How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Very easy to do, I called up a month before my renewal, told them the renewal price was too high and I wanted to cancel, they offered me an amazing rate if I renewed now. The whole thing took 5 minutes and I took them up on the offer. Very simple to do...Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

Called 866-635-5020. Asked to cancel due to high renewal cost. They immediately offer $99 for 1 yr. 7 min call. Much simpler than previous years.

It definitely works! I just called and if you keep pushing for the $25 rate they will give it to you with no hassle. Don't give in, they want your money.

This technique worked very well. I am near the end of a five-month/$25 deal. I called and said I was looking for something cheaper than the standard $18/month package. He asked me whether I was thinking of cancelling because of cost. I said Yes. He immediately offer this $99/year deal.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! It took a 43 minute call and then a 21 minute call but I got the All-Access package for $119.88/ year plus fees and taxes, NO AUTO RENEW. I spoke to three people on the first call. Best they 'could do' was 6 months/$50 or $175/ year. They seemed appalled that I'd ask for better and repeatedly told me my info was incorrect, I read things wrong, etc. Second call? Np!

Took two phone calls, but I got $100 off. Was $218.99 only paid $108.09. I called two weeks ago, no luck. Called again today, got it immediately. Just said I wanted to change my plan because it was too expensive. Didn't ask for discount or say I would cancel, just change to a lower priced plan and was offered the same plan for $99 plus taxes & fees.

I just called 1-866-635-2349 and said that I wanted to cancel my service prior to my renewal at full price because of the price. I told the rep, Deb, that I used to have a plan for 6 months for $25 with my old car and they offered me the following three options - $99 for one year, $47 for 6 months, or $25 for 5 months. I chose the last option. It took all of about 3 minutes to complete the transaction.

Just got the 5 month package for $28.46 (includes taxes and fees). Just keep asking!!!

Thanks for the advice, everyone! It took a 9 minute call for me to switch my 6 month subscription at $109.28 (taxes included) to the 5 months for $25. I told the rep that the $109.29 was a bit pricey considering my other car had the 5 months for $25 deal. She asked me to hold while she speaks with a supervisor came back and said okay we will give you the same deal and refund the remaining difference within 5-7 business days.

Just scored all access 99/month...taxes and fees total 112.76. I cancelled the account months ago because of the high price and decided to see if I could get a better deal. Got it!!! Thx for the help

They tried to get me to take the 1yr at $99, then the 6 month for $47 but I finally just asked if they could get me around $30 and he said 'I do have a deal of $25 for 5 months.' $28.46 total and a done deal. Thanks for the tip. Brad

They wanted 210.22 for one year After being on the phone for no more than 5 min I'm paying 75.12 for the year

Just called after having $20 for 5 months...stated they were too expensive and I couldn't afford it. The started with the $99/year, then went to $47/6 mos...and then finally got to the $25 for 5 months. They'll do it, just say you can't afford it and they'll give it to you. If one rep doesn't, just call back the next day, they don't want to lose customers.

Called 1-866-635-5020 and say Cancel Service. Transferred immediately to CSR and said canceling because the price is too high. Immediately got offer to keep the 5mo/$25 deal, but was also lured to take $99/year or $47/6mo which I promptly declined. Took 5 mins total.

I was given a used XM radio with no subscription so this process took a bit longer because they had to create an account. They started me off with the full price, All Access. Told them I only wanted Select and 6 months. They came back with $109. Told them no, this was a trial since I've never had XM before didn't want to spend that much. Came back with $98, Told them no, They came back with 6 months and $28 which I accepted. It's set for auto renew. But I used virtual credit card with a 2 month time limit and a $50 dollar limit. I called the 888-601-6302. Probably took 25 minutes, most of which was setting up the account.

Back