How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I'm a US customer.

Just got off the phone. Had 2 cars on the $89 special rate for last year per vehicle ($101 with 'fees' added). Due to autorenew on 1/21 for $204.88 per vehicle.

I told operator that I was not willing to pay $400 for the two vehicles. Only thing he offered was the $14.99 monthly for Select or $10.99 monthly for Basic.

I told him I'd like to stop the autorenew on the 21st, and he said 'ok'. I then asked about a $99 deal per vehicle that I'd read about on the internet, and he asked if I had received anything addressed to me personally. I said 'no, I just read about it on the internet.'

He said 'Don't you worry. [something unintelligible] If we send you a promo you can call this number and use it. I have set your radios to turn off on the 21st.'

He cancelled the autorenew and said 'Good day.'

Took about 9 minutes, but I did not get a deal.

I'll try calling back to see if I can get another deal and watch for a special coming via email or post.

When I call this number I get an error message 'your call cannot be completed as dialed'. Anyone else?

was already a customer under the 5 mos for 25$ which would end 1/21. Asked for the $89/ yr special. Told me that the special changed and had ended and went to $99 and that is for the select plan 165 channels. He told me the all access plan 175 channels and internet listening/app app was 119 so i chose that plan.
Select is 14.99 per month / 180 for yr plus fees and taxes.
All access is 19.99 per month / 240 for year plus fees and taxes.
Phone call took 7 min 3 of which was navigating through the prompts

After failing to get any discount other than the posted rates on the Sirius.com site, I called to 866-635-2349 number and went through several voice prompts not asked at the 888-601-6302 number. Got a nice gentleman in the midwest who offered me the 45% off full rate price of $99, plus $13.75 royalty, minus a 3 week credit (since plan goes thru 1/21/16), for a total of $108 per vehicle for 1 year.

So, it does appear that if you do not receive the offer you hope to at the original 6302 number listed above, try the second number ending in 2349 listed at the top of my (and other's) post.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their info and experiences.

Sirius is in serious trouble (ha ha) from the likes of Pandora and other services. They had better keep offering people good rates.

Just got 6 months for $58. The operated coached me to say that I was going to cancel because of the renewal price. Then instead of 5months for $25. I got 6 months plus internet streaming for 58.

I got 6 months of all access...all the premium channels. Includes access on my car, internet and app for $61.79 including fees and taxes. I was offered 5 months for $32.00 includes fees and taxes on the select plan but that was just in my car.

Just got an annual renewal notice for $273.22 :-0... Called the 1-888-601-6302 number above and asked for the $25.00 for 6 month deal. Was put on hold offered $99.00 for a year - declined and asked for the 6 month $25 deal again. Put on hold - offered $25 for 5 months. Said no - wanted 6 months for that. On hold again - came back and got the $25.00 for 6 month deal. After pro-rating my annual which expires on 02/07/2016 - the final cost for my 6 month plan was $7.96 :-) . So glad I called and it sure was worth the 20 minute phone call. Thanks for this post!!

Been offered the $99 plan but I only listen to 3-stations and make use of the weather feature (which in all honesty I can get on my phone, just like it on the car). Emailed their CS and will see what they will do.

Just called and was able to renew at $30.38 for 5 months/Select Subscription.

so called their 866-575-7474 number - they started at $214/year, went to $157, then $91.88 and the final lowest landed at $85 for the full year, one payment, all channels. took about 20 minutes, but worth it if you ask me

I just got the $99 plus a discount of the remaining portion of my prorated deal from last year
I only had to pay $85!!
sweet!!
thanks!

I call every 6 months to cancel when my promotion is up. After 4 separate offers that I refuse, they always offer me 6 months for around $30. Why would I even think about paying $14.99 a month when I can call and they will give it to me for $4 to $5 a month when I say I want to cancel? :-)

All Access for 12 months @ $119, about $132 out the door with taxes and fees. I did have to push the cancellation button before they would give me a deal.

Called today to cancel as my current deal expires on 1/8. They started at 1year/$99, said no, next offer was 6mos/$44 - said no to that one too. They then offered the same deal I currently have 6mos/$25.

If you do cancel then go back later I believe they will charge you a reconnect fee. Anybody know?

Two years ago, I paid $160.00 for two car radios. Last year, I paid $160.22 for the same deal. This year I was invoiced for $337.69 to renew. It took me two calls about a week apart, but I just got off the phone after agreeing to pay $160.26 (all fees and taxes included) for both radios for the next year. The first call (888-601-6302) was rather lengthy and, although I told them I would only pay what I had paid for the last two years, I could only get them to come down to $189. I told them I wouldn't pay that much and we concluded the call. Today's call to 866-635-2349 was simple. I asked for the $160 price and they agreed.

I call every 6 months a day or two before my promotion is up as well. Today I called 1-888-601-6302 and asked for the same deal that I had last time, wich was $49.99 for 6 months All Access plan. The rep asked me if I was calling to cancel because my renewal rate was too high, I said yes. I didn't even have to mention cancellation, she fed the line to me. I just had to say yes. The rep then offered me $119 for 12 months, told her 12 months was hard for me right now. She immediately offered $49.99 for 6 months, which is exactly what I had last renewal period. With taxes and fees, the total is $63.02

Just got 6 months for $30 .38 taxes and fees included. Took just over 15 minutes.

Darn! That was too easy. After he put me on hold for him to 'speak to his supervisor' he came right back and agreed to $99 for a full year.
I asked, and was considering adding for a regular radio, but, no deals there. Anybody get a deal adding a radio?

Back