How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

FWIW, I was able to get 5 mo for $25 (not including taxes and fees - w fees = $29.88). I did not need to do any haggling with the operator at the number listed above. I called a couple of days ago to cancel at the 866 number they give you and I was told this plan was no longer available. So ... Try the 888 number, maybe it works better.

Bill came in at $273 for renewal for one car, premium channels and on-line access. Was given $120 $16 in fees, but with credit for renewal received a $25 credit. new rate changed renewal date. Cut monthly price in half from $22 to $11 or $132. Thank you.

I read many other comments on here from several people and thought it best to make a call as I did NOT realize there were any price deals and was not at all happy with my bill of $25.00 per MONTH. yeah you read that right. It was on a deal when I first got it a few years ago but came out but monthly charges come out and someone else took care of banking so that was that. Now I looked into it and saw these deals and about lost it so I called. I mentioned my situation to the young lady and she was very pleasant. She not only seemed to feel the situation but offered me a year for $119 instead which sounded much better to me, especially for the FULL package of ALL channels on Sirius. All I said was, you've got to do better than that, like a $50 dollar special. She then said she could offer me $50 for 6 months. The only thing is was that I would have to call them before the 6 months is up to make sure I could 'roll the price over' for the next six months! It will not automatically roll over and if I don't do it, it will then go up much more to a monthly charge. This is where Sirius will get you ! So make sure everyone!! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! Good luck too and THANK YOU for the idea and help on this one. You all have saved me money and negotiations were not at all bad or a problem. Just tell the Customer Service person what YOU want to do, that's all. We all are here to save money.

I let my subscription run out so when I called back, they wanted me to pay $25 for the one month they left the radio on and then they would work on a new deal. I will either not sign up again or wait for a while.

Called today, initial rep could only offer me $180 for the year, was transferred to another department ( in future if you call the phone number and hit 1 for English and 2 for the customer relations department). Soon as I spoke to a second rep in this department she was able to offer me the $99 for the year no problem.

Has anyone tried to get a discount on Sirius Internet radio? I just called and asked to get the 6 months for $25 deal and was told that they do not offer any deals on Internet radio, only satellite radio with a system set up in your car. So I asked to cancel my service and they did nothing to stop me. Very annoyed! I guess I will set up another trial account

I got 6 months for a total of 27.72. Select package. Demand the music fee be credited back on your account. But, if your trial subscription is still on, don't call until it cuts off! Be sure you know when your subscription is going to end, and take your credit card off the account so it cannot automatically renew. Good luck! Keep trying until you get them down!

Got the same as most people... Threaten to cancel, get offered $99/yr, say no, then a $49/6 months offer, and finally they offer 5 months for $25. Kind of ridiculous you have go through this. If they would just tell me $60 or so per year, auto renewing, it would save all of us a lot of headaches.

Got the 6 months/$49.99 deal just by asking for it. First renewal following free trial with my new car, so maybe that's why it was no hassle. They did get me for a total of $66.57 for the six-month term, including fees and taxes, but I didn't feel like arguing over $2.50 more a month. Maybe a $2 invoice fee too, but I'll live with that. They say they'll 'automatically' renew at the end of the six months at 'existing rates' (meaning higher), but (1) they'd have to bill me, since I didn't give them a card number, and (2) I'll just call them before expiration. Took less than five minutes.

Just received 6 months for $25 (plus fees) by calling the number above. Cheers!

Asked for 6 months for $25, they came back at $99 for the year, I said cancel then they agreed to repeat my previous 5 months for $25.

just obtained 6 months for 35.33 all fees and taxes included. Stay strong and be prepared to spend 30 minutes on the phone.

Unreal. Just select cancel service option. Tell them to ask their supervisor for whatever you want to pay. I told him under $100 total. I paid $100.87 total with fees/taxes for 1 year

I just called and got 5 months for $25 plus tax. Ridiculous to have to play this game every few months.

Called and got one year for $120.87 ($99 taxes and fees - $2 invoice fee for CC payment). They also waived a past due amount of $27 (I was dragging my feet to renew). They could not back date the new agreement so I asked if they could waive it. They did. Great site!

So glad I found this website with this great advice! Just saved myself a lot of $$ on my renewal. I asked for the 6 month/$25 but was told they could only offer 5 months at $25 for a total of $31.07. This was much better than the $14.99 a month plus taxes & fees they quoted me first! Thanks again!

Called to cancel. They offered me 1 year at 99, declined. Then they offered 6 months for 45. Declined. She then offered 5 months/25. Accepted. 9 minutes total. Worth it! My original payment would have been 204 for the year!

Back