How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Two radios- Select - 6 months for $25 fees and taxes - $29.99 each - I'll call and cancel in 6 months. Been doing this routine for 8 years. Call and cancel because it's too expensive. They offer progressively better deals(this one was the 4th). If they don't offer the deal - cancel. Don't worry you will get a great offer- either by phone, email or mail within a month.

Called the above number. There is no need to say your going to cancel, etc. Just be polite and gracious and ask if you can renew again for 1 yr at $99. This is a fair rate. I've never spent more than 5 minutes on the line and have never been denied. I got the select plan.

Thank you. Got 5/$25 Select. Felt uncomfortable about the different phone number, so I had them confirm my radio ID. Happy camper!

I just called and was able to get my existing promo of $25 for 6 months extended on my car Sirius radio. They offered me all the plans that everyone quoted in the Comments below but I just simply said that I would like to keep my current promo. After a short hold, supposedly, a Supervisor approved the deal.

A little extra work, but for my XM Select package I was able to get the $99 year renewal. At first they tried not to offer a discount and instead give me a lower program for the price, I declined and said I had a premium Spotify acct that I could use for my music and downloads. I said I currently had a $99 a year for XM select plan and really just wanted to get the same again. After a 'talk to the manager' he gave me the plan. $119 and change after taxes and fees.

Just renewed Select plan for one car with no hassle for $99/year plus the incidentals which is the same price I paid for the past year. Five minute phone call.

My initial mistake was calling the number on the renewal notice, 885-821-9031, and talking to a rep who offered about $95 for six months. I asked for the same annual rate I'm paying and, after putting me on hold, she kept coming back with the same offer of $95 for six months. After three trips around the circle I finally hung up.

Call only 888-601-6302.

Not that it matters but just to keep the tension down, I generally just call to say I'd like to stay on the current rate I'm on. They will say ok, check things and then offer a different rate, and then I'll say I'll have to cancel if they can't keep me on the rate. They then say ok.

$99/yr select. Very easy, very friendly. Just said I was looking for a better deal and that if they couldn't do anything that I would cancel. While $25/5mo is indeed cheaper over a year, they are providing good value in their programming and at least to me it's worth not having to call every 5 months, and also ensuring that the artists are getting paid and the programming and channels remain on the air.

Just called, told them I was calling to cancel. The representative asked why I was cancelling, explained the price had doubled and I could not afford the amount. He offered me the same amount as I am paying this year for the Select Package (99 fees). Also told him that the credit card I used last year was a bank card that had been compromised and asked if I could pay with a check. He removed my credit card from their system and advised he will mail me a bill. Don't have to worry about them auto drafting my card next term and got the amount I wanted w/ no hassle. Called the 888-601-6302 number.

I just got off the phone with 'Joseph' who offered me the $99/year for Select. I mentioned the 5 month/$25 deal, and he told me that offer was only available to radios that needed to be reactivated. I said I would have to think about it and I would call back later.

He then tried to get me on a 6 month plan that was not much better than the $99 plan, and I said again that I would call back. At this point he agreed to the 5/$25 offer. Now I'm set until April '17.

Thanks for hosting this site!

35 dollar 6 month plan expires 11/18 called the 888-601-6302. They offered 99 dollars for select. Said nope and to cancel. Got another 6 months for 33 dollars, Talk to you in May Sirius!

It works been doing it for the last 3 years. They will give you a hard time but they don't want to loose a customer. So be nice and stand your ground.

I had a $99/year internet streaming only. Got renewal billed for $230!! Canceled, no offer was made. I expect a call in a week or so.

I called 1-866-635-2349 to try and get a better deal as our new car came with this and they sent us a letter offering one year for $214.36 for Select (not All Access or Mostly Music). I talked to Nicholas. He offered me a deal MORE than the letter I got and would only match my letter.

I hung up and called the # above (1-888-601-6302) and talked to a girl who I couldn't understand, not even her name. I cut to the chase and immediately said, 'Can you give me 1 year for $99 for Select, not All Access or Mostly Music'? She said yes. Do note that with their taxes and fees, the total comes out to $120.66 per year and she had me VERBALLY AGREE (AND THEY RECORD IT) TO AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE MY CARD IN ONE YEAR FOR THE FULL FEE OF $233.86 so make a note to call before that happens and renegotiate.

Back