How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

My year contract was set to expire and I was to be charged $ 273 something a year. I used this number and just told them I live on a budget and without any hassle I received the same deal I had which was the All-Access for about $ 120 some fees which I find is an OK deal for what I receive.

I got 6 months service (a renewal) for $25.00. (Actually $28.40 with fees and taxes) I renewed the day Before it expired. The girl offered $99/year several times, but I stuck to my guns and got the $25.00 rate,.

I was polite to her, and she was polite to me.
The date I renewed was 8/26/2016

My subscription renewal was tomorrow and I called to cancel. Would have paid $25.99 month for 2 vehicles plus fees. Just got $89.00 per vehicle per year ($102.17 with fees). This reduced my monthly rate for 2 vehicles to $14.83 ($17.02 with fees). I also was able to remove my credit card on file and go to a paper invoice so I don't get auto renewal on my CC without me knowing. Thanks Spoofee!!!

Is 6 for 25 Music only, Select, or All Access? Is 14.2 % Royalty fee included or extra?

It's important to know exactly what that deal includes .

Received a cancellation call today in regards to a bill for a 1 year renewal plan on one radio, starting 8/1/2016. They wanted 191.88 for service 26.67 for service fees 2.00 invoice fee 11.03 state tax = 231.58 . I was willing to pay 90-96 for the year. While I was haggling with two reps on the 'absolute best deal', I found this site so I knew they could do better. In the end I paid 29.88 including tax for 5 months. If they can do that deal again in January it will come out to $71.72 for the year, or $5.98 per month.

Also, what an awesome deal for the poster below me. They came out at $4.26 per month/per radio.

Thanks spoofee.

Sincerely,
Real Sirius XM Customer in Virginia

Thanks for the info! Called the 866-635-2349 cancellation number, told them I wanted to cancel due to the renewal price but would be still be interested if it was cheaper. He offered the $99/yr for Select which was good enough for me. Took less than 5 minutes. They clearly are used to these type of calls so it's an easy, pleasant conversation. No brainer!

I'm in BC, Canada. They wanted me to renew at $230 for another year, I asked the CSR if they could improve on this at all. 'Absolutely, let me see what I can do'. The CSR offered $149 , and I asked if they could get it nearer $100. I was put on hold, and the CSR then offered $102.09 including all taxes for another 12 months, so I took it.

Wasn't a very difficult conversation at all!

I just called. Told the girl up front that I wanted 6 months for $25. She told me that wasn't available. Offered me 1 year for $99. I told her I would do 1 year for $50. She said she could do 5 months for $25. I took that. Calling back after football season is over isn't that big of a deal for me & $5 is what I consider the max I would pay for the service.

I've done the cancellation call and gotten the 5 month deal 3 times now for $25. It's a pain to have to keep calling every 5 months. Has anyone done better or gotten a 12 month deal for 60 fees/taxes? So many have said $99 for a year is great but it's not. It's like the cable and Sat companies just play a game of we'll catch you eventually.

I have 3 cars... for several years now I call the day before renewal and just tell them I want all 3 for the 5 mo promo deal of $25 each. They are always nice are read their script of other offers (all more per mo if you do the math) and I polity decline those. Takes a little time because they have to process each radio separately but its worth it. My net is less than $6 per radio per mo. Again I've been doing this for years. I make my self a reminder in my phone to call the day before the next renewal

I called today to cancel my subsription that is renewing in 2 days. This is the second time they offered me 5 months $29 (tax and fees included). I ended up taking it. Sirius XM radio isn't that great, if my commute was a little longer I would put on some news stations instead. It just serves as background music most of the time.

$50 for 6 month all access just today (8/30/16). I told the CSR that I didn't want to haggle or hassle or threaten to cancel, just give me the best promo you are authorized to give me. Think I did OK, just have to call again in February - no problem.

I called 866-635-2349 . Told them I was cancelling, actually had expired 8/23 but still was on. Told Michael I wanted 6 mos for 24.99 or I needed to cancel. He worked with me and got it for that amount. Also waived the $6 I owed for 7 days of use since expiration date. Asked for new bill and he said to pay 30.87 when received in mail and I was good until 3/1/17.

I just renewed my six (6) month select for $24.99 + tax & fees=$31.89 total. That is the exact rate I had before. Just too bad you have to go thru the canx/renew hoops twice a year. However, it does save a lot of money so it is worth it. It was a very nice conservation with the rep.

$50 for 6 month All Access (8/31). They started at $19.99/month...I said no. They moved to $120 for the year....I said no. Finally offered $50 for 6 months. Total came out to be $56.94 (after taxes and free)

I have one car that just expired after first year of all access at $119/yr. called to get that down to $99, also about to get second car and wanted to use that as incentive to give me that price x 2

Well, can't formally commit to second acct until I have a radio ID, so just ended up working that one existing. Was on phone for 32 minutes, but finally got her to come down off her first offer (select for 99 or AA for 119 again). Instead of AA for 99 she did AA 6 months for 50. Second radio will get same.

All we gotta do is not flake on auto renewal. She was nice but didn't cave in quickly. Long-ass call but got what I wanted

I called 866-635-5027 and selected cancel/change. Told her I was calling to cancel because rate increased but would consider staying if there was a similar deal to my previous plan (6 mos for 29.99 tax). Offered 12 mos for 99 then 6 mos for 47. Finally put me on hold to check if they could do previous plan since I was a loyal customer. Came back in a min and got same rate 6 mos for $33 and change including taxes. She apologized for taking up too much of my time. Very pleasant and in less than 10 mins got deal I wanted. Be nice and honest and they'll work with you.

I called yesterday and told them I would cancel unless they renew again for the same 6 month $24.99 plus tax. Told them I was not interested in the one year $99. I got the $24.99 with no problem. It is just too bad you have to go thru all this every six months but it does save a lot of money. Total time was about 10 minutes.

$30 for 6mo Select. All NFL games and Howard. Very happy I called this number. Was also offered 1 yr for $89 tax but figured I would call in 6 months and get 30 again for a total of $60 for the year. Thank you all.

Back