How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just received all access for $124.98, before tax, when I was originally billed for base price of $239.88! This is after insisting on speaking with supervisor. Note, I referred to this website and deals referred to here. I am sharing this so you can get a yearly savings of over $100! Good luck

Just got the $99 deal. All I did was say I needed to renew but it was too expensive, and he offered it up right away.

I called and accepted the 6 month plan all access for 38.69 with taxes. Took me all of seven minutes. Thanks for the info supplied here!

I have been paying $25 for five months for years, and have been a subscriber since 2007. A month ago, one of my coworkers got 5 months for $20 including fees and taxes. I told him to call threatening to cancel, but he is a wimp and doesn't negotiate. He simply takes the offer, so I made the call for him and got that deal. Today I called for myself and could not get that very same deal so I cancelled my account. I do not want to pay more than somebody else for the very same product, especially something as trivial as radio in my car.

Just told them I wanted to cancel my subscription and got the $50.00 plus fees and taxes for All Access :)
Yes..just like everyone else said: only 10 minutes on the phone.
Very happy.

I called to cancel my subscription this AM and was able to get 6 months for $28.46 including taxes, etc.. That's $5.60/month. Without the taxes and service charges, it is $25.00 for 6 months. You have to stay on the phone for a while to get deals, but they don't want to lose you as a customer. You have to keep insisting on a better deal that you saw online even after they tell you that deal no longer exists. Ask to talk to a supervisor if they won't give you a deal. They will put you on hold and come back after a few minutes to offer you the deal you want. Just hang in there.

Well hell, I must've got a hold of the biggest tightwad in the company because trying to get a renewal rate similar to what I had before ($25.00/6 months, plus travel link) has been like pulling teeth from a vicious lion! I told him that I'm NOT paying those crazy rates he quoted me, I'll cancel the service first before paying those crazy rates after 3 years of being a loyal customer. Of course he says he's going to check for the 'best' rate available and comes back with $10.00 less per year, which went over like a lead balloon with me! I asked to talk to a supervisor, which then was about another 4 minutes on hold, on top of the 25 minutes that I was already on the phone. Thankfully someone with some customer service skills came on the line and offered me the 5 months at $25.00, so I took it and ran with it, especially after the first guy wanted to charge me full price! Oh my goodness gravy, whew... that was a very testing call for my patience, but all in all, I'll gladly take the deal that I got!

Called and told them to skip the pitches and answer this question, can I get 6 months for 25$. Got the all access less online streaming for 30.45$ tax title and tag. She asked if I would do 12 months for 90$. I told her I would call back in 6 months and renegotiate for the same deal! Really simple, less than 10 minutes.

I was a 4 year subscriber until I lost my job, paying nearly 200 a year. When i called to cancel they kept offering me deal after deal, down to $30 for a year. I really wanted to cancel, so I did. Now I have a job and am kicking myself.

I just got my 6 month renewal reduced from $99.78 to $28.46 like I did last Feb. Spoke to 'Princess' in the Philippines. Her English was excellent so I don't know if she was really there. Anyway , she was very polite & friendly. I'm happy.

Just got off the phone. They said my radio does not qualify for the 6 for $25 and refused to give the rate. I cancelled service. I have been with them for nearly 3 years.

Worked for me too. $25.00 for 5 mos. Call to cancel, hold out until counter offer is what you want -- they will place you on hold a couple minutes and then come back with a cheaper price. Good deal.

could not get the $20/6months but got $99.00 tax at 135.92 for all access. Took me telling them twice I would cancel. I told them I would pay my 14 days that I used it but I wanted to then cancel it. She then mysterious gave me what I asked for. 52% savings.

Best I could do was 5 months $25 plus tax for Select Plus plan. I'm ok with it as it's better than the original price. Thanks for all the tips guys.

Thanks again for your help - just renewed at the $99.00/year rate - used the 1-866 - 635-5027 phone number - chose 'cancel' automated option and was transferred to an agent (surprise :) ) - told agent I received my renewal and I wasn't interested in paying the new rate posted to my credit card - I wanted to cancel if the previous year rate of $99/year wasn't available - She couldn't have been more pleasant to help me renew at the old rate.

6 months 30 dollars plus fees and minus credit for next day of service. Been doing this for years as well. Also get deals in mail for car I no longer have which identifies the deals that are out there. For the people who wonder why this dance every year, at the beginning I just let my one radio renew automatically on my credit card. Easy to sign up and forget. I will bet more than 50 percent of subscribers are paying the next two tiers of subscription, full price and middle discount (longer terms). Do the math. The revenue of those who buy and forget makes having CSRs for the dance cost effective. Also their key metric for share holders is number of activated radios and or number of subscribers. My call took 10 minutes and this was with technical issues on the CSRs end. Wait down the list of offer or tell them what you have seen. Make sure you say you will cancel. They need to hear that.

I just called this number after being online with the chat rep, who was of NO use to me at all, so I called them, and he also had nothing good to offer. I called this number and talked to Paul, and I just got teh $99 rate for the year. Yay!! Thanks for having this posted!!

Just hung up and renewed at 5 months for $25 by calling 866-635-2349. The rep was very accommodating. This was quick, easy and painless.

Back