How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called and said my subscription expires in a week and if I don't get a good deal I'll need to cancel. Right away he offered me $89/year deal for XM select. Then I asked for XM All Access he offered me $119(?)/yr deal. Anyways total with tax and fees came to $139.15/yr. I was happy with it because that includes all NFL games and internet access.

Dang it. The guy just let me cancel. Oh well, I'll use the usb function and iHeart radio for free. Unlimited data.

Just called the above number and got XM Select 5 month package for $21.05 including taxes.

I'm so upset over just finding out that we have to pay to listen to commercial's. When I first signed up. The reason any one would pay for radio was because it was commercial free that is the reason I bought it. NOW the feel since they have so many customers that is doesn't mater
and they feel it is ok to shove commercials down my throat. I think everyone needs to complain. This is wrong. Not what I signed up for.

Went on the online chat, no deal. They gave me a number to call, no deal. Transferred to a 3rd rep who then offered the $89/yr. offer. Total came to $101 and some change. Have to be patient but you will get the great deal. If you do end up canceling, you be offered the $89/yr. offer in a letter mailed to you anyway.

I just called 888-601-6302 to cancel and when I asked what was the lowest price available they quoted $49.98 for 6 months for the total access plan. I'm happy.

Its sad to say that the reality of calling is to call and cancell because the subscription automatically renewed with out your authorization, but the truth is you just dont want to pay for the regular rate and would like to take advantage of the promo, now act like an angry bird and look for a supervisor who can give a promo, because you just want to pay less, now i think thats not fair, to subcribers like me, i am a real person so i agree to the terms and conditions as well as i agree for what i am paying for, if you just want to get a promo the real thing is u dont have the money to pay your luxury so then just cancel your account before your promotion ends because im pretty sure that the subscription will automatically renew and it will automatically charge your card with the regular rate,

Similar experience - offered the Sirius Select 1 year renewal for 6 month price. Ends up under $9 month amortized.

I just called and renewed for 6 months $26.71. I said I wold cancel. She wanted to charge me 90.00 for 6 months ...

You better cancel your subscription if you don't have the money to pay for its regular rate, its really shameful that you are calling just to get a promo, the company was fair, and you better read the companies terms and condition 1st before you agree to any deal, so that you will not end up yelling at sirius xm representatives/supervisors

If you think this is a scam, you're wrong! I am a customer who got a 3 month free subscription and then paid $28.11 (with tax) for 5 months. Granted I have to cancel or call again to renew at a lower rate or pay a $14.95 monthly rate going forward. Minor issue considering the price. I will next time get a yearly subscription for $77.

Lol..... just like everyone should pay sticker price or accept a dealers trade offer. Most everything is negotiable. For those of with multiple radios, we can only drive one car and listen to one radio at a time. Got select for 89 and all access for 108

Called twice, the first person not only refused to offer me any discount as she also removed my credit card information from my account, she deliberately decided she was going to delete my credit card because she was upset with my persistence. The second person was an adorable customer rep, with a very strong accent, but very gentle and understanding, of course I wasn't trying to ruin anybody's day, if you have an argument, a reasonable argument, all you have to do is be respectful and just say the truth, the renew cost is too high compared to previous year, you don't want be rude or nasty with people that are working, is very disrespectful and immature. You can achieve better results if you are intelligent opposed to ignorant!

I have tried to cancel my subscription for the past 3 years and every time they convince me not to. I am not trying to get over, cause I really don't use it enough for it to matter one way or the other. When I called to cancel in January they gave me 5 months at $30.11. When I called today to cancel again they told me if I didn't they would give me the same rate from January, so I agreed. I only listen to 3 channels on Sirius so for me it is a luxury not a necessity which is what I told them. I was honest with them about why I no longer wanted the service (the price) and they were willing to make it affordable. I was by no means trying to scam them. If they would have cancelled my service, I would have been just as happy.

I just renewes=d my $25/5-month XM Select plan for another 5 months at $25 (plus $3 music royalty fee). I only had to speak to the representative who picked up the phone. She asked why I wanted to cancel, and I said it was too expensive. But, if SiriusXm could continue me on my current plan, I would renew. That's it. I'm happy enough.

I called the number above today to ask about renewing my subscription. I had the select with internet. I ask about the 'all access' and she came back with $199 for a year. I told her this was not acceptable. Told here I would cancel and listen to Ipod or Pandora. She said let me see what I can do. She came back with $119 a year and with tax and fees,(including $2 invoice fee) came to $133. I said sign me up...Have been doing this 1/2 off for years.....

The 5 month for $25 beats the 12 months for $77 (do the math). Probably because they figure you will forget to renew and they can get the higher price quicker on an automatic renewal. Being retired, I am not in the car much, so can't justify the full price. From Sirius's standpoint, it is too bad they can't monitor actual usage and charge accordingly.
Be ready to negotiate. The last 2 times I have renewed, the offer I accepted was the 3rd one. Patience is a virtue.

People who say it's shameful to do this are laughably ignorant. Sirius is a company who is willing to give you their service for $5/month if you call them. If they didn't want to do that, they wouldn't offer it. Nobody is being tricked.

Today my Mostly Music plan was due to renew for $9.99/mo for a 2 year term- totalling $288 inc taxes. When I threatened to cancel, I was offered $5/ month for 5 months for 'Mostly Music' plan ($30.03 inc tax), or could upgrade to the Premium Plan for $89 per year ($106 inc tax). At least I have 1/2 price service for the next 5 months... I also took off the auto renewal feature, and deleted my credit card from the account- so now they will have to invoice me in order for the service to continue.

Back