How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just renewed after 25 minutes on the phone. I had to go to cancel the account and then negotiate with them. Finally was able to get the 5 months for $25 plus tax total around $30. Wish it was easier!!

Got the $99/year tax in deal without credit card on file
Would have been $5/month for five month with credit card

I told SiriusXM (Canada) that I did not want to renew when the subscription expires. She said okay and didn't try to sell me anything. Then I noticed a $44.60 charge on my credit card. When I called to inquire about the charge she said it was a cancelation fee. I said I had not canceled I wanted to let the subscription expire. They refunded the charge. I am now waiting for their offers to come.

Great advice all. Like others, they offered $99/year. I asked her about the $89.00 = fees rate I negotiated last year and she said that expired June 2016. Then she offered $45 for 6 months. I took that. It comes to about $52 total.

It took me 2 calls over 2 days to get the $25 fees= $30.45 for 6 months. The first person told me I had already used up my $25 promotion previously and she could only give me 6 months for $54.51. She took a lot of time, but came back with no better offer. I will think about it. Today I called and after saying I want to cancel because it does not fit my budget, I then asked for the $25 for 6 months offer. This person said he could do that, and after offering 2 other deals that were not as good, he gave me the $25 fees deal. So perseverance really does work.

4/12/16
Renewed for 28.46 including tax and fees for 6 months. All I did was turn down the 1st two offers and mentions the 6 month deal.

Got the $25.00 for 5 months after simply refusing the first offers. Thank you all.

I renew every 6 months for the 25.00 plus tax rate. I have done that for the past 2 years. I just set a remember on my calendar to remind me to call in to cancel the package, they always offer the same rate. people pay more cause they just don't know, that kind of deal works for Direct TV. after the contract is over you you can sign up for any of the new customer packages once again, just tell them that you will cancel the account if they don't offer you the same rate your 'friend' sign up for. Works every time.

OMG! I called 2 hours ago and they said I was not eligible for any discounts....hung up and was thinking of what I was going to cut to get this bill down. They were charging me $214. I just came across this website and just got off the phone. Told them I wanted to cancel and the guy said 'well it just so happens your qualified for $99 for 1 year' Holy Moly! Thanks! Will do this each year!

Thanks to everyone for this great info! Just renewed my 'Select' plan for $25 fees for 5 months. As prior writers have said - just set a renewal reminder for 5 months. No hassle from the customer service rate (they initially offered $99 a year, then $45 for 6. But after asking for the $25 for 5 they said no problem.

Just got All Access at $119. That includes fees and taxes which is normally about $15 more. Have them ask a supervisor to get lower rate. The supervisor is the one who can waive the royalty fees and taxes

I just received my renewal in the mail after a year free subscription (new Jeep). Monthly listed as $17.99, 6 months $35.94 and 1 year $118.85. (Amounts are base price plus fees and taxes) so I don't really see anyone getting any killer savings from anyone posting here just for 'asking for a supervisor'

Just Called Spoke with supervisor.
the Best they can do is what I had Last Year with All Access 119 Tax
Asked for the $99/all access but they said not a deal.
Asked for the 119 with no Tax or Fee but wouldn't do.

Will call back in a day or two.

is that 5 months for 25 deal for the all access one? With Howard Stern the sports stations etc?

San Jose, CA - My call was 10 min 46 sec. I renewed for the Select plan at $28.46 for 6 months ($25 for 6 months fees), again. I do this every 6 months, this is probably the 4th or 5th time. Thanks for posting your offers!

got all access for $49.99 for 6months and $25 for my other one...pays to call and ask..

Back