 5 months of service. DOPE!! Thanks dude I owe you

Question - is the free 3 month trial the all access plan or what? I have no way of telling what in my system (2015 Kia Sorento) is part of the car and what is part of Sirius/XM?

People like yall are horrible. Always want something for free instead of paying. Satellite radio is not something you HAVE to have, so if you want it, then pay the regular. Those of you talking about 'I Hate doing this dance every year' are the the real pricks. I can't WAIT for the new rules to kick in where it's 'you want it? Here's the price! No? Have a good day.' ? ? ? ?

Just called to cancel- was offered music package for $7 or select package for $5.month for 5 months. No haggling involved. Rep said to call back in 5 months to see what specials they have or what they will offer me if I don't want to go back to the $14.99 rate. Seems their customer service department is getting a lot better.

I was auto renewed online and charged $89 (before taxes) for 6 months. I called to cancel, and they offered me the same price for 12 months. I'd say, it's a win. It really is a shame that they over charge so many people.

Took advantage of a six month Select offer of $33.68 (including taxes) when my 3 month free trial ended in Jan. Just spoke with a lovely young woman who, understandably, tried to sign me up for a more expensive plan. However, in 12 minutes, including the time it took to go thru the voice commands and connect with the rep, I rec'd an offer of 5 months for $27.92 incl taxes. And that was calling the regular cancellation number instead of the one listed here since I didn't write this number down when I should have! Unlike others, I am fine with doing this every few months and decided to approach it as a 'game' and a way to develop new negotiation skills instead of complaining about it. This has the added advantage of letting me enjoy my service without wasting time and energy obsessing about a small expenditure of time for a pretty good payoff.

Worked for me, thank you. The number on my renewal notice (1-866-635-7189) did not work, so I hung up and called the number in step 1. Thank you!!!!!

OK....Just played the game too. (First time in in 8 yrs)...Luckily my CC wasn't up to date so I called them.....Told them I wanted to cancel...Make a long story short, I was paying $210 for car use plus internet and smartphone (NO ALL ACCESS). Now I'm getting everything including Stern and so on for $142.78. But one year from now, it will go up to $232.15 !!!! I'll just play this little game once again when the time comes.

Called to renew..price was 100.00 for one year. Then I said I see a special for 5 months for 25.00. Got that deal instead for two cars 25.00 each.

Just got $26.62 for 6 months. They tried to get me for 96.64 for 12 months initially.

THANKS...this really worked. Received renewal invoice for $185.50 and used your cancellation technique and ended up with 12 months for $87.83 including tax. Got it for $7 a month!!!

Back