How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Was up for a 2-year renewal at $470.00! Spent 10 minutes on the line with a wonderful CSR. $99 tax for a one-year renewal. Easy-breezy!

Just got two cars activated for $28.46 each for 6 months (total of $56.92) and OPTED OUT of the recurring future charges. Took about 20 minutes.

Just did it..xm unfortunately preys on people that don't call in to negotiate. Shame on them.
After I said no to 12 mos for 99, she offered 5 mos for 24. I said no to that knowing I could get the 28.46 from the caller yesterday got. Well, just like magic, (and putting me on hold for a minute to 'check to see if I am autho' for that deal....I got it.
The way XM handles customers is a disgrace.
You must play this game to get a better deal or they rip you off with the auto renew.

First, the lady said there was no promotion. I said then I need to cancel. She transferred me. After speaking with that lady and repeating the story saying $210 was too much to pay and I guess I'd have to cancel, she offered me 12 months at $99 (plus $13 royalty fee). Less than 10 mins. I've done it every year since getting my car 6 years ago.

Just called about all access. Didn't get any run around about renewing all access for a lower price of ~119 for a year. I am renewing 3 weeks early so they also applied a credit to the account for the last months of use. I also took care of my wife's trial renewal since she got a car 3 months ago. They offered the 5 months for $25 and I asked for 6 months with little to zero push back for premium. She does not listen to Howard or need all access. They let her finish the trial period with allaccess then will bill her on renewal date for the $28.46. On my account, I did ia one time payment and removed the card. On my wife's, I needed to give them the credit card since they are going to bill her in 3 weeks. I just need to remember to remove the card from her account after the bill to prevent auto renewal billing. Pretty easy this year to renew.

Instead of $218 for a year, I told them that I was going to cancel and then they offered the 6 month plan for $28 after taxes.75% off for 6 months...what a scam if you do not call.

I'm getting ready to call in about my renewal, but the CSR I got the last time was really nasty and I didn't get much of a price break. I'm dreading this and I'm really close to actually cancelling because I hate dealing with them so much.

Just called and they wouldn't come down on it at all. Great. I am so tired of this game.

My new car trial is ending. I used the customer service online chat on the website to ask about a deal on the All Access package for a year and was told there were no deals available to me other than the Select Package for $99. I then called customer service and asked the same question and was given the All Access package for 1 year for $120 plus taxes & fees.

Just called and they gave me the all access price of $120 right up front without any problems!

I used to work in the retention department for SiriusXM. This is absolutely true. You can get this deal if you call to cancel. There are several deals available if you don't want to pay for a whole year at one time. You can get 5 mo for $25. If you tell them you are canceling because you are having money problems right now most of the time they will offer 2 months free, this is a last resort offer though so they will offer the year at $99 first or something similar.

Called in. Rep was not interested in keeping me as a customer. Said promotional rates are a one time courtesy. If I wanted to continue my subscription, it would be the regular rate. CANCELLED.

had the select package which they offered for $99/year but they hustled me into the all access for $120.. will be nice to listen online and get NFL now

Spent less than 7 minutes on the phone with Tracy, and 3 different offers for 12 month packages. Settled on continuation of my 5 month Select package for $25., and $3.47 fees, total of $28.46 for 5 months =$5.69 month. No haggling, just kept telling them the packages offered were too expensive for me.

Back