How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called today and before the saleslady got into the schpeel I sternly told her $100 a year, out the door,or good bye. Was put on hold for 5 mins...then all the sudden..hello sir, we can do that!...Ladies and gents, tell them, not they tell you. Not our problem they hired Stern for 10million a year..

I called to calcel my subscription. I was offered the $99 promotion for one year. I declined. They came back with another promotion 6 months for $49.99. I decline. They came back with another offer of $5 per month for 6 months. I told them I appreciated the offers but if they can not honor my current subscription package that I would like to cancel. They placed me on hold for less than a minute and came back to say that the supervisor approved the 6 month for $25 plus taxes and fees. You have to be patient yet stern with them. They don't want you to cancel. They will pretty much give you what within reason.

Took less than 10 minutes. 99.00 total for a year. She had to put me on hold and check with supervisor. I. Kept telling her 99.00 or I didn't need it. Painless!

First off, thanks to all for this very helpful blog.

So, my experience today was 14.95/mo, then 112.76/yr, then 51.22/6 mo, then I accepted 29.99/5 mo (all plus tax, so my final was 33.98). Took less than 10 minutes, no 'on hold', all with same pleasant rep.

$25 for 6 months sounds good, BUT...that price is NOT locked in. The price can go up monthly. In small print, you must agree to 'pay the in effect' in each month. The project a 50% price increase over the 6 month period.

Called, said I was recently laid off but wished to keep the service, got it for 112.$ taxes in with the mobile app thrown in! Awesome! Ty so much

I called the above number and just got 6 months (car only) for $25 plus tax and royalty fee. Just told the CSR that I was trying to decide whether or not to renew - my subscription expires 1/11/16. He was very nice and there was no back and forth haggling! I didn't even have to play the Pandora or Bluetooth card. Woo hoo!

6 months for $54 - internet radio included. first offered $120 for a year.. said can you do better once.. i don't like to fight or be on the phone a long time for a few bucks. just remember to call back and 'cancel' in 6 months!

The price of $25 for 6 months IS locked in. You are paying ahead for the 6 months. You also have the option to remove your credit card from their file. You will just need to call them BEFORE your subscription expires or they will invoice you (a $2 charge) for your renewal. You will still have to call them anyway to negotiate their full renewal rate to what you want to pay.

Canadian - I called 877.438.9677 and said my trial is expiring and I can't afford 220 a year. She offered 6 months at $48 or 12 months @ $129. I asked what else she could do as that is still too much. Quickly came back with $10 a month for all access, internet, apps etc. I can expense this so I just accepted. Nice site! Thanks everyone.

I had to call twice this time only because I attempted every which way I could to get 2 cars for 160.26. They offered me one car at 99 but no discount on the second car! lol Then they said they would give me 6 months on the second car for 49.99. I said no because I would still have to call back in 6 months so I would be better off changing to the 6 months for 25.00 and the guy said no I couldn't have it so I said good bye. I called again right away and said I want to cancel. I couldn't get that deal for 160.26 for the two cars so I said I would just cancel. She said hold on and came back and said the best she could do was 5 months for 25.00 plus tax. on each car. I asked if it was locked in she said yes. No other charges so I just took this deal. I will call back in 5 months no problem and do it again to save 75% or more off each sub. I wish they would just lower their rates across the board and keep customers and maybe they would need less phone customer care folks to try and nickel and dime us ....

Called and got the regular rate renewal price- don't even remember what it was, but I wasn't paying full price. She offered a year for $89 or $99, dont remember. Or 6 months for something around $45. I said no, that it was outside my budget.

Lastly she offered 5 months for $25, I asked her to make it 6 months for $25. After she 'checked' she gave me the 6 months for $24.99 plus taxes.

The guy below me is totally wrong. I've been doing this for the last 3 years--calling and getting the promo discount....and I opt for 'invoice billing', thereby not providing a credit card or other account for automatic billing. That will add a $2.00 admin fee, but it's well worth it so they don't charge your card on the anniversary date at the regular price. The price IS locked in for the period, which in my case is 24.99 for 6 months...plus taxes...total comes out in the area of $27.xx -$28.xx. You do have to be firm in that you'll opt to cancel in lieu of paying that outrageous regular price. It's easy, and they're eager to sell the service.

I have received the $24.99 for six months for SiriusXM Select three times now. They resisted longer this time saying I could not do it again. I kept asking for a supervisor with authority. The third supervisor said nobody could give it to me so I asked to cancel. He sent me to the 'Cancellation Dept'. They offered me a deal of $30.33 for six months. Maybe I could get $25 but I took the $30.

You guys aren't kidding. I don't usually like to haggle, but I wasn't about to pay $273 to renew. I called earlier today and asked about a renewal price and the man was very firm on the $273. I told him I'd call back when my subscription was up and I'd cancel. He told me that was fine. Then I found this site via Google and called back. I just got another year at the same promotional price I received last year, $120. Good enough for me!

Just called with no issue....
I opened the convo stating that my budget did not permit a premium of $200 and that a friend had recently done a renewal at 6 months for $25. She granted with no problem at $30.44 with tax.

Their renewal was 273 for all access ... told them it was too much ... got my renewal (all access) for 120 for the year

Retail Me Not has the 6 months for $25 listed right on their site with a promo code you can use for new customers, or the coupon says you can call to receive from a customer service rep for existing customers.

Back