How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Guys when you call, dont tell the csr that you want to get a promotional price coz csr's are not allowed to give promotions if the customer didn't receive any emails or mails for a promo or else csr's get fired and we don't want other people to lose their jobs. You only need to say the magic words ' i want to cancel because of the price' and we then transfer you to the cancelations team who has the power to give you promos :)

As a rep we sometimes get tired of your haggling crap and will go ahead and cancel your service then if you want it back you will have to pay a reconection fee. be nice to your rep you will get more flies with honey then with pissy attitudes

Renewal was $184.50 for XM Select. Called number shown here, told them I needed reduced rate or would need to cancel. Immediately offered 50% off for 1 year ($89 total). Hate the process, but it works!

I called because I was auto-renewed at 100$ for a year without notice (was told last time I would NOT be auto-renewed which this rep told me was a blatant lie). I was calm, polite, and without even mentioning a cancellation or renewal or anything was given 6 months for $25.

Definitely works. My bill was $209 for 1 year of select. I called and pleasantly said that it was way too much and I would need to cancel. I was not transferred to another department and the original rep immediately offered the $89 for 1 yr plus royalties and taxes. $120ish total. He had used the word 'options' so I aske what other things they could do. He freely offered up the $45 for 6 months (same relative monthly price) but seemed a bit reluctant to go farther. When i asked if that was it he threw in the 5 months for $25 which is what I went with. They would only drop the $2 invoice fee if I opted for credit card charging. Amazing you have to jump through the hoops but glad I did. Thanks!

Just got this deal. 6 months for $24.99 (total was $28.11 inc tax). This was for the XM Select package...they did not have one for the all access package.

Just called and got mine renewed for $25/6mos! He was very nice. No dickering.

I'm on the Sirius Select Package. Received annual renewal and called to cancel due to price. Received offer of $89/yr.

Just called and got the $89 for 12 months rate. They sent my invoice out on the day it expired and so by the time I got it and took a few days to open it, it was 12 days overdue. when they quote you your total price, make sure to have them break down the taxes and fees. I was paying a premium price for the period between when it expired and today. When I complained about that, just hoping to get an adjustment, they waived that fee entirely.

She said with the 12 month subscriptions, they send a notice one month before expiration, so hopefully, I won't be in this situation next year.

Hope that helps.

Absolutely no haggling or problem. Asked for the rate of $5/month, and he put all 6 subscriptions on one bill, gave me credit for the one i was operpaying on, and has the new car set up to get the $5/month when the trial ends. Piece of cake!

Thanks much. I simply called and told them that the renewal price was too high compared to my previous $95 plan for Select. The rep was pleased to renew me for a year for $89. No haggling necessary.

Guest, thank you for your input - we'd just lost our Sirius and the renewal rate was out of our price but we just got it put back on by following the directions here - must be a tax difference cause ours is $28,11 for 5 months which is great.

Called to cancel subscription that was automatically taken out of my account without notification $108.57 (6 mos.). CSR was very apologetic and credited my account...3-5 day of business before it shows a credit. CSR offered a 6 months subscription for $30.15 including sales tax and they will invoice me. I am very happy I made the phone call.

Well, I have a free trial for internet only, and would like to keep it, but not at $14.99 a month, just don't need that many channels etc. I called twice and they will offer no special pricing for internet only listeners, so I told them to cancel and they seemed fine with losing a customer :-( Oh well, I was willing to keep it at a lower cost perhaps, but spoke to 2 people and they both said no.

Just called my renewal rate for 1 yr was quoted $ 184.05- Advised my rate last year was @ $89.00 and not willing to renew unless I could get better deal. Rep put me on hold for better offer able to match the $ 89.00 for 1 year

Just called.said i wanted to discuss my renewal,immediately offered 51% off for year. i dont drive as much now, so wanted a deal on the phone app sub.offered 6 months for $44 including the howard stern and premium channels

Back