How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I called the 888-601-6302 number one month after my current 'Select' subscriptions expired (one car, one radio), telling the operator I needed to cancel my subscriptions to cut my budget. She offered to renew me at $25 for five months. I countered that I would be willing to renew for what I paid previously, which was $25 for six months, which she agreed to. She indicated, however, that I would have to pay a total of $30 for the one month period that had passed since my subscriptions expired, to which I replied 'if that's the case, then lets just go ahead and cancel both subscriptions.' She then forgave the $30! So long story short, I was allowed to renew both radios at the previous billing amount of $25 each for six months ($30.10 with fees).

I was able to get XM Select at $99 / year plus tax and no auto renewal and send a paper invoice as my reminder to call back again next year. They tried to play the promo is only offered on certain radios, I replied that I could stream the same content via my smartphone from another carrier. 'That is all she wrote', I should have pushed for the $89, but I spend 2hrs in the car per day, it $99 was good enough for me.

100 bucks a year is fine, but I got 6 months for 25 bucks. they refund you after you get charged when you settle on a package. I feel like you kids getting it for more than 60/yr are getting taken.

I just got $29 for 5 months, and that includes fees. I was persistent, and when the lady held her ground, I mentioned that my 'friend' just called yesterday and got 6 months for $25. But this was the lowest I could get her.

Just got the $89 deal I got last year. They told me they only have a $99 deal, so I told them to give me a $10 credit to make it the same as last year.

Called 866-635-2349. $29.95 plus fees and taxes - $35.61 for 6 months, took about 20 minutes. This is for SiriusXM Select.

I drive a ton for my job- like 4 hours a day. Mine auto renewed recently for about $200.

I called today and canceled. They tried to offer me better deals but I stuck to my plan and they are refunding me my money. I will just break out my CDs again.

I tried to cancel and say it was to budget. The rep flat out said I'm sorry to hear and preceded in trying to cancel my membership. She didn't even try to get me to stay as a customer!

Thanks for the tips and comments, everyone. I got an auto renewal bill for $220 for the select plan. I called to cancel my subscription. When the rep asked why, I told her it was because it was just too expensive. They offered me the $99/yr promotional rate. With taxes and fees, it works out to $120/yr. That's $10 per month for a year of service, which is an acceptable price to me. (In my mind, that's what I'd be willing to pay maximum per month for the service anyway.) I'll have to call again next year and do the whole song and dance over again, otherwise they will auto-renew me at the current 'normal' rate. That's fine with me, as the whole call took less than 10 minutes. Thanks again, everyone!

Just got 6 months for $25 on first try without needing to haggle. This is also what I paid 6 months ago.

Tried chatting to get the rate, told me I had to call. I can get Pandora ad-free for about half the cost of Sirius. Also, 25% tax & fees? come on man.

Same Thing as others are saying. I too was coming up for renewal. Called the 2349 number and the Sirius Rep said no deals were currently available and it would cost approximately $265/ year for All-Access package. After requesting to cancel my subscription, Rep was able to find me a $50 ( taxes) All-Access 6-Month Package. I am happy!

Called in and got the 5/$25 right away. I had a trial from a new vehicle purchase.

They offered The
All Access
12/$120
6/$49.99 But I don't use all that

And then the
Select
12/$99
5/$25

Set the calendar for a week ahead and hopefully keep that going. Thanks for the help

Got my renewal email, called, asked if there was a better rate available, told would have to check with supervisor, came back with $99 for 12 months.

Just called and got my plan for $99/year. Spent an hour on the phone because the guy on the other end couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand him. What you will go through to save $100-$200.

in BC, CANADA: Sirius Select package (130 channels) - got 6 month renewal for $45.71 ($36 taxes) after refusing to renew at $137 per year. Last year got 12 mos for $97.69 ($87 taxes)

Back