How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called the number below and was able to renew for 5 months for $28. Very nice gentleman.

Canadian customer here. I called to cancel, as I genuinely couldn't afford the $60 CAD I was getting billed every 3 months. The CSR asked if I liked the service and the content, which I replied yes, and described how I really did enjoy the service, and I mentioned some of my favourite channels. The CSR offered 6 months SiriusXM service with internet radio for $30 CAD tax . 6 months for $30 CAD I can afford. :)

Just spoke to them. First offer was for 1/2 price Select package at annual fee of $120. However, I use the phone app so told them that offer not useful to me. Next offer was $50 for 6 months of All Access. Agreed to that. Thanks for this info. Super useful.

Make sure you check the packages and what is included. The site shows the select subscription package includes Howard Stern, when I went to sign up for the 6 months / $30 offer the 'select' package was completely different and did not include HS.

Just got done talking with 'Joseph' who initially quoted me the 1 year deal of $99 plus fees and taxes. I said that was still too high, so he quoted me 6 months at $48 plus fees and taxes. I pointed out that didn't save me any money, just had me pay less right now. He agreed and promoted the 1 year deal again. I said it wasn't feasible and asked what the deal was for 5 months. He asked me to hold while he checked to see if there was one. He simply muted me for under a minute, then came back and said he found a 5 month deal for $25 plus fees and taxes. Works for me! Don't give up and don't give in to one year at $99 unless calling and spending 4 minutes on the phone every 5 months isn't worth saving $39 plus taxes and fees a year.

Why would someone want to pay $99 for a year when you can get the 5 months for $25 which is way less, almost half the price

I called the 888 number and spoke with a very nice rep. I told him I could not afford the normal price and would like the $99 deal. He applied the $99/year to my vehicle. I also asked to be billed so that it cannot automatically renew next year at their high prices. All I had to do was ask. Thanks and good luck.

LOL... I pointed out that the Special was for the select teir and that the Mostly Music teir actually would be all I needed. Then I pointed asked why should I pay for this when I could just Listen to pandora or Spotify through Blue Tooth?
They were quick to get me off the line.
:-)

Just made the call. Took about five minutes. 12 months for $89, plus tax and fees to bring it to a total of $106.87. I didn't want to hassle with this in five months.

Just called and got the 5 months for $25 or $29 with taxes. Just told her I couldn't afford it and what about the $25 deal and she was like sure!

Unbelievable I think the airlines and siriusxm radio have the same management. First phone call was no help. Second phone call I just told them to cancel our service. We have been customers for several years with 2 cars. Second phone was very kind rep and helpful. Got the renewal for 1/2 price.

This worked for me today. I said that I wanted to cancel because I could not afford the plan and the rep gave me the 3 offers ($99/12, $48/6 and $25/5) all at once without me even asking. I took the $25 for 5 months, obviously, and was done in a few mins. This time is was easy, Last time I did this I had to fight to get a good discount and was on the phone for a really long time.

It's not even that I can or cannot afford it.

It's that they're asking to much. I find that they've over valued their service. 5 months for $25 is the absolute most I'd pay for this service.

Everyone should post what plan they got. Either select or all access. It makes a difference in the price or whether you got a good deal or not.

What package are most of you getting for $25/5 months? I want the all access. Currently have the select.

All you have to mention is that you want to cancel. Then you can get the 5 for $25 or 12 for $99.

Back