How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Thanks for the info.

Got 6-month select for $24.99, $28 after taxes. Took a little haggling, but prevailed in the end!

Called yesterday, all access was set to renew for $290 I called and asked to cancel and was instantly offered all access for 1 year for $119 taxes and fees.m On phone for less than 5 minutes

Helpful advice from customers and got the $25/6 mo deal without a hassle. But I agree that this is a ridiculous business model. $5-$6 a month is what the service is worth to me, no more. And to the guy who works there and threatens to disconnect anyone who isn't nice to him. Get a life, asshole. Or get another job. It's your job to be nice to the customers not vice versa.

i got all access for 135.00 year. matched my previous year deal. tried to charge my 270 renewal. said i couldnt afford it.

Today was my second time in a row getting $25 for six months. The guy kept saying 'NO it's not available' so I said I would cancel and also asked to speak with the retention dept. Well he put me on hold and so he could speak with his 'Supervisor' and he came back with $99 for twelve months but I still wanted the $25 for six months. I said to him forget it and he countered with $25 for five months. I then said no thanks I want to cancel and then all of the sudden he was able to offer $25 for six months to which I accepted. You need to be persistent and be willing to cancel your subscription. Even if you do cancel they will call you in a few days and offer you the deal that you want! Don't give up on the phone and keep asking for that $25 for six months every six months!

I just tried this about 20 minutes ago. I told the CSR that I was interested in cancelling my service (true-it's just too much $$ anymore). He offered the $99.00/year taxes. I took the deal, and I am a happy customer.

Note: Just be polite when calling, treat the CSR the way you'd want to be treated if you were on the other end of the call! :)

All Access was set to renew at $273.22. I called 888-601-6302 and said I would cancel at the end of my term if they could not give a better renewal rate. I was immediately offered 12 months All Access at $119.88 plus taxes and fees. This was the same I paid last year. I was on the phone about 5 minutes total.

Called in asking to speak to customer retention. They asked why I wanted to cancel and like everyone else sited too high of a price. They offered the $99 for 12. I countered with 50 to match my previous bill of 25 for 6 months. They offered me another 6 for $25.

worked like a charm. called in, said cancel service. got to a rep. told them I only drive the car on weekends and cant justify keeping service. offered me 5 months for 25. I said I really need it for 6 months at a time to make my billing cycle line up with other yearly billing cycles. she added a month and so I got 6 months for 25.

Does anyone have any experience or tips for getting a deal on activating another car radio? (I have a plan -- full price currently -- for my car, but just got another car and would like to have Sirius in that one too, but from what I can tell you need a plan for each activation? Is that right?

It seems like $99/year and $25/6 months is a pretty big difference. Why settle for $99/year?

called the new subscriber line, but since i was already a subscriber line, they told me they'd need to transfer me to cancellations or retention to see if they could offer a discount to renew
Voice menu prompts you to say billing or cancel. I said cancel
Got a live operator, told her nicely I had a discounted promotional rate and would like to get it again

she said not possible but gave me $99 plus tax for 1 yr. I said too high
she offered half that rate for 6 months. I said too high
she offered 5 months for $25 which came to about $30 and a few pennies. I took it.
Was easy but i agree it's a dumb way to do business. Their model is in danger with streaming services like pandora, so they probably have to claw for every subscriber they can get.

my subscription is basic, no howard stern or NFL, and no app. Fine with me.

Billed $144.37 for 6 months. Called, threatened to cancel, got 5 months for $47.00 including navigation and weather, which she told me costs extra.

My 6-month free subscription is ending and I just received an offer in the mail of $29.94 for 6 months (for the price of two (months)). The 'catch' is that they'll charge the regular $95.94/ 6-month after that UNLESS YOU CALL to cancel.

I tried this for the 6 months for $24.99 with code 308442. Was on hold for about 1-2 minutes while she talked to her supervisor. Yes, no problem! I also asked to run cc then bill/reminder after the deal expired. Again, no problem! This was to start service in a vehicle that we just purchased so it was not even for a renewal and it worked! She started with the spiel of how much the highest priced package was. I asked if they had any specials and she said that no they didn't!! So glad I looked this up! Thank you!!!

Called1-888-601-6302 and renewed for $99 /year plus fees and taxes total of $127.04. Fast and pleasant experience! Original renewal email was for $218.55 plus fees and taxes.

Back