How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Was on XM Select plus internet radio and the annual subscription bill totalled $355.10! I called and was offered the All Access plan for 136.54 yr all fees included

Our renewal notice came - $218.55 per car plus $23.88 for Travel Link for one car. Called, was given 30% off one car and nothing off the other so said I'd cancel. Transferred to the Cancelation Department, was on hold forever, but got a great rep, Brittany, who gave me $99 per year and said it included Travel Link too. I didn't want the 5 or 6 month rate - too annoying to go through this more than once a year. It took about an hour, though part of that was talking the Brittany's supervisor to tell her how super Brittany was. (She was, even made me laugh.)

Got a bill for 232 for one car. Tried chat support. they wouldn't budge. I called customer support, and they transferred me around. I asked for 99 dollars for Select, for one year, and they didn't argue at all. Now I see from reading these comments, I should have read the comments first. Guess I will know for next time. Still , I got a 50% discount from what I was going to pay, so I guess this website is awesome. Thanks.

I got a bill for five more years at $892.42. Cancelled the service but the rep would not budge for the $99.00 Full Access for a year.

Called in and told them I wanted to cancel both vehicles currently on a 6-month promo for $25 set to expire Dec 15. They offered me 5-months for $25 as they no longer had a 6-month promotion. I told them I wasn't interested in that. Rep put me on hold to check to see if he could get the 6-month promo. 1 minute later came back and said it was approved. So 2 vehicles locked in for 6 more months at $25 each plus fees and taxes ($28.78).

Just got it again for the 3rd time in a row 25 for 5 months ends up being 30 with taxes and fees. Just say no and be firm and polite that you want 25 for 5 months or you will cancel.

Called today as my account renewed today at the regular rate of $242.40 for the year. I told them I wanted to cancel due to cost. 1st offer was for $99 for the year. Told them that was still too much and cancel. He then offered $48 for 6 months. I said still too much and to please cancel. Then I got the same $25 deal for 5 months that I had. Bingo. Please bill, and please waive the admin fee of $2. He said that it is not charged now, but will be charged next renewal in 5 months. Thank you Spoofee! :)

$119.80 for all access for 12 months. Be sure to ask them not to leave your card on file.

I received a renewal notice for 218.55 total for a year. Icalled and told them I am a subscriber for over 7yrs and this price is ridiculous and if this is the best that they can do for a loyal listener, I will let the radio die before I pay that amount. I was transferred to a 'Special Price Assistant' who immediately offered me a renewal of 112.76 total for another year. wanted to do it today when my sub doesn't run out till 1/28, I told him its not a deal if i am loosing a month. He said he will need to remove my previous payment info and send me a paper bill for an add 1.00 mailing fee and give me 30days to pay it that way my time frame will be the same within a few days and my total bill would be 98.43. -- Just be insistent and you can get a much better price..

Just called to renew and got 1 year for $117.75 including all fees, etc. Bill was for $220.25.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Got my bill lowered to half the price. Even the XM lady seemed to imply to call again next year to get a lower price or they would re-bill at $232 per year.

I was just billed this morning for 205.38 for the year, Last year same thing and I got them to reduce it to 99.00 for the year, They offered me the same deal this morning, I told them I just want to cancel service all together, They came back and offered me 69.99 for 12 months, I couldn't refuse this price. Thanks

Renewed a XM Select Plan. First option was $99 for 12 months. Then $47 for 6 months. Declined, then offered $25 for 5 months plus fees and taxes.

After major hassle and wait, I cancelled service. The renewal was $107, I was subscribed to a one time promotion at $30 for 6 months, but they would not renew that. I cancelled, and twenty-four hours later called back and got the $30 plus tax deal for 6 months. No reconnect fees, no issues, and it was a ten minute call. This company will try to get every dollar. Their customer svc. is pathetic, and their tactics are transparent. For $60 a year it it makes my wife's commute easier.

Just renewed full access plan 12 mo for $119.88. Told them to cancel my plan if they could not. 10 minutes later, approved at that price!!

One thing I do not see ppl post here is what plan they are getting. I am coming up on a renewal and last time I paid $64.18 per car (I have 2) for all access. That is I get every channel - all sports games - Internet access for replay - app radio for cell phone. I will be calling in the next couple days and update.

Call this number (888) 601-6302.

I believe Sirus has multiple customer service offices and I learned about the number id mentioned above from a comment on this board. Much nicer people who are willing to work with you at this office.

I had a one year all access promotion for $119 plus taxes and fees which was coming to a end. I called the 800 number they always advertise and on the renewal letter they sent me in the mail, they wanted me to renew for $273. I asked if they can continue that promorional price of $119. I was told sorry there are no promotions and I suggest you lower the package if I wanted to lower my bill. After a little going back and fourth I said well I'll just call back the day before it ends to cancel and he was just fine with it. So I seen another number to try on this board, I called spoke to a nice woman and she renewed me right away for the same price I been paying the $119, as well said I qualify for a promotion of 2 free months. So I'm getting 14mo for the price of 12mo at the promotional rate. I'm very happy with that.

Back