How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Thanks, Just scored $89.00 for 12 months. This was for the Family Entertainment package (No explicit channels). I never heard of it but it didn't matter that works for me. I just said the plan I had was too expensive and she talked with me for a few moments then offered this package.

I just called and it went exactly like the video said it would. Instead of the over $200 I would have paid for a year...it was 24.99 fees and taxes for a total of $30.38 for 5 months. Done deal.

All Access subscription was up today. Renewal was supposed to be $290. Called and told them that rate was way too high. They immediately offered me $120 for a year plus taxes and fees. I said it was a little too high still, could they wave the fees. Put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with an offer of 120 for the year, plus taxes and fees, a $2.00 per month credit for invoicing fee and a one time $20 credit that could be used right away. New rate came to $124.18 total for 12 months of all access.

Yet again, got my 6 months for $25 today. Been doing this song and dance since 2012, but I like my music. ;)

so i let my subscription lapse, but they did not cut off the radio till yesterday, I called, got the deals listed above, but they wanted to charge me for the months that were not paid, I said that I would not pay for service that I had not authorized, and after 'cking w/his supervisor', waived the past two months charges that were unpaid :-) thanks for the advice everyone!

easy. call 1-866-964-6668 wait for prompt for cancellation tell them you want to
re-up, BUT for $25 per 6 months. They will do the transaction right away Ask them to send you a reminder before the end of 6 months Ask for extension of the $25 fee for the next 6 months Keep making that call every 6 months for that fee.

Just called to renew 2 days before my special price for Select from 5 months ago ends. First rep I spoke to gave me the typical offer: 12 months for $119 for Music only which is paying more for less stations! I told him I wanted to cancel for that reason. He said those are the 'magic' words that opened up more options. Then offered 12 months $99. No. 6 months $48. No 5 months $25. I said I had friend who got 6 months for $25. He said o.k.! Actually better deal than I received in February. So be sure to say you want to cancel to get better prices.

Rep told me it is best to call to renew/request to cancel before your current package ends. Do not give credit card for auto renewal. Request bill sent and pay with check. Then you have leverage! (Extra $2 fee is worth not being charged hundreds automatically and then fighting for refund.)

Just got the 'All Access for $50 for 6 months' (total was $60.93 incl Tax & fees). First rep I called was clueless about what package had NFL channel. Hung up. Tried online chat...was told best they could do for All Access was $20/mo and there were no 'special offers' available. Said bye. Called again (different number from different XM letter)...told them exactly what I wanted (and that my friend had just got it) and voila!

Used the number below to request the deal. At first they wouldn't budge, but then say the magic word of 'cancel' and the doors open wide. $25 for 6 months!

This was great!!!! Thank you for the helpful tips. I called sirius earlier today and was told the best deal I could get was 50.00 for 3 months!!! I looked at your tips, called back to cancel and when asked why I told her I wanted my subscription for my previous rate, 25.00 for 6 month. Bingo got my rate. Thanks so much.

I called and asked for the $25/6 months. They transferred me to another person, and after him offering me several options, he gave me the rate I asked for! I did ask for an invoice to be sent so they couldn't automatically update/charge me. So easy!!

Got bill for $331.28 for renewal for two cars. After 6 'please cancel' requests and 'this is my last deal' I got $112 per car including taxes and fees for a year. I told them I would only authorize a one time charge to my credit card. 20 minutes

Originally told 148$ for a year, then threatened to cancel, they transferred me go another lady who gave me 119$ for a year. she said that the usual price is close to 200$ a year which she says people to pay, but they offer reduced rates for people who enjoy the music/radio but can't pay that much

I just received the 6 for $50 all access after stating I would be cancelling due to price. 🙌🏼

Just called and it was easy! One year subscription for $119, total with fees and prorated credit for my remaining days on plan $136. He did offer a cheaper plan that wasn't All access and I decided to spend the extra $25 on the All access. I didn't hold out for the $25, and am curious if this was the basic plan or All access as everyone who commented that they got that rate didn't say. Thanks! Also didn't realize that the all access meant I could use my cell phone to stream Sirius! I was only using my tv for that. I guess that might be obvious to younger folks, but not to me. lol

Called the number, told the rep that my free trial is ending and that I would like to take them up on the offer for $25 for 6 months for the select package. She immediately said okay. (My real offer was $29.94 plus taxes and fees for 6 months.) With taxes and fees, I will pay a total of $30.46 for 6 months. They will be sending me an invoice so that I may pay with check, as I do not want to be automatically charged at a higher fee. Took about 3 minutes. Easy. Thank you to everyone who has posted their experiences and to the OP who made the video. Cute dog, by the way!

O.K. Followed the Guest advice below who said, 'easy. call 1-866-964-6668 wait for prompt for cancellation tell them you want to re-up, BUT for $25 per 6 months. They will do the transaction right away Ask them to send you a reminder before the end of 6 months Ask for extension of the $25 fee for the next 6 months...' Although they DO try to shift you to 5 months for $25 if you are insistent for the 6 months, they will give it to you. They will also try to shift you to a longer plan...1-year, just say you're aware of that plan from your online research and only want to do 6 months at a time. I started with a rep named Rod who, upon hearing the previous advice, immediately put me to Carlos. Carlos was very professional and accommodating, though he obviously has his script to follow. He had to leave a couple of times to 'check on things' but the wait was not long, stay on the phone. Anyway, pretty painless, assuming there are no issues with the charges to my credit card, but I'm not expecting any...everything was verbally confirmed at the end of the call. Take names, that never hurts. It also doesn't hurt to tell them you're aware of the nightmare scenarios with cancellation all over the Internet. Perhaps they are more accommodating if you have done your research. Thanks to the previous 'Guest' for their advice---it was most helpful!!

Called 866-635-5020 to cancel two units, mine (for price) and son who uses Google music thru cell. Took a long time to get the one canceled but got one year of Select for me for $99 plus fees/taxes totaling $112.96 . Took longer (15 min.) than should but had a young lady Renna who followed her script. At the end she immediately offered the $25 for 5 months on the cancelled unit. Declined and she was OK with that.
If your credit card company will give you a virtual one time use number, perfect place to use it so you won't get automatically billed at high price if your forget to cancel.

I tried the live chat customer service first after seeing an automatic charge for $114.39 for 6 months, which was thoroughly useless. Rep claimed absolutely NO promotions existed anywhere in the SiriusXM galaxy. So I called the x6668 number suggested below, hit the cancellation prompt, and got to a human being - a lovely young man named Louie - in no time. First offer:1 year for $99. Pass. Next offer: 6 months for $47 and change. Pass. Me want 5 months 25 (beat chest). It didn't take long for Louie make it happen and credit my account $85.95. Kind, educated persistence is a wonderful thing. Thanks all for the great info & tips!

Back