How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

My three month trial will soon be over so I called Sirius to get a quote for renewal. It was going to be well over $250 for the all access. I am so glad I found this website. I told them a friend is getting Sirius for $99 a year and they went along with that price. I just need to cancel before my renewal date in a year.

I was on a trial for my car's radio. I cancelled the trial and was offered 6 months All-Access for $56.95. The phone rep said I should call a day before the 6 months runs out and ask again for the lower rate, so it won't renew at the higher normal rate.

Called and was 'offered' $10.99 a month. Told him it was too expensive. Called above number and told another CSR a friend of mine just renewed for $25 for six months. He immediately offered to honor that offer. 11 minutes total time on call including 7 minute wait. Score.

took 8 minutes to go from the $99 for one year offer to the $25 for 5 months deal. Had to cancel twice to get it though..

They actually refund you if you cancel just after your renewal date. They did for me. I haven't went back yet. just reading to see how well some of you are doing.

Just called got 6 months for $28.46 no hassle. I do it every time my subscription is up.

I'm a returning customer and was offered the $199 for one year price. Told her that was too much and that I knew they offered new customers 5 months for $25 and I wanted that same deal. She put me on hold while she checked with her supervisor (of course) but I got the deal.

Just on the phone with them....very quick response. Changed my bill from $284 for two cars (one with only Sirius music) to $ 189 for both cars to have Select package (includes sports)

I listen to very few music channels and I hate paying such a high amount. I kept stalling and sure enough, he came back with the $25 for 5 mo deal.

I've had service for several years and I just called to cancel, citing expense. Best rate offered was 'about $8 per month'. I said it was still too much, so they cancelled.

Just got 12 months for $99 for Select Package. Was first offered it for $175 and I told them I would cancel. Then was offered the $99 offer, I am happy.

I just got last month 6 mos for $25.00 including tax. I've been getting this price for the last 3 years. It's such a SCAM that we all have to be put in this situation to get a fare pricing.

Just got off the phone i said i was done with them after how i was treated and they gave me 5 months 3 months free for 25$. i decided i didn't like how i was treated so i set up my cancelation anyway but figured this might help some of you out there. I tried using a deal they sent me in the mail and they wouldn't honor it so i got upset and she said they don't have that deal and i told her i am reading it right now. anyway long story short she pissed me off and lost a customer because of it. even after honoring a deal very close just not all access, the add says full access but she said that means select package. I said you are full of **** the select package is right below for 99$ for a year i know what i am talking about.

I am reaching the end of my 3 month trial and my deal was $29.98 for 6 months not including the tax..... I took the advice below and got 6 months for $28.46 including tax with no hassle.

I just got the 5 months for $25. Took me a second phone call to get it. The first rep offered nothing.

They offered a year at $99 and told rep too much, then it was 6 months at $47. Said still too much so she made it seem like she would proceed with the cancellation and then was like oh well we can extend it for 5 months for $25 plus fees and I took that.

Same offer per the script but no attitude needed or given. 1 year for 99 or 6 months for $48
or my usual 5 months for $25.. Its hard to turn down $5 / month even for 1 year. Since I have done this over and over and just saved $40 over year. CSR was kind, receptive and understood that I barely listen to radio during daily commute for hour or less. Just diary termination date into your phone and call 2 days earlier to avoid price upgrade.

I got email informing me automatic renewal would be $218.55 for Select in the car, and $54,67 for the internet radio service (which I use a lot).

Bookmarked this site last time renewal came up (maybe longer ago than that!), so reviewed the comments and then called. Told the nice lady I would have to cancel if we couldn't do better than the automatic renewal rate. She said, 'let me check to see what promotions are available.'

What I accepted was $136.56, including all fees, for another year of the Select and internet radio.

Thought about the $25 for six months, but renewing that often seems a bit cumbersome.

I agree with others: they should just reasonably price their product in the first place. I've been a customer since 2004, and love it, but not enough to get hosed.

I went with the $99/year package with an auto renewal.
I asked if the previous month payment of $18 could be deducted from the $99 (since I had just come off the $29 special) and she quickly said yes, which I thought was a nice gesture.
It's more than the every 6 months offer, but a lot less hassle.

I signed up for a 6mo subscription in February for $25. I called today because it looked like Siriusxm was trying to automatically renew on my cc. I called them today and said I wasn't interested in renewing for almost $19/mo. Was sent to cancellation dept. and was given another 6mo. for $25. They don't want to lose your business so I suggest bartering with them.

Back