How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

WOW, it's sad that you have to threaten to cancel before you can get a good deal. My renewal started at $111.00 for 6 months then they came back with $46, I declined it so final price was $ 28.46 for 6 months.

Got six months of Select for $24.99, music royalty fee $3.47 and invoice fee $2.00 for a total of $30.28. Also got 6 months of traffic and travel link for $14.52. Grand total $44.80. Works for me. Marked my calander.

exactly the same experience. i don't think it is unfair that you have to go through this. I run a sales team and I want them to get the most money they can every time, it should take some effort to get a lower rate.

Minutes ago...Just got six months for $25.00 plus tax. The sales associate told me he couldn't honor five months for $25.00. I told him I wanted six months for $25.00 anyway and that they'd be losing a customer. He put me on hold and seconds later came back and offered the six months for $25.00. I'm good til next April when I get to do this all over again! Be nice and polite, listen to their BS and get a great deal. Just remember to re-up before the auto-renewal in six months or you get charged full price again. It's a game.

Wow. Spoke to someone on chat about renewing, said I couldn't pay $112 for 6 months. He said that was the price and there are no promotions. I said that I am on Spoofee and 4536 people disagree, he then said that different radios are offered different promotions...he wouldn't budge. Called in, spoke to 3 different reps, $89 for 1 year. No threatening to leave, no hassle, rep was super nice. Looks like the person you speak to wields all the power. If you aren't getting what you want with one rep, call back until you do.

I tried Chat just to see if I could avoid all that voice-to-voice BS. No dice. Was told there are no promotions available whatsoever. Based on this site know that isn't true. So guess I'll have to play the game in person.

Had Sirius Select for $34.10 for 6 months-debit card expired, so it couldn't auto pay. Called and said I couldn't afford current monthly rate of $18.00 . Decided to cancel when he couldn't offer me anything better than downgrading to save $5.00/month. They transferred me to the cancellation dept. and he immediately offered me 6 months Select at the same deal of $34.10 total. I can handle that.

Nuts, I could not get the 6 months for $25 plus fees for $34.10. I called 2 days before expiration and no matter my pressing and threat to quit/cancel, could only get 5 months and not 6. I could have hung up and tried again, just did not feel like it. In the end I renewed for 5 months at the $25 fees and any credits since I called a few days before expiration.

Less than five minutes total. Said I wanted to cancel with the 233/year renewal. She immediately offered $99/year. Done deal.Total with fees is 120.32 for a full year.

I bought a new vehicle in January that came with 3 months free of Sirius. They called me a few weeks later and offered a promotion for All Access for 6 months at $49.99 plus fees (about $7), so I agreed. It was set to end tomorrow and auto renew on a quarterly basis, which would have more than doubled the cost, so I called today asking about options and they put me through to Listener Care. I explained I did not want to pay that amount and the rep (politely) asked me what I planned to do if I couldn't find a plan/rate I liked and I said 'cancel'. He immediately offered the All Access for $120 for one year plus fees or $49.99 for 6 months again, so I signed up for the 6 month plan since it's a little less per month and I can always call again next spring. Took me about 10 minutes. It seems that some of the reps just need to hear you say the magic cancel word to justify to their supervisors giving the best rates. I like the All Access because I can listen on the computer at work and on my cell phone and other devices, so I kept that level instead of trying for Select at the low rates some folks have gotten on here.

Called the 855 number on my statement to try for the same rate I had this past year $134.11 All Access. They would not budge. Found this page and 888 number and XM renewed at $136.54 All Access. Thank you!!!

$25/6 months XM Select and $50/6 months All Access. Turned down the $99/year and $50/6 months for Select and turned down the $120/year for All Access. Just be polite and ask them if they can do better until you get these deals.

Called to cancel and was offered 12 months for $99. Refused and was offered 6 months for $48. Refused and was offered 5 months for $25. Sold.

Just called to cancel/renew, worked my way down from $99/year, $49/6 month, $25/5 months... Said OK, but then asked if my old special ($25/6 months) was still available, and got it. (I didn't ask to transfer away from 1-888-601-6302. The gentleman I spoke with was helpful.)

I just called and spoke to a very nice lady. I just told her I have been with XM for years and always got the 99 dollar rate. She immediately applied the special promotion and we were done. Total with fees for around 116.00. I forgot the exact amount.

Wife could not get them to budge from 3 month at $42.50 for select. Currently have all access for 6 month at $35.21. Called the 888 numbers and got 5month all access $25

I had the 6 months for 50 dollar deal expiring at the end of November 2016.

I called to cancel subscription. (too much DJ chatter between songs and signal drops - a lot -NYC area). I had to repeat 6 times over 14 minutes that I did not want to renew my subscription. The CSR continued to change the subject. I finally told her to hold on - I want to begin to record our conversation to put on YOUTUBE.. I then repeated my request to cancel. Within seconds she provided me with a cancelation number information. End of call !

Got bill for $233.85 for 12 months of service. Called and said I hadn't authorized this charge and wanted to cancel. CSR 'checked promotions' and came back with $99 plus taxes and fees (same as expiring). She advised me to call back next year a few days before expiration to check for new promotions. Otherwise, the $234 would be charged every year I failed to call prior to expiration. Very satisfied.

Back