How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I saw a charge to my credit card of $231. Called and was told this was for 1 year renewal. I stated I wanted to cancel and was offered the $99 rate for a year. Said they are refunding the difference to my card.

I just called in and got $25 plus tax for 6 months. There was not much resistance. First offer was $99/year but I declined and told them that is double what I was paying and then they came back with $25 for 6 months.

ThankU so much! 1st 6mos $34; renewal was $111 (over 3× more). I'm on a fixed income so had to cancel. Thx to U I was able to negotiate bk to $34.
But that's not all access. Can't access Sirius on my phone or computer, only car; isnt that some chit? That's a different pkge.($$$)
Baloney on them cuz I hv other music apps on my phone & I can play CD's on computer, but still feel it's rip-off.
We have to haggle for everythg these days. CABLE TV, Airlines, cellular, etc.
Thks again.

Went from $218.55 (with taxes and fees) to $114.54. For one year renewal. Took about 10 minutes. Told first associate I wanted to cancel as she could not give me a better rate. After giving me spiel on why I should renew.
After transfer they offered me $99 taxes rate.

6 months for $25. With taxes and fees, it is 6 months for $31.20. This is for XM Select Family and Friend Plan.

Just got off the phone with Sirius XM. I paid $112.76 including fees last year, and now they were going to renew me for a total of $218.55. I told them I wanted to cancel, so they offered me the same deal as last year ($112.76). I told them that was still too much for me, and I asked for $99 total. After speaking to the manager, they were able to waive the fees and offer me the flat rate of $99 for the Sirius Select package. Whole conversation took only 14 minutes, including giving them my credit card number and updating my address.

Prevent an automatic renewal by using a virtual card number from your credit card company (ex Citi). They can't auto-renew you. Just got my renewal (again) for 5 months for $34.

Just got 5 months for $20. I told them that's what was offered and the processed it with no problems. I only wish they had the old lifetime subscription still available.

I just called and was told I had no promotions available. Was going to go from 29.00 to 109.00. I went to the cancellation dept and asked for my cancellation #. Got 6 months for 30.00.

I got 5 months of Sirius Select (my usual plan) for $27.90 (that includes taxes). I've been using this number for almost 3 years and I always share this number with friends who want a discount.

I just tried this and they upgraded me from XM Mostly Music 80 Channels ($150) renewal to XM Select 140 Channels for $112.35 -- even though I only listen to one channel I appreciate the $37.68 savings.

Just called and got 12 months on a paper invoice (30 days to pay ) - and $2 invoice fee waived and they don't have my card on record for the $99 - or $117.27 with fees and taxes.

Didn''t have to be on hold - used call back option when i rang in and they rang me back. They tried the $230 plus a year at first - i simply said that's too expensive and i will cancel unless I can get a better deal than that. They agent just went straight to $99 deal with no delays. Prob. Spent 2 mi utes on the phone to save over 50%. I was happy with a 12 month deal rather than playing the 5 month special offer deals game.

My renewal subscription was $114. I called and requested the 6 months for $24.99. The rep offered me $99 for one year. I told her that is the same. The $114 includes fees and taxes on a $99 subscription. She then offered $48 for 6 months. I told her that is basically the same as $99 per year. She said yes, okay, I can give you 5 months for $24.99 plus taxes and fees for a total of $27. I took the offer. The entire process took 10 minutes. I saved $87, well worth 10 minutes of my time.

Called to cancel, tried to bait me with $99 / year (select) or $30 for 5 months, told them nope again, got $25 / 6 after a brief hold.
I will have to try for that All Access for 120 tax in / year I keep reading about, when I call back in April.

I just got another six months for $34.10, including fees. My promotional six month subscription was about to expire and I had used a virtual credit card that was set to expire earlier, so they couldn't automatically bill it. They didn't want to give me much discount at first, but then I told them just to cancel it because I had friends who were getting same thing for about $30 for six months. That's when the rep agreed and gave me the deal again. And I used another virtual credit card that is set to expire in about five months.

Called today as my Select plan renewal was about to jump from 29 to 109 for 6 months. I was told there were no 'specials' currently being offered. I asked to cancel and after two minutes on hold, was 'allowed' to renew at my current rate. They tried to add the $2 mailing fee but waived it after I said I would pay no more than before. I don't mind doing this every 6 months. :)

i called was transferred after saying I was cancelling my contract, they made a couple of offers. finally agreed at $25.00 for 5 months about 12 minutes on the phone.

Back