How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

What do you get with the $99 deal? I currently have a Sirius Radio Kit in my current car and pay $15.99/month for Howard Stern and Internet. I just bought a new car with SiriusXM radio and after the 3 month trial expires, SiriusXM tells me I have to pay $24.99/month for All Access in order to get Howard because not offered on the 'XM radios' Select service. I threatened to cancel then after my trial and she didn't give a crap - didn't offer me anything even after telling her I've been a subscriber for 10 years. I want a promotion deal that gets me Howard and Internet for my new car (Nissan).

made a 6 and a half minute phone call to cancel and told them the 218 renewal rate for xm select was too expensive and instantly offered me the 99/year rate I tried to ask for 89/year rate and they said they don't offer anymore so I took it and it came to 119 after taxes and fees

I just renewed my SiriusXM Select for the $30 for 6 months. This comes with a free 30 days of internet radio. My question is, has anyone gotten a deal on the internet radio?

I called into 866-601-6302 this morning, asking to cancel my service due to 'costs too much for the value I was receiving'. Maria provided me with $99 taxes/fees for 1-year Select XM. I went with it. Thank you for this website and information. Extremely valuable tool for consumers!

Just after stating my six month trial was ending and I wouldn't pay triple the price, I was instantly offered the $99/year deal. Thanks for the tip to not leave my card on file. We'll do this dance again in a year...

Called (888) 601-6302 today and without saying anything other than I was thinking of cutting this unnecessary expense. First offer $99 for 1 year, stated it may be too long since I'm in a lease so second offer was $48 for 6 mos, and after mentioning my offer last time was half of that, she offered the $25 for 5 months - done!

another successful call for the 5 months for $25. Had one of the most persistent agents ever, but was able to get the deal after about 10 minutes.

Called to renew today. Offered initially $99 for 12 months. Then, $49 for 6 months. Then, asked for a 5 month rate and given a deal of $25. Took less than 10 minutes. Very nice lady.

Cancelled today. They offered me all access for $120 for a year, then $50 for 6 months (both pre-tax and fees.) I said I still wanted to cancel and they let me walk. They've cancelled so much of their premium programming, yet continue to raise their prices. I won't miss it.

Received an email with this deal, so I'm not sure if you can call up and ask for it. Got 1 year XM Select on a Nissan Juke for $99 plus 1 year free internet streaming. Total 120.66 with fees/taxes.

The problem is they have your credit card on file and automatically charge you full price upon renewal. Was thinking about giving a prepaid visa with just the right amount for the initial cost. This way if you forget to cancel your not charged. Should work?

Under 5 minutes renewed 6 month XM Select Package for $25 BS Fees...No Complaints

Got ALL ACCESS 6 months for $60. Seems like the standard which is $118 for 12 months (plus taxes etc)

I do this every 6 mos...Just did this again yesterday. Told them I found an internet offer of 6mo/$25.00 (which I did find, but expired). Got 6 months for $25 plus fees, total of $29.83, which includes a $2.00 invoice fee (to avoid them automatically charging a credit card, so I do it this way and mail in a money order, not a check). Anyway, a simple 5 minute call with an explanation that I can stream Pandora anywhere, anytime, even in my car, so why keep XM? They're glad to retain customers, so they accepted my proposal. Only inconvenience is the call every 6 months, and going to get a money order to mail out. Well worth it.

Ask for an invoice, do not pay with a CC or check. $2 invoice fee, but safety of not having your CC or bank acct charged automatically.

Just called and had to argue a little bit, said the best Canadian deal they can offer is $25 for 5 months. The 6 month deal is in the US only

Perfect! Was first offered the 99 per year, then 50 per 6 months, then they finally 'talked to the manager' and offered the 5 months for 25.

Thanks for the tip!

I bought a used onyx radio to go in another vehicle. How will that work the existing acct?

Back