How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got off the phone with them. After needing to be transferred around to cancel because I was told by 2 different people they don't have any promotions, and I wasn't going to pay $220 fees, I got the All Access package for $136.55 out the door.

I told the guy they should really just offer the renewal at the price they can rather than make me tay on the phone and basically need to threaten to cancel.

Received written notification for 6 month renewal for $29.94, plus taxes/fee of $4.16, total of $34.10. Called and was able to get the 6 month $24.99, fees/taxes of $3.47, total $28.46.

Thanks to this Board I achieved an additional small savings.

I have marked my calendar to cancel before automatic renewal date and start process all over again!

Made 2 separate calls, both of which were successful. My buddy and I have 2 subscriptions, both active, on the same account, mine with All Access, and his with Select for his car. First call was to get a deal on All Access, and 7 minutes later, I was off the phone with 6 months for $59.32 after taxes. SCORE! Second call was for Select, and it seemed as if the woman might not budge at first, and I was preparing to end the call, when she asked to place me on hold while she checked if she could apply the deal, since the radio was already active. Came back a minute later with permission to honor 6 months for $29.62 after taxes. Call took about 8 minutes. Note: I usually call separately for each radio, and I usually tell each rep that I had received an offer to call and ask about the special 6-month rate of $49.99 for All Access, followed by $24.99 for Select. This has worked for me for the better part of 3 years, and as demonstrated, it usually comes out to around $90 for 6 months for 2 radios, and calls take a total of 15-20 minutes depending on the reps. Small investment of time for huge savings.

I just got off the phone with them. I called the number listed above. (888-601-6302) I was not transferred and the call only took a few short minutes. The rep was super friendly and at first offered me the 1 year for $99, when I explained that was still double what I had been paying for the last 6 months, she then offered one other 6 month option, then offered to continue my current rate of 6 months for $24.99. Very pleasant and relatively easy transaction.

Called this number earlier today and encountered a very accommodating, pleasant, CSR. I told her the truth, that I do not use my Sirius XM much anymore, but I enjoy it when I do. She noted that I have been a customer for several years, and said she would check the offers available. She gave me the 1 year for $99 and reduced the extra fees. I would add that I asked her to send me a bill (a $2 extra charge), so I can pay by check. That way, they cannot automatically renew you with the credit card on file I fretted over this call for weeks, and it was actually a pleasant experience. Just be nice when you call... as they say, 'you catch more bees with honey.'

Worked Perfect. I called in and they offered me whatever rate for 6 months. I simply told them my friend just got 6 months for $24.99 plus fees and taxes (a total of $30.27). She told asked me to go on a brief hold while she checked with her supervisor. After that no issues as all. Got the price I said with no challenges.

Thanks for this. After being charged $54 for 3 months I called this number and they gave me the year package for $99 and all I had to do was pay the difference. Worked great and will use this again.

Encountered a very nice rep on the phone. I got the 6 month XM All Access plan for $55 and the 5 Month XM Select plan for $25. She made an initial offer which I declined and came back with an even better offer. She even said 'Bye for now' as the last goodbye (I told her I listen to Stern).

Super easy. I told the CSR that my plan was to expensive and that I had a limited budget now. I had a plan for $20 for 6 months. I got the $25 plan for 6 months but she took off my $12 that I paid for this month...so really I only owe $17 this is my type of plan. Just got to put the reminder in my phone to cancel per say in late December.

Called in and gotten an awesome rep, gotten the deal for a tally of 28.30 with tax for 5 months. Worked out perfectly.

folks, I'm reading here some getting 5 months for $25 (pre-tax) and some getting 6 months for $25 (pre-tax). Is it 5 months or 6 months ?

Called to renew 6 month subscription for $25. Rep. wasn't going to give me the rate and after saying that I would cancel, put me on hold and 'checked with her supervisor'. Came back offering me the $25 for 6 month rate.

Time to renew so called looking for deals and promotions. First CSR, sorry can't help no promotions at this time. My bill is for two vehicles, one 6 month select at 67.00 and the other is 3 months all access for the same. 136.00 for both. Called again, this CSR wouldn't budge. Said I was coming off a promotion and they all end sometime. Didn't care if I cancelled. Hung up on him. Called again got a nice young lady, and low and behold, their was a promotion. I year at half price for the all access, and 99 for one year for the select plan. Adding taxes it wasn't cheap but I did get a full year on both at a significantly reduced price. Keep calling until you get someone who will work with you. The others I talked to are probably just to lazy!

I have done the 'fake cancel' until they give you the 5 month/$25 for a couple years now and always get it. I went to add my husband's vehicle that has never had it ideally for the 5month/$25 and have called twice now and they legit wont give basically any deal. Has anyone else dealt with this type of thing or have tips on getting this deal for a NEW radio, not a renewal? Thanks!

Just spoke with rep, told the I wanted to cancel if they didn't give me prior year rate. I would have canceled we have 3 vehicles. They had charged my card $136.00. Rep offered a deal, but not $99.00. Told them I didn't want to pay royalty fee. Bottom line got it for flat $99.00. Hope this helps future customers.

Just received 6 months for $25 with 50% discount on traffic navigation @ $11.97 for 6 months as well with the first CSR that took the call.

Just renewed. Very helpful rep took only less than 5 minutes. Offered all access for 135.95/year.

My annual XM renewal was going to cost over $200. Tried to renew my $99 XM Select plan via Chat, did not work. Called 800 number immediately after and the CSR gave it to me.

What a crazy business strategy. I called 1-855-821-9031 to renew and asked about promotions. I was told that I am currently under a promotion and would have to pay $212 to renew for a year. I said that I saw online promotions for $99 renewal and he immediately said 'ok'. And signed me up for that. With taxes and fees, it was $112. HE then tried to get me to take a 'free' radio for the house but I would have to pay an additional $15 per month for at least 6 months. I kindly declined. Funny he ended the call by saying 'God bless your family'. That threw me for a loop.

Back