How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I just called today and got the select plan for $25.69 for six months. It is a pain to call them but I was billed $204.88 for the full year.

I had a yearly subscription for $89 that had expired (I requested a paper invoice as opposed to auto-renewal). I told them I wanted a shorter term than a year (preferably six months). They mentioned the there was a $10.99/month plan, so I explained that wasn't as good a deal as the $89/year deal I had before. Then I mentioned a coworker recently got 6 months for $25. He put me on hold then said he could offer that deal, but the total would be approx. $58 ($25 for the 6 months, and $14.99 for the past two months since they were outside of my old 1 year plan.

I told him I don't want to pay the $14.99 for those two months as I hadn't chosen to renew the service yet and that if I have to, I'll just not renew and let them deactivate my service. At this point he asked if I just wanted to pay the $25 plus fees for 6 months, and I said yes. He comes back and says his supervisor or whoever said it was fine to charge me only the $28.47 total for six months.

I never got any pushback on anything, I just had to explain a few time why I didn't like the deals they were offering me ($200 for a year, $89 for a year, $10.99/month, $14.99 for the two months after my subscription was up).

Also of note, I had not responded to the paper invoice or emails to renew my subscription. Today I got an automated call saying due to an outstanding billing issue, my service would be disrupted within 48 hours, and to please call back and make a payment. I think you will have much more negotiating power in the future if you request a paper invoice and do not authorize auto-renewal (and state you are only authorizing a one-time payment and you do not want them to store your credit card information). I feel like this way they are negotiating to receive payment, as opposed to your negotiating to get a lesser payment or money back if your subscription already renewed. And for what it is worth, I really was ready to walk away if they wouldn't give me the deal I wanted

I just got a deal of $24.99 for 5 months. Tell them that is the deal you want or you will have to cancel. If they try to put on extra charges tell them that is not okay. 2/23/16

This doesn't include internet streaming unless you pay them for a year at $10 a month for all access.

Just called. Was on 5/25. Said wanted to cancel due to cost and was offered select plan for $99 fees and taxes. Asked about app and Internet and was offered all access for $119 fees and taxes. Said that was out of my range and he came back with $60 and change for 6 months of all access and that INCLUDED fees and taxes. Add $2 for invoice. Got a better deal than the year price because fees and taxes were included and only had to go 6 months. Great cuz, while I might not mind paying $120 year, being able to break it up into 2 payments flies a lot better with my wife :-D

UPDATING - to make clearer. Just called (Feb 24, 2016). Was on 5/25 plan. Said wanted to cancel due to cost and was offered select plan for $99 plus fees and taxes. Asked about app and Internet and was offered all access for $119 plus fees and taxes. Said that was out of my range and he came back with $60.73 for 6 months of all access and that INCLUDED fees and taxes. Add $2 for invoice. Got a better deal than the year price because fees and taxes were included and only had to go 6 months. Great cuz, while I might not mind paying $120 year, being able to break it up into 2 payments flies a lot better with my wife :-D

wouldnt give me 6 months deal for $25. Instead gave me what I had last - 5 months deal for $25. better than $50 for 6 months or $99 for 12 months.

I had a free 3 or 6 month subscription when I bought my car. When it expired, I thought it was way too much and didn't renew. I continued to receive offers in the mail until I finally received a 6 month offer for $29.94. I did not call a customer service rep, but now that my subscription has termed again, I might call again!

I called today and ask to cancel my subscription. I was given several offers. I declined each one until the phone rep offered the $25.00 deal for 5 months. I accepted this offer.

It works! One phone call, just said I couldn't afford the $100 and got 5 months for $25 but had to pay about $3 additional in tax and fees. Yea!

HEY HEY HEY I just called and IT WORKED IT REALLY DID, I called said I wanted to cancel she checked my account ask why, Told her I could not afford the price gave me 6 months for $29.91 so I am HAPPY. Thank you all for your post :)

Didn't get any of the deals below. Only offered $99 14% tax 14%royalties.

Cancelled subscription. After 8 years of being a customer!!

Just called in to cancel and was offered a 1 year $99 deal. With taxes and fees, the total was $112.49. Thank you!

It worked like a charm. I was on a select plan paying just shy of $20/month. Also, in my car I need an external unit because it's not built into my factory radio. I called in to cancel because I was paying too much and I also needed a new radio for my car(the LED on mine is seriously faded). I priced out new the onyx plus at best and with needed accesories was going to cost me $90. The rep on the phone offered me first the $99 plan. Told him e still too expensive. Then with no hesitation dropped down the $25 for 5 months. After talking for a couple minutes he told me i could not get Howard stern on the onyx plus because it's considered an XM radio unless I went with a higher plan. After looking he offered me $50 for 6 months. i still hesitated. He then said he can send me out a brand new Stratus 7 free of charge and sign me up for the $25/5month plan. It's not the receiver I really wanted but it save me $90 for new equipment plus the subscription costs. Whole thing took 11 minutes.

What is the best deal I can get with an XM branded radio? I called in for the 6 for 25 deal and the rep said No Problem. Then said it was not possible because I had an 'XM' radio. 'Sirius' radios can only get that deal. So it's 6 months for 25$ for the XM select package with includes Howard channels with a Sirius radio...If you have an 'XM' radio and get XM select, Howard is not included. So...I have an XM radio and would like the cheapest deal that includes Howard Stern. What are my options if anyone could help please. Man I hate this company, so Shady. One company with one SiriusXM moniker, yet have 2 different radios with different packages and prices.

Back