How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

$89 for Select (includes Howard), $106 with taxes and fees for one year.
Phone time, two calls, 25 minutes total. Hundreds of pounds of BS.

OMG THANK YOU!! I read all the comments thinking they were bogus. I just made the call told them I can't afford, they suggested a 99 deal and couple others, but then I got my 5 months for $25 deal. On phone for maybe 10 minutes. I'm one happy camper!!! (my first time responding to a blog...so happy I had to share!)

What will it take for SiriusXM to just lower the annual subscription price? There is so much competition today with the ability to stream audio through your phone, wouldn't it make sense to just lower the price. This would keep more existing customers and probably get a lot of new customers. I've been doing this cancellation-or-discount exercise for at least seven years and I'm getting tired of it.

I just had a 12 minute call. I stated that I enjoy their service but money was tight - what plans are available? They first quoted $99/12 months, then $45/6 months. When I asked about a 5 month plan, they came up with $25/5 months. Yes, I will have to do this again in 5 months, but I think it is worth it for the price. Very pleasant conversation actually.

You go thru this every year and nothing changes. Talk to 5 different reps and you get 12 different prices. I understand why they are not in the US. They would be arrested.

Had to call twice. 1st time got flat out rejected. Second call took total of 10 minutes. She started with 1 yr @ $200, then dropped to 1 yr for $120, but finally got 5 months @ $30 which includes taxes and fees. Overall fairly painless process

I traded my 2013 Nissan Altima for a 2015 Honda CR-V in November. I had always been able to get the $25 for 5 months rate. My 90-day free trial on the Honda is expiring February 3. I called and tried to negotiate the same deal as the Nissan. No dice. They said no promos on the Honda, just $14.99/month ($179.88/yr.)

I have $17.46 credit for the unused portion of my Nissan contract. I asked them to apply to give added weeks. No dice either. I told them to send me a check and cancel me. I don't know if they will call back or not. It did not sound hopeful.

25 min call. $113 annual and 5 month for $25 plus tax. very easy. no arguing necesary

8 minutes on the phone. Had to talk to supervisor but got $99 for a year. Didn't want to deal with calling back in 5 months. Just don't take no for an answer.

I just had a 10 minute call and requested to cancel. Was first offered 99 for a year plus taxes. I refused and was offered $24.99 for 5 months. I said if they can make it 6 months, I would take the deal. Done!

Have any Canadian customers been able to get deals after the six-month introductory offer is done? Sirius just quoted me about $95.00 (CDN) for another six months, once my current subscription ends in March. I spent about ten minutes chatting on-line with a rep yesterday who claimed there was absolutely no way he could give me a better price. I asked how long I'd have to wait for another promo deal if I quite the service and was told I'd never get another promo rate, ever! Ha! I was skeptical, and found this site today. Again, anyone in Canada getting better deals than what they've been quoted at or just before renewal time?

How do you get connected to someone versed in English?
I just spent 13 minutes being transferred around most of south America.
FRUSTRATING company.

I was told 99 a year for 3 radios..I told them to cancel my service.. They said they were talking to a supervisor.. Gave me 89.99 per radio.. 106 total per radio

I've been doing this for almost 2 years now, wrks every time. They even waived my past due balance of $28.39. Started with the $99 deal for a year, then offered me the $50 deal for 6 months. I told them it was too much and asked about the 5 months/$25 deal. After being 'put on hold so she can speak with a supervisor' I was approved.

I just had a 14 minute call and renewed both of my radios at the $25 for 5 month deal rate. They started with the $99 for one year deal but I told them no - I would cancel both radios if not given the same $25 deal I had. The Customer Service Rep Marcus was able to do that rate himself without even putting me on hold. It sucks that we have to call every 5 months but it was 14 minutes well spent to renew both of our cars. You just have to ask for this deal!

I always renew with the All Access for $49 for 6 months. It's $56 with fees. Cheaper than $143 (year price with fees).

I called just now to cancel and said I'd stay for the same price....no questions asked, they renewed me. On the phone less than 10 mins.

Same as everyone... I already had the $25/5mo plan... simply called the day before it expired and said 'Hi, just want to make sure I can renew for another 5 months at the same rate I've had. If not, I'll just go ahead and cancel.'

Had to be transferred once, as I hd apparently called the activation number first.

Second rep was very nice... said she had to check the deal and after just a minute... said I'm good at $25/5mo again. There was a small fee for the royalty tax, but I'm happy to pay that. It's the only way the musicians actually get money from Sat radio.

So I'm in on Select for another 5 months at $5/mo.

Quick question... does anyone have a good deal going that they get renewed for the full-channel plan? Seems everyone only has Select.

Just curious.

I am going to try this tomorrow! I want the $25 for 5 months deal. For the last two years, I have been paying $100 for 12 months. $25 sounds MUCH better.

Got the $25 for 5. Told them I was cancelling due to the renewal price. The rep offered the 1 year price. I said no but mentioned the $25 deal. Accepted without issue. I think it helped that I would have been fine with cancelling.

Back