How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Called just now, intially they offered me the $99/yr plus taxes and fees when I told them I wanted to cancel. I then mentioned I heard they had a $25/6 month promotion and she switched me to that, stating I wouldn't get an auto-renew notice (which I didn't for the annual anyway). I set a Google Calendar reminder 7 days before my expiration (June 17th) to call again. Total cost $28.9, my current plan expires tomorrow so I got like a $.025 credit or something. AWESOME POSSUM!

Called 866-635-2349 after work. Connected with a CSR right away. Mentioned I was up for an auto-renewal on 1/4 but would like to cancel because of price. She offered renewal at $103 (inc taxes/fees) rate, which reflected any credit I would receive from canceling earlier than auto-renewal date. She also recommended I call back next year before auto-renewal to check for specials/better rates..great service! Helpful site..thank you!

Called this morning (8 am est) for a new subscription-was put through to the new subscription line. Told her I saw this deal online and was given $89/year. Thanks!!

This marketing plan always baffles me.
XM subscriber for 13 years. Five radios, one All Access, four Select $195.34 w/taxes. Last year $163.31. Invoice this year $306.61 saved $111.27 for 35 minute call. Better rates are always requiring a phone call. DO NOT AUTO RENEW. Tag this comment by Jakey.

Called and accepted 6 months at 44. Didn't care to fight too hard, but she did say the system no longer has the 6/$25 deal.

I was charged $109.35, which is too much I think to pay for sirius. I called and I had to put my name in the 47 minute wait queue, but they did call me back within that time. I then had to haggle with the girl for about 15 minutes, but I eventually got the $25 for 6 months ($30.38 with the fees). She said she would take my card off of the account and they would send a bill from now on. She also said to call back when I get this bill so that way I can see what new promotions are happening to get the best rate. I'm getting a refund of $78.97. So I'm very happy about that, but I was confused by one thing:
The girl gave me a refund number and said I could contact my bank and they could use this number to make the refund happen faster than the 3-5 days from Sirius. I contacted PNC and they were very confused and said they don't know what that lady was talking about. Does anybody else know???

called to actually cancel. they said I had a months worth of radio on my account because I did not call in November. $17.40. I said really, what if I dont wanna pay that? she took that off and I was on my way. (selling my car so dont need it) these people are great. God help you if you get routed to the dipshits in Manilla. call back till you get the good ones in Iowa or Nebraska.

Just worked for me.... Called 1-888-601-6302, Told them I needed to cancel service, they asked why, I told them too expensive, they offered deal at $99/yr, I told them friend offered a deal for $25/6 mos recently and if I could get that I would keep the service, otherwise I needed to cancel, she looked into it and said, okay we can provide that to you... $25/ 6 mos...

Called 866-518-3925 to renew and requested 6 mos/$25 my original . Spent 15 minutes on phone, each of us stalling, but best she could offer me was 6 mos @ $10.99 a month for 'mostly music' - fewer channels. I explained that was ~3x as high for fewer channels. I declined. Tried again, called 888-601-6302 Requested 6 mos/$25. was offered $99/yr or 6 mos/$45, then offered 5 mos/$25. I took it. The problem is I have to go thru this again in 5 months. Aargh!

called 1 888 601 6302 no problem renewed my annual radio deal with Nav Traffic at the $99 for the radio svc and 50% off NavTraf for 13.76 a year. Happy with deal saved a few dollars off of this year's cost. Like some others, I don't want to do this twice a year!

Called 888-601-6302 - spent 5 minutes on the phone. 1st offered $99 for year, then $45 for 6 months - said I wanted same offer I had - got 6 months @$25 taxes..

this is my second year renewing from the 89/yr deal I pretty much spoke to the same person as last year they said since the renewal rate went up the xm select deal is now 99/yr but I asked for the 89/yr deal she told me to wait while checking resources then would offer same rate but the billing cycle would start today instead of January and they would credit the remaining days of my billing cycle which was a couple bucks, I still took the deal since its close enough to January

Spent less than 5 minutes on call. Upfront told rep. I wanted 6 months for $25.00. No real attempt by rep. to discuss other offers. Total with tax $34.47. Has to ask if this auto-renewal promotion and it was with price increase of $87.41. Be sure to ask about auto-renewal as this was not very transparent.

I kept getting the $24.99 for 5 month offers and my husband who is a former customer was getting the $24.99 for 6 months offer. Called and spoke with an Indian woman who told me that the 6 months and $99/year offer I can see online is not even available for my vehicle. I told her I wanted to cancel and she just kept telling me the $24.99 for 5 months is a great deal. I guess it depends who you get on the phone!

Yes!!!!
I got the $24.99 for 6 months.
I was offered the $99/yr but when I told her that was too much and I wanted to know if I could have the $24.00 for 6 months she told me yes!
Yay, so happy!!!

but what package did they give you, because for me I dont need the sports and news just music and stand up and they keep dicking me around. so what package are you all getting?

I just called and and said that I couldn't afford the subscription so I was offered the $99 a year. I said that I would pay $89 a year because a friend just paid that a week ago. After she 'checked with a manager' she gave me a $10 credit. I made sure that there would not be an auto pay on my credit card.

Back