How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

My 3 month trial is about to expire. Called 866-635-2349 and told the CSR that I wanted to hear about current renewal specials/discounts. She basically detailed the Select plan at full price and I told her that I'd seen/received a few discount offers on the mail and online (here). She asked what those offers were and I told her I wanted the $24.99 for 6 mos. Select plan. She OK'd it right way with no delay or hold time. Total for 6 mos w/taxes & fees $28.46. Asked to be paper invoiced rather than give her a card and she indicated there would be a $2 fee OR she could set me up as a ONE TIME CC payment with an invoice/reminder when my 6 mos. is up. I chose the latter. Very satisfied. Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info!!

to the guy that 'works there' why don't they just make the cost more affordable and worth it. Cheese and Rice --- $15-$20 a month...ripoff.

Called, requested the automatic renewal be removed. Was offered the year almost immediately and was finished with everything in 10 minutes. No bogus nonsense offers, just the $99. Boom!

You have to haggle with these guys! Got my $219 renewal bill after having the $99 package last year. They told me it was no longer available. I asked to speak with someone else who told me the same thing. I complained enough until she offered me another package for $143 which includes internet and smart phone use. $219 is too much to pay for radio/news/sports that still has commercials.

To the employee that commented, If you guys would stop playing games with your customers that you call Assholes, and just offer a decent rate the assholes that pay your paycheck wouldn't have to get ugly with you! Just offer decent rates for crying out loud!

thanks for the tips was able to get all access for 1 year for 125.00 was just honest said I can't pay over 130 per year for all access after seeing deals others were getting on-line. On phone less then 10 mins...

Called the 888 number above and asked for the $99. Since we also have Sirius internet (my wife listens to Dr. Laura via her laptop) it was a little more. With taxes/fees $136. My invoice was for $258.

1-888-601-6302
24.99 for 6 months.
Use code 308442
32.44 total after taxes.
Your welcome.

Called 866-635-2349. Said I saw where customer was offered the Select pkg for $24.99 tax (total $28.46). CSR said it was available and read me the contract. Told him I wanted to do a one time cc payment with invoice/reminder. Said ok. Total time - less than 5 min!

called and got an instant rebate form 290 all access to 145/year. Just said I was going to cancel!!

Nice, just got a 6 month upgrade from Select to All-Access for $49.99. Thanks for the advice.

I did a live chat this morning with Sirius and was told there were no deals. So I tried the above phone number and got the $99 plus tax and fees, that's for the music only - I don't want the news and all the other stuff. The man this morning quoted me $130 before taxes and fees, so it was worth calling.

Just got the All Access $119.88 for 1 year renewal deal too. I told the CSR the list price she quoted was too high and heard of others getting it for $119. She spoke with her supervisor and came back in about 3 minutes with the deal. Thanks everyone, I'll be back here in a year to see what's happening.

I renewed for All Access at $119.88. Tip - use a virtual credit card - many banks like BOA offer them to customers. It's tied to your credit card, but is a number that expires in a per-determined time (say 2 months) so that they can't auto-renew you at a higher rate in the future. Google it for help.

Got the $99 for 1 year by stating I renew every year at a reduced rate. They didn't argue and I was off the phone in less than 10 min. I also insisted on an invoice instead of auto renewal so I don't get stuck later.

Just called 866-635-2349. Got Dominic from the Philippines. Got the 6 month special at $25 plus tax. Told him I wanted to do a one time cc payment with invoice/reminder. He said no and didn't care about the code. Told me I would receive a printed bill after 6 months. No flexibility. I should have hung up and spoke to another CSR.

Back