How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got the 5 months for $25. Called 1-866-635-2349 and was given the deal by the first person I talked to. Actually, I called 1-888-601-6302 first but the connection was so poor the rep gave me the 866 number and asked that I call back. I wanted to get a whole year but the best deal was about $130 with all the fees and taxes thrown in.

Just got 5 months for $25 after rejecting 6 months at $49. This was the third or 4th offer they made.

My renewal notice was for $191 BEFORE taxes/fees....total $218 (and I have 2 cars). I call them and told them I wanted to cancel and they offered nothing. I just said I wanted to be sure the auto renewal didn't occur and they said they could cancel, but it would happen immediately. Again...no offer to retain (and I didn't ask for a better deal). So seems that unless you ask specifically, they will not offer it up?? I will try again, closer to expiration time I suppose.

Just got off the phone with a very nice rep at 866-635-2349. I got one radio renewed for $30.05 for 'select' for 6 months. Got my other radio renewed for 1 year all access for $120.38. These included the fees and taxes. Just state that you have read on the internet about these special offers, and you want the same offer. I did not have to play any games. The call took less than 15 minutes. Thank you for this website!!!!!

Boom! Just got 1 year All Access for $120 plus Sirius Traffic and Travel Link for 50% off. Saved $150 from the initial renewal fee.

Called as my renewal is coming up. Asked how much would be. Over 200.00. I informed no way could afford that. CSR offered me my last renewal fee of 99.99 for yr plus fees. 113.00 total.

I spent 26 minutes on the phone. Said I needed to cancel two radios. Says let me check. Offered me a year price that didn't seem great- about $18 a month for both. Got it to six months $17 a month. Then they offered give 5 months $9.80 a month. I said that's still too much just cancel. She asked what I was willing pay. I said $5 a month for both. She said let me ask my supervisor. It was approved.

Called up to cancel and got the full cancellation. Do a little research, SiriusXM is a rip off even at the discounted price and waste of time phoning retentions.

just got off the phone w/cra. told me the offers were only sent to specific radio customers. when I said I wanted to cancel, Tim offered to transfer me to that dept. guess I'll try again later.

I have had the 5 month for $25 'deal' twice in a row, but don't care for the fact that you must call and ask every 5 months, and get automatic renewal at that rate. I just cancelled my service after offering them $60 a year for the foreseeable future- which they turned down.

The CSR was sympathetic, but lacked authority to provide an auto renewable subscription at a price that I felt reasonable.
The CSR was very pleasant and made an honest effort to save my account, but did not have the authority to

I just called as I had the $218 auto renewal. Told the rep I wanted to cancel. She immediately went to the $99/year offer, so I didn't have to talk to some clown in retention.

I also had the $218 renewal coming along in a few days. Just called and she offered me the $99/year.

I got 6 months for $25 for my initial subscription, which is now up for renewal at $140 for six months. I just called 1-866-635-2349 and asked for a better deal was told there were no offers available for my account. So I hung up and called 1-888-601-6302, and was again told there were no offers for my account. I said I wanted the $99 offer I saw online and they asked where I saw it (I didn't tell) and repeated that offers are account-specific and there are none available for me. So I said I wanted to cancel. They put me on hold and said there is an offer on my account for $135 incl. fees for 12 months. I accepted, feeling a little weak after the process, and not wanting to go through it again in another six months.

Just called (8/6/2016) and got the one year of All Access for $119.88 fees (total $136.54). Took about 5 minutes - just told them it was too expensive (the rep said he understood as in his country his job was paying for the care of his entire family!).

One point of contention/confusion here is that there are two different types of radios. If you have a Sirius radio (a have one in a 2007 car), you only need the select plan to get premium channels like Howard Stern. If you have an XM radio, you need the All Acess plan to get premium channels like Howard Stern. I got the 6 month $30 select plan on my Sirius radio, but could not get all Acess for the cheap rate. I have a different car with an XM radio and fear I might not be able to get this deal. Can you guys list whether you guys have a Sirius or XM radio and the type of plan you got (select or All Acess) so we can all be more informed when calling customer service? It will be very helpful! Thanks folks!!!

Just renewed my service for 6 months for $25 plus fee and taxes = $30.42. Needed to call twice to get the deal and tell them I wanted to cancel.

So what should have taken 10 minutes took 45 minutes. I ended up talking with 4 different people, and was cut off 2 times, in which I had to call back and start all over. When I originally called, I said I wanted the deal of 6 months for $25. I ended up getting that deal, but they still charged me $12 dollars from when my original subscription was up. They claimed they sent out a bill on July 23 and that my account was due on July 23. I told them how can you mail a bill on the 23rd and have it due on the 23. The person did not understand......and did not speak English very well. Ugg.

Just got off the phone after about 5 minutes on the line. I told the rep that I wanted to renew my all access plan, but it would have to be at the $120 rate I have seen online (here!), or I would have to cancel. After giving him my account info, he took about 10 seconds to say that he could do it for that rate. Total, with all taxes and fees, is $145.78 for one year. That's about as easy as it gets. Thanks for the tips folks!

I just called and was offered the $99.00 for a year immediately. With taxes and fees it came to $118.33.

Back