How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

6/23/2014
Just called the 1-888-601-6302 and received the XM All Access for 131.71 with tax included for 12 months! Great deal off the web cost....Glad to look up the site and pass along the savings to others....

just got rate of $24.99 plus tax which brings it to $30.08 for 6 months. had to call twice to get that rate.

Just now renewed XMSelect. Once again I got five months for $19.99 plus $2.50 royalty fee, plus tax.

Guys, I used to work for a 3rd party selling this, keep in mind that manners are important. Also, these numbers aren't arbitrary, there is a drop down on the menu where they can select different promotions. They can't edit the price.

You can definitely just call and get a different rep, but some promotions are regional, and the same promotional code cannot be used twice which is why some customers cannot receive a deal over and over.

After being a member of Sirius or XM for 7 years, I was up for renewal and called and requested the $25 for 5 months and was shot down as this is only for 'some devices'. After much discussion, the lowest rate quoted was $119 after tax for in-vehicle service only. I was very disappointed and cancelled on the spot. Honestly, I couldn't believe the discussion. I've always managed a sub $100 price for an annual subscription. I'm embarrassed, but following this, I have never been so rude to a representative explaining that I was a lost customer. Here comes regular radio again or whatever I can find streaming through my smart-phone.....

I have 4 radios and had older (by a few months) offer in my hand of 5 months for $20 from a radio of a previous car. They gave me 5/20 plus $2.50 per month tax/royalty fee.

Just called and said I would cancel if they could not come up with a better rate than $180 . 'Cancel' is the magic word. Got the $89 rate on my new radio after a free trial and also got the $89 rate on my other car that was due in about 2 weeks. Just be friendly with the rep. It works.

Offered $89 ea at start for yr. Instead got 2 radios for $25.96 ea (tax, etc. included) and 1 online access included (was going to be about $25 extra). About 25 min on phone. Had to put me on hold to recompute about every 5 min. Was also offered 6 mos premier for $49.99 but declined, that's when she threw in the free online instead.

I got 49 for 6 months for All Access and the NavTraffic. Thanks for posting. I actually use XM alot so paying about 9 bucks a month really isn't much of a big deal.

J Tucker - San Diego
called the # given above. explained that my trial just expired, but i had been a customer previously and did not want to pay $199 and asked if there was a better deal and that a 'friend' told me there may be possible deals if I called.
she was kind and thorough and offered me $119.88 plus tax & other fees for the all access ($131.71 total). excited to have saved $ thanks for helping us all out to save monies.

I called in and nicely asked for the $77/year deal. She quickly informed me that the $77 deal was two years old and to not believe what I read on the internet. She asked what I would do if I could not get a better rate than their 'normal' rate. I said I would not continue the service. She immediately offered up 5 months for $20 (plus fees/taxes). I asked if there was any way to extend that for an entire year and she offered up the $89 rate. For now, I'm sticking with the 5 month deal, but the full year is tempting just so I would not have to call in every 5 months.

Called to cancel $52/quarter. Was offered $89/year. No problems or hassles. Worked today for me (06/23/14)

just renewed for $24.99 for 5 months. I had 2 weeks at full price waived.

Was so easy - Promo is $114 for the year for the XM Select plan. Got my bill down from $200. Worth the 5 minutes to call! (and be nice to the customer service rep.!)

A lot more aggressive in the US, Sirius Canada offers $20/mos for the most basic package no budging.

I just did this and he said I don't qualify for $77 plan because I came off the 5months/$25 plan. I said is there something else they can do or I will cancel. He offered one year at $108 including fees, so I took it.

Same thing every renewal....My invoice is $202 for another year. Only after my radio is shut off for non payment are they willing to give me a lower price. It took about an hour of my lunch break and three transfers ( to the right person ) and I finally got the $89 special. I have been a customer for the past 8 year so I am getting good at this!

Just renewed at a total of 108 for the year. They waved the 2 dollar invoice fee and waved the 2 months of 'Regular service costs ' associated with the account. Will pay asgain using a cashiers check .. Remember if you use a personal check they will auto renew directly out of the acct in a year by using your routing number from the check .....

I had a 6 month promo just end. The rep initially offered me all access for 6 months for 49.99, but then stated 5 months for 25.00 but added a free month. Grand total was 31.96 for 6 months with royalty fees and taxes.

Back