How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

cancelled my subscripton today over the phone, the csr was agressive about me not cancelling. My renewal was $236.00. They offered to cut it down to 129/yr but I have been told by several people if you wait a day and call back you can get $99/yr. They also tried to charge me an extra 2 weeks as the bill came late and I wasn't giving in to that unethical business practice. They tried to get me to pay by credit card but declined, that is how they can tack on extra charges. Ask to be billed and pay by check.

Wait til you get the bill. I fought them for years. Told one price on the phone but you have no proof of what you were told, then get a bill far higher. A bunch of lying crooks. I just luster to cds

They won't let you cancel online but they will let U upgrade, hmmmm?. Called them & had to wait 40 mins before agent answered. Said I want to cancel & agent wanted to know why. Told her I don't want it. She started asking why over & over again. Finally had to swear at her and tell her I'm sick of listening to her 20 questions, just cancel it. Obnoxious.

Didn't get anywhere calling regular Sirius phone #'s to renew. Called this #. Nice lady rep. Took about 15 minutes. Put on hold 3 times while she checked, then came with new price each time. Wanted All Access with Streaming. First about $220 yr tax & fees, then $120 $16.54 tax/fees for 12 months, then $56.94 for 6 months with all taxes and fees. I took this. Worth the call. Politely explained to her I just couldn't afford any higher rates.

Went from renewal subscription of $202 for 'XM select' to offer of $99 ($113.94 with fees/taxes) for 1 year to $103.62 (including fees/taxes) for 1 year to $32.82 (including fees/taxes) for 6 months (after initially claiming our radio was not eligible when I specifically asked about the $25 for 6 months deal) to $32.82 for 6 months (after removing invoice fee when paying by credit card on phone - but told them it was a one time charge only and used a virtual number from credit card company that expires in 1 month so cannot be used for automatic renewal). Mentioned that the high cost was too much since they eliminated one of the only two classical music channels we listened to and we now have to sit through reports on 3 other cities before getting traffic for where we live.

I just called and got 12-months all access, with tax and fees, for $145.76. Very happy as I like to listen at home on my Roku, and gf likes to listen to political station only available online.

Just called XM radio for cancellation. I suspect the csr is reading from a script. He had offered a 6 month XM radio Select Plan for $109.28. I had informed the csr I couldn't afford the rate increase. He eventually brought it down to $25.00/6 months . My advice would to be patient.

I got a call from a Sirius CSR on Friday, he offered me a 19.99 and 15.99 plan, I declined both. On Friday night, I used the Sirius online chat feature after seeing this promotion and was told by the CSR that there were no promotions available. Yesterday morning I got another call and mentioned both incidents to the CSR that called and he told me that because I mentioned the promotion he would give it to me. I got 6 months for 24.99 (30.38 after taxes and fees). I did request an email confirmation to ensure i would be charged correctly.

I don't know how the person who posted got all access for a year at $99. I've tried several times and the lowest I can get it to is $120 dollars for a year plus fees around $136. Are there any others who have gotten all access at $99 a year or is there just one case?

I just called and got each vehicle for 24.99 for 6 months. I told them I could not afford the renew price and my 6 month promo @ 24.99 just ended. She first tried for $99 for a year and i said I was sort but that was still twice what i had been paying. she then checked again and gave me back my 24.99 for 6 months on each vehicle. took about 10 minutes from start to end of call. No issues at all.

Called and asked for a 12 month Select plan totaling about $100, including fees and taxes (F/T). He first offered $99 15 F/T = $114. I said no, so he offered 6 months for a total of $56. Again, said no, so he offered $25 for 6 months. I did not want to call back again, so he offered $89 13 F/T = 102 for 12 months. Took it and moved on.

Just called, told them I needed their help with a discount due to my finances. The rep quickly helped me out offered the $99 off and with the fee and tax came to 108.66. That price works for me so I accepted, charged to credit card. I will be sure to mark the date for next year and call again prior to expiration date renewal for another deal discount price

10 years with Sirius this year. Renewal for the Select pkg was $191.88 . I never listen to anything but music in my car so I changed my plan to Mostly Music @ 131.88 . Came here to read up on this topic and people are getting Select for only $99?? So I called them and wanted to switch back to Select for $99. No dice. Seems I'm not eligible for that rate. So keeping at the Mostly Music pkg and feeling jipped.

15 minutes 34 seconds. 219.48 including a 2.00 charge for a paper bill (never give them your CC number), for 2 radios.

Thanks. I had called the number on the web a few days ago and could not get any deals. So I called the 888-601-6302 number listed here and said I wanted to cancel. Very nice CSR offered me the $99/year F/T for Select. I took it.

Just called and spoke with a very kind CSR: informed her that I was unable to afford the renewal rate and wanted to cancel unless they could make me a better offer. She immediately went into action and within minutes, I renewed for the $99 rate plus taxes/fees. My total for my state was $119.99 which included a credit from renewing a day early since my renewal didn't 'kick in' until 6/2/16. I asked about any additional/hidden fees and she said that there were none and I would only be assessed the $119.99. Just checked my AMEX online bill and that plus the $1 'holding charge' were the only things listed. Definitely worth the phone call and VERY pleased with the outcome!

I have tried prior to each renewal pleaded poverty and they said oh I'm so sorry I can't help you is there anything else today? I don't get it

Just bought a car with a 3 month trial for SiriusXM. Got a notice in the mail Monthly $19.48, 1 yr $214.36, 2 yr $428.73.

I called and told them my friend only pays $99 a year. After being on hold for a few, they offered the $99 plus $14 for royalties, $8 tax for a total of $ 121 a year, I told them I'd get back to them.

Back