How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got 6 Months for $25 (plus tax) PLUS FREE online access I like to listen on my phone as well and Traffic Travel link for $10 6months. I also always get them to take off automatic renewal. I am very very forget full and I wont even chance it. Normally have to call back to make sure auto renewal is taken off and always make sure you conformations (emails) for everything just in case.

I received an offer after my trial subscription expires tomorrow of 29.95 for 6 months. After reading posts, I told them a friend had gotten it for 25. It was immediately honored. I will put a reminder in my phone to cancel on December 30. Thanks for all of the helpful tips!

Just received the $99 dollar a year plan. Had to go through two reps but eventually they gave it to me.

Have been a customer since 2008, not happy with 2016 renewal pricing, so called & said I was considering canceling since I don't drive much. Rep offered me 50% off, which came to $108.10 with all taxes, so I was happy to renew. He also said I should phone them before it renews next year about another discounted plan.

RENEWAL FOR SIRIUS XM ALL ACCESS (INC.INTERNET/APP)
1 YEAR - $136.54
Took 3 calls because I got cut off twice (might have been my phone). The first rep offered me $119 All Access Internet, but you do have to pay a $25 Music Industry fee. She started to tell me that she was 'also going to...' and then the phone cut off, so I don't know if something else was going to get offered, such as an extra month. But this is what I ended up with: Sirius XM All Access (includes Internet and Mobile), out the door for $136.54. (est. renewal is $275, so will call back in next year, even though they said it was on automatic renewal, I think I can change that option online). While on phone she had me go to car to reset signal (since my subscription expired 3 days ago). That was instantaneous when I started the car. Entire call: 12 minutes.

Rep offered $99.00 for one year. Told rep this was more than I wanted to pay. Asked if I could get the 6 mos. $25.00 like I had before. If not, I would like to cancel XM on both vehicles. Rep said he had to speak to supervisor. Rep came back said I could get then 6 mos. $25.00 for each vehicle. Oh happy day!

My 6 month for $25 deal was expiring in a few days. I had set Calendar reminder on smart phone. I called and spoke with Patricia (doubtful that was her real name, as she was outside the USA). I gave her my account# and she pulled it up and asked what she could do for me. I told her I did not want to Auto-Renew and she asked why. I told her I didn't want to pay the $116.02 for 6 months, it was too much. She immediately offered me the same $25/6 months select deal and I took it. I did end up paying $29.05 with fees and taxes, but OK. I will pay less than $5/month for Sirius, even though I really only listen to a few channels. I won't pay $20/month.

Downside to the special pricing is it won't allow you to add NavTraffic or NavWeather. If i DONT do a special promotion I can add these features.

Offered renewal at $99. I declined and asked for 6mo/$25. Rep said I wasn't eligible but I could get 5mo/$25. I took it since it's still pretty cheap.

I just got 6 months for$25. Had to go from Customer service to a 'special department' made me 3 offers till I said I could do $25 for 6 months, and he said he could do that.

Just got off the phone and received 6 months for $25 for each radio...i have 2 radios...so the total is $69.05 and that includes all taxes and fees plus 4 days fees because my subscription was up on the 26th

I have a new car that came with the usual 90 days free that expires at the end of July. I got a snail-mail offer for 6 months for $30, but based on this forum, I asked for 6 months for $25. The rep checked that out and gave it to me immediately, no problem. That part of the call took 2 or 3 minutes. My total was between $30 and $31 which includes sales tax and fees. Not sure what the fees are for or based on, but the fee total is somewhere between $3 and $4. Still, overall a great deal. SiriusXM is worth $5 or so per month, but not worth $15.99 or perhaps even $10 per month to me.

Can everyone who makes comments please put which package they got. i.e. Select , All Access etc...

RENEWAL FOR SIRIUS XM ALL ACCESS (INC.INTERNET/APP)
1 YEAR - $144.04
(Pkg $119.88 16.66 music fee 7.50 tax)

Mine auto renewed for a year and it was $288.25. Outrageous!
After reading this site, and making 3 calls to customer service I got my pkg at the new promo rate. The CSR I finally got was super helpful. Unlike the others... stating - there are NO promos out that you qualify for!
REALLY BUDDY, I'll call you back.
It took 12 minutes exactly to get this done once I got the right CSR on the line. They want to retain their customer base, they WILL give you a promo pkg, be persistent.
TIP - Call Customer Service to renew so it does not auto renew.

Got billed $116 for an 'auto-renewal package' which I explicitly made clear I did not want upon buying the subscription initially. Called them to have it refunded, mentioned the price was beyond unreasonable for radio. They came back with a $99 for a year, I said I wanted a 6mo term, they said they could do it for $48 plus taxes and fees ($59) I again said, that was too much and I wanted the same promo I got 6months ago (this one) they said it wasn't available anymore so, I said ok cancel my whole service then. They then said 'oh, actually it looks like the promo is still active' LOL
So I got the $25 for the 6 months, which is actually just going to be a $79 dollar refund in my case but yes, these guys are the shady used car salesmen on premium radio, just gotta be ready to wheel and deal with these guys to get what you want...
Package: 6 month All access pass for $25 plus tax and fees. Check.

I always get the Sirius XM All Access which is car and internet for $50 for 6 months plus fees and taxes. It winds up costing me $56.94 for 6 months. They always offer me All Access for one year for $120 plus fees and taxes. When I say I am not paying more than $100 per year for All access they only offer me 6 months for $50. so I have to call every 6 months. I always get the deal for over 3 years now.

Simple....I called and told them I wanted to cancel my current 6 mo subscription for which I paid 24.99. I called a few days prior to the end date of that subscription. He asked why...I told him I could stream Pandora and iheart for nothing, and that I wasn't interested in paying a renewal of $90 . He said he could give me the same subscription at the same rate of $24.99, plus credit for the few days on the early renewal. Total for 6 months: $29.93 which includes taxes and a one dollar fee for an invoice. I won't pay with a credit card or check...money order only to avoid auto renewal.

To the person from 3 days ago that said XM will not allow you to add Nav Traffic or Travel Link (Weather) on the special. They will do this. I have been doing it for a couple of years now. The deal I get is half off each service for 5 months - the same as the radio deal. If they won't give it to you tell them you will cancel.

got 6 months for $30 after a couple offers of an annual package and other 'discounts'. Probably could have tried for 6 months for $25 but too lazy after the long holiday weekend. Took a total of 15 minutes on phone.

Back