How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I am on the phone right now with them. I am cancelling for good. This is a great day! I hate having to do this yearly song-and-dance. Will be streaming my music from di.fm, and listening to news online from now on.

I attempted to close our account when the subscription expired. The original sales rep said that she needed to transfer me to another department. After 45 minutes on hold, I hung up.

Two weeks later, I received a call from them stating that I now had a balance accruing. I called them again with the same result.

I had an excellent experience with Capital One about a year ago, so I gave them a call. Even though there was no transaction dispute involving the credit card, the sales rep was able to find a phone number for SiriusXM (888-601-6296). I don't know which department this goes to, but we had a representative on the phone in less than 5 minutes that was able to cancel our account and credit our account.

AWESOME !!!
Thanks for a great tip.
The breakdown:
They called me to renew - (my credit card had a new 3-digit code, so they needed a new one from me). I ask them about better deals...nope, it's $200/year.
So I check this site, call them back, tell them I'm canceling can't do it for that price, ask if they can do the $120 all access per year? Instant yes.
NOTE: they added taxes and fees, it's actually like $137. Still better than $199 or $199 taxes and fees, whatever the normal thing is.

This was great. She had to 'check with her supervisor' but I got it! 5 mo for $25!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! After some back & forth and my mentioning a site that many listeners had been given the $25 for six months, the rep came back from talking with her supervisor and gave it to me, too!

It works $99.00 plus fees of about $20- amounts to about half price --Thanks everyone

For the life of me I don't understand what part of 'I'll keep it if you match my current price' these people don't understand. I have service both at home and in a car. I go through this song and dance every 6 months, it's frustrating as hell. Currently paying about $55 for both radios combined, with Select in the car and All Access at home. Been doing this for 3 years. Every time I have to renew, I call to cancel, they offer me a high price to stay, then a slightly lower one, and then again. I keep telling them I'll keep it at my current price or lower, they tell me they would have to override the system, I tell them I don't care what they have to do, either same price or I'm happy to cancel. They hem and haw some more, put me on hold, come back with another, more expensive offer, I refuse and tell them to cancel, they tell me the discount I had previously is no longer available, I tell them to cancel, they then magically come up with a deal that approximates $25 for each radio for 6 months. The paperwork and repeating the deal for their recording usually takes another 10 minutes. All in all, I'm stuck on the phone with them for 30 minutes. Total waste of time, in all honesty I hardly use the service, but for about $8 a month, total, I'll keep it for the few times I get to laugh with Stern. Love you, Howard, but you're not worth this nonsense. Buying radio service for your car shouldn't be as much of a painful negotiation as actually buying the car.

Am I missing something? Satellite radio sounds like garbage? I've had trials in three cars in the last three years and cannot believe how bad the sound is.

FM radio sounds better to me.

And given that ALL OF US have smartphones we can just stream whatever we want from there.

And it the sound quality is superior.

Why are we paying for an inferior product? Even if we get it for a drastic discount?

Thx for continuing thread.. My 2nd trial period was set to expire on Tuesday so after reading comments from this week, the negotiation was pretty simple. After expressing my limited use of Sirius to/from work and inclination to cancel, they offered 1 year for $99. I held out for $89 plus tax but sales rep said that offer expired last year and best they could do was 99.. I declined and said I'd call back tomorrow to cancel she then offered 6 months at $ 48 but that was no deal , merely 50% of rate and time of 99/ year. Before hanging up, I suggested that I would keep the service if they renewed my same deal of $25 for 5 months Deal

I just renewed my subscription it took 30 minutes out of my life I want get back I felt with 4 different people 2 women who were very nice and 2 men that refused to work with me at all it took telling them to cancel my subscription to get the 25 dollar price something that should have took 2 minutes takes 30 that's rediculas

Yes, this still works, and I've been doing this for years. I've had Sirius in various automobiles since 2009 and call every year right before renewal to get a discount. I was concerned because a coworker recently called to renew his subscription after the trial period in a new car and he said they wouldn't offer him a discount at all. They just offered me the $99 one year deal.

I've been doing this cancellation dance since 2008 with no issues. I always got the 50% off deal. This past month I called to cancel, and I said I'd keep my subscription at current rate...said they had no current deals, blah, blah, blah. In the end, to my surprise, they actually let me cancel without offering me jack squat. The guy was a total PITA, trying to convince me to renew in every imaginable type of way, EXCEPT for lowering the price. I didn't really need the service, so I didn't care, but I can say I was surprised they let a 8-year customer just walk away.

I just got:

01/25/2016-12/25/2016 SiriusXM Travel Link® 12 Month $5.97
01/25/2016-12/25/2016 Sirius Traffic 12 Month 11.97
01/25/2016-12/25/2016 Sirius Select 12 Month 24.99

I refused the first 2 offers and then was offered the above. Good luck

Be nice and have patience! Needed to be transferred to a supervisor. They offered me a year for $99,I told they no way because that was double of what I had been paying I have been currently paying $25 for 6 months. They looked again and offered me the $25 for 6 months It pays to do this before your expiration. Not too bad, it only took 20 minutes and that's because I was renewing 2 cars

Thanks - got the 5 months for $25 deal after only a little hemming and hawing. They also offered the 1 year at $99 and the 6 months at $48.

Hi everyone. What is the package that you are getting it for $89 or $99. Is it the 'all access' one or is it the 'Select' or some other package?

I just called and got the following pricing for each or our vehicles:
XM All Access 6 Month (49.99 6.95 = ~9.50/mo)
Sirius Select 5 Month (24.99 3.47 = ~5.69/mo)

Was as simple as saying give be the best deal per month or I am gone, no manager approvals, ....

Ridiculous company. Threaten to cancel and they jump through hoops to keep you. $99 bucks for the whole year. They are right behind used car salesmen. I would think they could find a senior management staff could actually manage a company.

I just called above number and told rep I wanted to cancel. Asked why and I just said couldn't afford the service anymore. Offered me 99.00 for a year I said no, offered 6 months for 49.00 I said no, and then I told her that was all too expensive that I have had 6 months for 25.00. She said ok let me look and then she said I qualified for 5 months for 25.00, total 29.70 with taxes and fees so I took the deal! I would have cancelled if not for the deal so I'm very happy because you really get used to hearing satellite radio! Thanks for this phone number!

Back