How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Renewal rate was going to be $180. Cancelled told them not going renew at that rate said nothing could be done so we said to cancel and then they said they could do a year at $89. Yahoo! Thanks for the posts everyone it really helps!

i JUST DID IT, got 89.00 for 12 months with taxes and fees 104.00.. always works, every year

I called to cancel to avoid the rates going up and was offered 19.99 for five months. I took it. I had been paying 24.99 for five months. I'm very happy with 4.00 per month. This is the best deal I have been offered over the three years I have been a subscriber.

I called the phone number that I was given (866-653-2349) when I got my last promotional rate and the CSR said he had never heard of the $77/yr promotional rate. I told him I may have to cancel my account and he said 'please call us back tomorrow' to let them know. So I found this posting online and used the 888-601-6302 phone number you included. The CSR did indeed offer me the $89.00/yr rate, as well as a 6 mo. and 5 mo. rates. I elected the 1 yr plan and am happy with saving 50% off of the standard rate. Thanks so much for everyone's post!! It really did work!!

Cool, It's working for me too!!

$19.99 for 5 months - or $22.63 (after taxes & fees).

After he came at me with the $25 for 5 months...I told him that my wife had heard from a friend that she was able to renew for $19.99 for 5 months...he put me on hold and then came back and told me they could do it.

I wonder if any one can get them down to $14.99 for 5 months!!

:-)

Yes It works I just Called in and Change My Subscription to the XM Select and its $24.99 for 6 months. A One time Charge of 24.99 plus tax which came out to $30.00...THANK YOU!!!! No more Monthly charge until Dec 14 2014

Got 5 months renewal for $20.10. Had to say that I would cancel before they starting negotiating. They started out at $ 189.00. Told them that I was on a budget and at that price could not pay that. They put me on hold several times and had to call another number. It was worth all of the back and forth because I ended up with $4.00 a month for 5 months. I have been a customer since 2006 but that did not matter to XM. Glad I found this post.

Told them that I received the 19.99 for 5 month promo in the mail. Told them wife threw the promo offer away though when asked about it. Total after taxes and fees = $25.71

Went from $192.50 for one year, to $107 for one year, to $24 for 5 months, all in about 3 minutes.

This woman i spoke with wouldn't Budge at all on her $198 plus taxes for a year. I told her I would just cancel and she says she appreciated my service and wished me luck. I even told her my Dad used the promo and she says he got away with a good deal. I cancelled and am done with sirius. oh well.

Called told them I wasn't going to waste his time playing games. That I wanted the 5mo/$25 deal. Said one moment and then gave me 6mo for $25.

This worked just fine. My pkg. was for $89 but the misc taxes etc. brought it to $106. vs. my original bill of $187. I didn't push for a further discount. This was there first offer.

what a fiasco renewed one car for 3 yrs at regular rate over 500, then they wanted another 346 for the second car for 3 years. I read online and went nuts. we have had xm for 10 years and never offered any deal of any kind
just went crazy with the company and got 2 one year deals at 99 each for the two cars and will be refunded almost 300 for what was previously paid.
thank you for the comments. definitely price shop each year

The last couple of renewals I've had luck getting $86/yr rate, but I just spent 20 minutes going back and forth with the rep asking for a better deal than the $186 renewal or I would cancel. He came back with $30 off, I asked if he could do $50 and I'd renew early. After putting me on hold yet again, he came back with a NO. I told him he just lost a customer for $20. Sick of haggling with them and their lousy cust service.

Well, after having had an XM Radio since 2006, they sent me a bill for $185 and I refused to pay that much! (It was more than what I had ever paid!) I had been calling the number in the renewal package they sent and even chatted with a few people, and they wouldn't budge. So, I used your advice and VOILA, my bill was now $98 for the entire year! Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

Worked for me. I got the $89 for 1 year. It took less than 5 minutes. CSR was great!

Back