How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I've had sirius xm in my car for almost two years now. i renewed the service for the 5 months for $25 rate every time. My subscriptions expires tomorrow, so I called to renew it again and this time I got offered a 5 months for $20 rate!

Just renewed at $89 per year plus fees and tax comes to $102/yr. Very nice customer service guy. They had sent me bill to renew for $189 for next year. I absolutely was going to cancel if they would not come down!

I just called at my 1-year anniversary of buying my car and requested the Select $89 plan. They said they could do... but it is only introductory for year 1. I said fine... I'll deal with how to handle the renewal a year from now. Total cost $100.13. I don't have the energy to try to renegotiate every 5 months. I intentionally gave them a credit card I use very little... I may cancel it so it does not get auto-billed a year from now.

I called and got 6mos for $28.11. I've been on the promo rate for a few cycles. It was amazingly easy this time, I should have made a video. :-). I called and said I just got the paper bill (got it yesterday even though I expired on 6/21) and I am cancelling because it's the full rate and not the previous promo rate I was on. CSR said no problem, what rate were you getting? I said 6mo/$30 and she gave me that right away minus a $2 processing fee, so $28.11. I also had accumulated $9 from being on the full rate since 6/21 and she waived that as well without me even asking. She even told me to call back before 1/2/15 so I can have my rate adjusted again. AND she told me she isn't putting my card on file so I won't be auto-charged the full rate when it comes up, I'll just get another paper bill. Best CSR ever. I hardly said a word.

I just called Sirius and said I was going to cancel because I did not use it very much. They immediately offered me 5 months for $25 which, with taxes, is about $28. I took the deal.

I just called up and got 5 months for $19.23 including tax!!! just keep saying how its too expensive

I just talked to Abby - my XM Select package on two radios was coming due tomorrow. The renewal on my account said it was going to be over $300. There was no way I could pay that. I came to this site while talking to her, and asked for the 5 month offer for $25 offer, and she gave me 6 months for $25 on both of them. So I'm happy with my deal of about $58 for both radios for 6 months.

I just got 5 months for 17.09 which includes all fees....I said heck yeah !!

So I had a customer service rep call me the other day to offer me $5 a month or $89 a year. when I was doing the math after I hung up $5 a month is cheaper than a year. So I called back today to explain the $5 a month deal being cheaper and if they can just bundle it for 12 months and give to me. the lady kept saying she needed my account information before just saying they would give to me.

anyone else had this offer to them yet? I also was told if I renew i forgo the $15 activation fee

I also know you can be asked to be billed. they will send you an invoice and you can pay by check

I just found these posts and sure glad I did. My Select package (at $122.26 for one year) is due for its one year renewal next month and I was going to cancel. I just couldn't see paying almost $200 for radio according to the paper bill I just got. Well, I called and told 'Lynn' that I wanted to cancel because it was more expensive to renew than I had expected. She immediately said to allow her to see what she could do. She came back with a better 'one year' deal than I originally had!! ($100) I'm happy for at least another year when I'll have to call again and tell them to cancel. Hopefully they'll give me a deal then as well.

I've has Sirius since 2006, even before they merged with XM. I have 2 radios and they were continuously screwing up my billing, double billing, cross billing, billing at the wrong time and they would not listen to me or try to help me. So I discontinued my service on both radios thinking I would come back 30 days later and sign up for the $25 for 5 months and they won't do it. They must have my account flagged to not allow discounts. So I guess after being a loyal listener after 7 years, now they won't work with me at all.

I called today and got 6 months Select for $25. The rep said she would also give me 'in house credit' whatever that means and my next 6 months total was $17.07 after taxes! What a deal!

I just got a deal for $19.11 with fees a tax included. I had a $3.38 credit which they applied. So the total I received was $22.49 for 5 months. Not bad, since I was paying $28.11 before. I just kept telling them I couldn't afford with only UI benefits.

I just called and got 5 months for $25. I told the guy I wanted to find out the renewal price and he told me $191 . I told him that was way too much and that I wanted to cancel. He then said that was the magic word and he quoted my about $100 for a year. I asked if there was a cheaper price, like 5 or 6 months for $25, and he came back with what we ultimately settled on, 5 months for $25. What a stupid, time-wasting dance, even if it ended up in the right place!

I learned two things from this exercise: 1--Tell them you want to cancel, and tell them how much you want to pay, and 2--Do it on your expiration date (I lost two days because I didn't want to call back in two days.

of course the reps need to follow sop's. however its a good thing u know the driil. try to tell them you got a promo for the All Access for 1yr w/ promo codes either WBESC/WBGA/WBSP/WBESCTT and last ut not the least, SAVE. be surprised about thier offer.

btw,. i previously work there'

Back