How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Thanks. I have Sirius for two cars, both of which were lapsing this month. One was a trial and the other subscription I've had for 3 years. I had an offer in hand for $29.94 for six months on one car but the other subscription was renewing next week at $218.55. The first rep told me there was nothing he could do so I asked him to cancel my subscription. He sent me to that department. When the 2nd rep answered I said I wanted to cancel because 'it was too expensive'. She said, 'let me see what I can do', and put me on hold. When she came back, I got the $99.99 offer for one year. There was some pro-rate because I hadn't used every day of the current year so the total was $119.13. Then I signed up my other car for six months and that total was $36.94. It's a bit annoying that you have to stay on top of it but at least it's easy.

I always put the renewal date a week ahead in my calendar. 11 days ahead I just called to cancel. Told them the $99 was too high and I'd like to cancel. They offered 2 lower amounts I said no each time. Told them I have pandora so no thank you :) Than they offered the $25 for 6 mos. credited back my 11 days to $22 and plus tax was $25 and change 👍🏽 done!

Just got 6 months for $30.38 taxes and fees included on X M Select. Just asked for 6 months for $25.00 and rep said yes. Told rep I had another car and could I get same rate, and he said yes. Took maybe 10 minutes. I have had Siriusxm for over 10 years and never paid over $25.00 for 6 mos.

Booyah! I was offered 12 months for $99 and 6 months for $48. After declining both offers, they offered 5 months for $5 per month. No coupon code needed. Simply state you wish to cancel your subscription. With fees, total is $36.49 for 5 months of service.

You rock! 6 months $29.78. We have apple radio so I was willing to cancel.
Thanks

All it takes is a phone call. They don't want to lose you as a customer.
$99/12 months

Yippie! Just got 6 month select for $34.41 including fees and taxes. I did not want to give my credit card so they are billing me by mail which is an additional $2 charge to pay by check. Had to call back to get satellite to activate as the car must be running and on channel 1. I called 888-601-6302.

Just renewed for one year after going back and forth threatening to cancel my 12 year old relationship. Got them down to $73.50 for 12 months. Don't give up and be willing to cancel if you don't get what you want, i was since i very rarely even listen to it. Let the suckers pay the full price i know a lot who do.

Just added a radio to my plan at 6 months for $25 ($30.45 w/ taxes & fees). Get a paper bill so it won't auto-renew (They waived the $2 fee for the the paper bill). Ask them to automatically close the accountant at expiration. Evidently you get a better deal if it's not active.

They also renewed my prepaid 1year plan to expire with the new one at the same discounted price and issued a credit for the difference.

I have been a customer for 10 years and used that along with a willingness to cancel but it wasn't really a hard sell. There were no real objections to getting this done.

What level of service do you folks get when you say 5/6 months for 25? Is that the XM Select or XM All Access? Do you get any NFL games on XM Select package?

Just renewed for 5 months for $25.00 with taxes and fees $39.93, was best offer I could get today.

This worked perfectly. I just renewed my service for both my husband and myself at the $99 rate.

So If you just bought a vehicle and you get six months free, when and what do you do after that?

Ugh...over an hour with rep. I would prefer upfront reasonable charges instead of the used car method. This will be my last year as I can stream from my phone through a multitude of apps. Got first car for the $99 promo and second for $75. My time is worth something, so not willing to call back every 5 months to haggle.

Ugh...over an hour with rep. I would prefer upfront reasonable charges instead of the used car method. This will be my last year as I can stream from my phone through a multitude of apps. Got first car for the $99 promo and second for $75. My time is worth something, so not willing to call back every 5 months to haggle.

I don't subscribe to satellite, internet or netflix for a single device and I will never do that for radio either. If XM ever makes their base package for 2 Devices 1 Internet streaming for $10 a month I might consider it . But I can't justify purchasing for 1 car when I have 3, and then pay extra if I want to listen in my home. Its a Joke.

Back