How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

All Access. I called three weeks ago when I got my renewal bill for the full price. I got them down to $222 for fourteen months instead of the usual twelve. But I didn't get a paper bill until today and it was for the full price ($271) I called to cancel again and they gave me my old rate of $142 for a year. I never give them my credit card so they cant auto renew. They even waived the $2 paper invoice fee since they already mailed me a bill. Always a good idea to stick with paper billing with these folks.

I do this every year with Sirius XM. Do the dance with them and be patient you will get a lowered rate by more than 50% or more most of the time.
Started with a Select plan billed for $200.12 and ended up paying $99 including taxes and fees for the year.

Worked like a charm First offer was the $15.99 for the XM Select, then $99 for 12 months. Third offer was the 5 months for $25. I also asked them not to keep the card on file in case I want to charge it to another card upon renewal. Thanks Spoofee!

So far, I've talked with three reps and they aren't budging on the $220/year, trying to sell me a lesser plan for less money, not the same plan. The last rep said he was transferring me to cancellations and then I was hung up on. This is ridiculous, I like the XM Radio but this is crazy. Suggestions from anyone?

Called (888) 601-6302 and spoke to lovely Diane and asked to renew at my current rate. After being offered the $99/yr then $49/6 mo (sounds like they have to offers those, although she knew i would decline) i was offered the current rate of $25/5 mo.

I just called ready to negotiate price and was offered the 5 months for $25 immediately. Entire call took 5 minutes. Thank you!

Called the number listed below and they gave me the same $99 deal I had for last year. The number i called on the renewal form both reps I spoke to would not budge with the over $200 renewal rate but the (888) 601-6302 was super helpful no questions asked

Call the number above. Whole process took me 10 minutes. I got the $24.99/5 month deal on the final offer. Just keep telling them you want to cancel. I believe they have 'trigger' words that 'allow' them to offer the promotional deals. If they ask you why you want to cancel just tell them it costs too much. I plan on calling them again in 5 months to get same deal. You're crazy if you don't! Price comes out to 5 bucks a month = 60 bucks a year!

Have 'Select' called and got the 5 month $25 or 12 month and $99 offer without much more than the threat to cancel. Wanting to upgrade to internet access and got an offer of 6 months for $49. When out of town I have had to (on occasion) go out to the car to hear the end of a game... so will try the internet access to see how that works. Thanks for the advice.

Called and they tried to sell me one car for 170.00 for 1st car and 00 amor 2nd car. I found a 99.00 coupon while I was on the ph one for over an hour. I told them I found a coupon and the deal changed to 99.00 for 1st car and 170 for 2nd car. Hung up no sale and called back for 99.00 for 1st car and 99 for 2nd car. This was for 15.99 a month plan. They also charged 25.00 each car for royalty fee. Come on quit screwing people

Received renewal bill for $347.00. Previous contract was $184.50 total which included All Access 119.88 Traffic 23.94 Travel Link 11.94 Royalty 16.66 Taxes 12.08. After a few 'not worth it's and threats to cancel, they agreed to match previous contract. But.. they tried to impose a fee of 40.99 as previous balance for the 13 days over expiration date. I requested waiver or reduction to prorated amount, which would have been about 7.00. They waived the entire fee. The new rate came back as 158.87 total out the door. All offers are computer generated, get them offline and you never know what math results. I tried to get a multi-year deal at this rate, but they were firm with no way. One time credit card transaction ALWAYS. It is a frustrating waste of 10 minutes each year.

I tried chat customer service, useless. Next day called cancel department, got $150 a year for music only down to $101. Worth calling and asking for reduction or else cancel.

Called 888-601-6302 two days before my current plan expired. Agent offered 1 year for $218.55. I asked for $99 for a year. She said that promotion is no longer available. I said unfortunately I would have to cancel. Agent took another look and found me a $99 promotion. Total (minus two day prorate) $112.14.

Yep, offered to cancel and got promo rate. Saved me over $100 for a year. Had to accept autorenewal and credit card on file. Just need to remember to dump every year and sign back up. I think doing this in December helps with all the promos that are available.

called and they asked if i knew what the renewal price was and how my service was and if i would like to change it. Than fake reviewed my account. they said oh well you are a valued customer, blah blah. this was actually the longest spill in 4 years of fake canceling and than renewing it i have worked with.

But either way it got dropped down so all renewed for another year at 112

I called (888) 601-6302 today and explained that I paid $187.00 in December 2015 for one year of xm access and that they were raising my renewal rate to $218.00. I simply asked for a better rate and that I wanted the All Access package too. They gave me 12 month 'All Access Package' for $135.00 including all fees (over 50% savings). They charged my credit card - process took 5 minutes. Call this number - it works and the people are very helpful.

ok so I just got off the phone with these people, they wanted $420.00 for my two cars.I told them I could not and would not pay that amount of money to renew ( very nicely). Right off the bat she offered me the $99 dollar per car deal. After reading the posts on this site I was armed with the right info, thanks to all that posted.

I tried to chat with serius xm on their online chat...could not offer me absolutely anything!! notta.... nothing.. I called the number after and told the rep please dont piss around with your full price 'deals'.. She offered the 99 dollar a year package straight up. sucks that you gotta do this every year!

Just got a 119.88 renewal rate (136.16 total tax/fees/partial credit remaining) for 12 months Sirius all access plan instead of the 282 renewal rate. Called the cancel line and rep was very helpful.

Back