How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

28 Bucks total for 5 months....... No Stern or Nascar. Have them remove credit card info after paying the 28.00 and there is no risk of renewing automatically...

Called in to get the same rate as I was getting. $25 for 6 months. She asked me what I would do if I didn't get that rate and I said I would cancel. She checked and said I could have the same rate. I will call again in 6 months.

I just called and told them the latest price of 218.55 was too expensive and asked if they had a better deal. I was told they could offer me the $99 rate plus taxes/fees. $117 with taxes/fees.
It's soo stupid we have to play these games every year. Last year it was $89 and a few years back it was $77. But every year they send me a bill for more than $200.

Just got off the phone - renewed at $24.99 with taxes for $29.91 for 6 months. My renewal bill came in the mail for $109.76 for 6 months

I just called the 866-635-2349 , got computer first and said i wanted to cancel , then i got an offer for .99 plus tax for a year. Told her i heard of a special for 25.00 for 6 months , i held for approval , funny for 6 seconds and i got the rate. So easy :)

Just called with no hassle at all, call was probably max of 5 minutes. 6 months for $30.04 after fees and taxes for 6 months.

SO... I have All Access and and did not agree with the renewal rate of 287. Called the number and just inquired about when the account is set to cancel. She asked why and I told her it was the cost. She immediately offered me the 119 rate without hesitation! definitely will set the calendar for 12 months to do again. BTW...I went straight to the cancellation option when calling in the number. She also started the new contract the day that my old subscription was scheduled to expire!!! Good luck!

Just got 6 month subscriptions to Sirius All Access for approximately $56 and XM Select for approximately $28 - both including taxes/fees and a few days of credit from prior subscription. Call took 5 minutes and there was no hassle. I just said I was thinking about canceling unless I could get the same rate I had previously. The 6 month subscriptions are cheaper than the 12 month, but of course you have to call more often...

I've been playing this game with them every year, but I always chisel them for a little bit more. If you tell them the service is a luxury, you can save money by streaming Pandora or Spotify, and that you will only renew if your price out the door is $X ($150 in my case), they get the point. My billing ends up like this:

119.99 All Access
23.94 Sirius Traffic
16.66 Music Royalty Fees
7.34 Tax
-20.06 Manual Credit (Manager must Apply)

Total = $147.87

Once you've done it a few times, they can see the history - It usually takes no more than 15 minutes on the phone, but the regular price for this combo is over $320/year.

I have had Sirius for probably 15 years or whenever it first started. I've had 5 different radios with them and several at the same time. Tonite is the 1st time I actually had to really cancel due to 'no promotions on my account back-to back'. WTH? I have always had promos every time. I was on hold for more than an hour total after 5 different calls. I was very polite. I don't think I will renew now even if they call me tomorrow to 'offer me a promotion.' It's ok, I have Pandora at work and on my phone now.

the 5 month promo at $25 breaks down to $5/month.
the 12 month promo at $99 breaks down to $8.15/month.

when they offered the two plans, i asked her 'if you're paying $10/month for a gym, why would you do a year contract for $150?'

they dropped another $20 for me, to offer $80/year.

Just called. Asked for cancellation. Said I needed last year's $99 special pricing, no argument. Took 6 mins with first person who took the call.

Just called & they wouldn't offer to renew the old plan of $25 /6 mo. so I told them to cancel. Let's see what happens next.

just negotiated 6 months for $24.99 after I had cancelled my subscription a few days prior. I was tough, they tried to sneak in the invoice charge, but I told them no deal. Had to talk to at least 3 people, but don't give up, don't let them tell you that it's not available. Just be nice but firm, they want the business!!

Call resulted in $30.00 for 6 mos. same as prior contract. Can live with that. No hassells very polite.

this really works. I have been playing this game with them for a couple of years. It is a luxury and I dont need it. I am happy with the radio. But for my husband I keep it in the car. 99.00 a year plus taxes and fees was less than 120.00

Today, I received an annual automatic payment reminder for $218.55. Last year, I paid $101.22. I called tonight to see what they would say. They basically was ready to cancel me. I asked what the last day to call to cancel since it was quite time to cancel and I was transferred to another department. The lady I spoke with asked why I wanted to cancel. I told her that I was not paying double for the same service. She said that, if I wanted, I could pay $99 plus taxes and fees for one year. This brought my bill down to $119.53. Then I was told that I had a credit of $115??? So, my bill for one year is now $3.92 and I gladly accepted. No complaints here!

Back