How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I spoke with Kevin a few minutes ago, and he offered to renew my all access for 6 months for $49.99 plus fees or 12 months for $120.00 plus fees. I told him to cancel because of the price, and after several back and forth I cancelled effective 01/06/2016.

I called and said I wanted to cancel because I don't drive much and I only listen to a few channels, so the cost (of $204.88/yr) is too much. They immediately offered me $99/yr. I said no thanks and they then offered $49 for 6 months (plus fees and taxes). I said no thanks again and he offered $25 for 5 months. The total price with fees and taxes is $28.46. I asked them to take my card off file so it would not auto-renew and they agreed to do that. He said I will get an email reminding me when it's going to expire. When it's time to renew I'll need to call and re-negotiate the deal. After 15 minutes of phone work the monthly cost is now $5.70 instead of $17 (at the $204.88/year rate)... of course it was paid in one payment (not monthly).

Just called and got 6 months for $25, no problem, very friendly and helpful. Spoke with Precious. Be patient and polite, charm works every time! Took about 5 mins. Happy Holidays!

Told me $89/year promotion no longer avaialble. I didn't dig in as much as the last guy and just took the $99/year promotion. Maybe next year I will dig in and fight for the $5.70 rate.

I had to get back to work.

I just got 19.99 for 5 months too tax. Auto renews so rep told me to call back before the renewal to ask about another special. Great site - thanks!

Just called and told them that I couldn't afford the cost of my 1 year subscription but loved the satellite. They offered me $135.50 for 1 year for the basic and told them that was still to much they offered 6 months at $71.20. I said still to much. She said sorry, and cancelled my subscription.
I've been with them for over 10 years and I get thus!!!
I'm going to call back on Monday and tell them that my friends were getting 6 months for $25 for 6 months and see what happens.
Will let you know what happens.

Took 2 or 3 tries with the rep of 'i will just let my trial expire' but got the 5 months for $24.31 including fees. Plus- told them to remove my card data so no auto-renew

Just got off the phone with the CSR. i got the super delux package with radio/travel/weather/sports/everything for one year. $152 after tax. over half off the regular price of close to $300

I called and got $120 total(fees/taxes included) for all access. Very easy and fast. Now I feel like I should have bargained more...

My subscription auto-renewed 11/1, ending my previous 6mo./$25 promotion and switching to 6mo./$78 taxes/fees. I called and followed the previously posted script, with a slightly different outcome:

1. I called 1-888-601-6302. 4 minute hold time (Weekday AM)
2. I told CSR my subscription auto-renewed from a promotional rate to a new rate that was unaffordable, and I needed to either cancel or make some other arrangement.
3. They offered $99 taxes for 1 year of select xm.
4. I asked if they could continue the 6 months for $25 deal that I had previously.
5. They offered $6 months for $29.95 taxes. (~$35 with taxes)
6. I accepted. I will have to call back in June to make a new arrangement, or it will renew at a higher rate once again.

They wished me a Merry Christmas, which was refreshing to hear and much appreciated.

Just called the number as i do every year and told her i needed to cancel. She said why, i said its to much money. She said well we can do it for 99 12 with taxes = 112.21. Not as good of a deal as last year but still better then the normal cost.

I just called and they gave me the $112 including tax deal for one year. I'd rather pay that than $204.

Called 866-635-2349. Asked for the $89 (Total $102.67) for 1 year (Hate talking to them so was only interested in 1 year). I was told I did not qualify. Politely told them I would have to cancel because it was too costly. I was transferred to an 'account manager' who spoke better English and offered $99 (Total 112.49) for the year which I accepted.

Subscription was up for renewal. Called and told them I wanted to cancel because I couldn't afford the renewal rates. They gave me same offer as last time- $49 for 6 months all access. On phone for 11 minutes. Will call again on 6 months. I'm happy!

Just received the $99 offer on All Access for 12 months after calling about the renewal notice for $273. All in with taxes & fees was $116. I said I wanted to cancel due to the cost. They asked if I liked the service. I said yes. They asked if I would reconsider the cancellation if I had a lower cost. Again I said yes. They offered the $99 taxes & fees. I said yes. Easy.

11 minute call. In full disclosure I immediately declared why I was calling and that full price options were of no interest. Round and round for the first 8 minutes starting at $179 a year. I again mentioned what my price point was and that I'd be re-upping two vehicles. Dropped to $139.... still no bueno on my end. Then offered $30 plus fees & taxes for 5 months which is basically $7 a month/per vehicle. I tried to swing a deal for free month or something better considering it's two renewals and the CSR wouldn't budge. Ultimately, I declined. Turns out after reading the below posts $5 a month was my ceiling for the luxury of sat radio and did not renew either vehicle. All that said......... the offer did exist 'since it's Christmas and I know you love our service' it just wasn't good enough. I was nice but firm. YMMV.

Back