How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I got 6 months for $30.32 including taxes and fees...it's 'select' but I only listen to a few of the stations anyway. I am a happy camper--at least for the next 6 months then I have to put on my armor to do battle again!

I used the info provided in this post, so I'm paying it forward :-)

I got my renewal for Select plan in the mail today (12/8...renewal is 1/24/16). Was $204.88. Called the 888-601-6302 (not the number on the card). Said I don't like the rate and will cancel. Rep immediately came back with Select special discount for existing customers of 45% discount off list ($99 taxes/fees) = $112 LESS pro-rated for remaining amount of my current contract. I was stupid last year and ignored the renewal, so got hit at full list. Select was $86 all in with new renewal date of 12/8/2016.

Of course she had an offer for All Access: $119 tax/fee, less prorate. So $110 - took it.

The rest of the time....about 15 minutes total...was just getting my account registered.

No pain whatsoever.

Got a deal last week for $18.96 for 6 months. I was very happy considering they wanted me to renew my 6 months for $89. I told them I had no intentions on paying that amount, especially since I saw the promotion online for the 6 months for $24.99. The representative I got went over and beyond!

Great thread here! I've gone a couple years without Sirius XM. Connected with a customer service rep. on their online chat to reactivate my radio ID. I asked about the 6 months of select plan for $25 deal and he gave me the deal without any trouble. Less than $32 otd. Just have to rememember to call and cancel/get another promo before it renews at the obscene $90 rate.

Just got 5 months for $25. He kept offering and I kept nicely saying 'No' until I got the 'special' deal.

Got the $204.88 charge in mail and must have been snoozing about the due date 11/20/2015. they so kindly took it out of my account. My last billing was for Decem16. I called to complain about the quick withdrawl from my account. Rep said it was a pro-rated amount. Baloney. that amount is not prorated to me. I am no longer letting them in my account to do auto-payments. Invoice only and if price continues to increase I will cancel .Yes I have done the negotiations in the past, just slipped my mind this time due to the early date of the bill. I think it was done on purpose to eliminate that negotiation phone calls. NOT PLEASED!!!
No effort to please me when I called today. Any other options out there for satellite?

Woohoo. I called Sirius at 888-601-6302 and asked for cancellation dept. earlier this morning,
I have been doing the 6 mo. dance for a couple of years. Since I again, forgot to call them before the renewal, I got charged the $90 amount. When I told them I could not pay that and would have to cancel, she told me there were no options.
I called back a few minutes ago, talked with another lady who very simply and quickly renewel my subscription for the 6 months for $25 fees.
Thanks to your comments here, this worked for me again.

missed the expiration by a few days and already charged my credit card so took the $99 for 1 year deal. sure i'm losing $70 for the year but i don't have to talk to these folks for a year which may be worth it!

I received a three year SiriusXM &Traffic/Weather renewal notice for $791.64 fees & taxes. I almost had a heart attack! I found this website and called the 1-888-601-6302 number. I told the lady that answered that I could not afford that renewal price. Without hesitation she said she'd look for a lower alternative. She offered the one year $99 deal without my saying I wanted to cancel, saying they had no 'deals' for three years. She then lowered Traffic/Weather for one year by 50%: $42 . The total was $175.27 for the next year. Since my 3yr contract was paid thru some time in January, 2016, she prorated my total one year bill down to $137.94, from the $175.27.
I was awestruck! The lady was so sweet and helpful that I was in disbelief. I have to deal with Comcast, too, so I expected the worse. Not so with this lady (who shall remain un-named for her protection).
I'm a happy camper, and I wish the same to those of you who have not called yet.

Called yesterday before my automatic renewal kicked in. Told them I wanted same promo pricing as last year 136 total for All Access. They said no, I said cancel. They transferred me twice, each time I told them nicely I would just cancel unless they could do the same pricing. Cancellation dept easily offered me same promo pricing as last year. I set my calendar alarm to 12/9/2016 and I call again for the same price.

I have 3 radios (2 car and 1 home) and it was time to renew my All Access Plans. I called 1-888-601-6302 and they said it would be $712.99 for the year. I asked what their best deal was and they said that was it. I said transfer me to cancelation department and he said he was the cancelation department. I said go ahead and cancel and he said ok and then 3 seconds later said I have a special deal for you $120/yr plus taxes and fees so $146.10/yr/radio. I canceled my home radio because I can stream SiriusXM to my stereo so for 2 radios with All Access Plan I paid $292.20.

This works! Stick with it, be persistent...we received a bill for $198.38/ per car for 6 months. We have a 'multi-radio' discount, because of two automobiles.
We were paying $24.99/ car per six months. This new bill is 8 times!!! The price! No way! I called 1-888-601-6302, spoke with Ms. Shen overseas, and she was happy to re-new at our original price of $24.99/ 6 months!
Do not allow them to take your Credit Card and auto renew...she saved me $346.77!!!!
Be polite, kind and patient, you will get the deal! Good Luck!

This works! Stick with it, be persistent...we received a bill for $198.38/ per car for 6 months. We have a 'multi-radio' discount, because of two automobiles.
We were paying $24.99/ car per six months. This new bill is 8 times!!! The price! No way! I called 1-888-601-6302, spoke with Ms. Shen overseas, and she was happy to re-new at our original price of $24.99/ 6 months!
Do not allow them to take your Credit Card and auto renew...she saved me $346.77!!!!
Be polite, kind and patient, you will get the deal! Good Luck!

In 2000, Sirius offered a lifetime membership for approx. $500. I wish I took that deal back then.

I wish XM would just charge fair rates and avoid these games. My bill for $204.88 is a joke. I called, was offered the $99/yr then said I want 6 months for $25. Was then offered $44/6 months. I persisted, asked again for $25 and then after being put on hold...she came back and agreed to it.
Pisses me off that I have to deal with this.

Just remember, the incremental cost to Sirius XM to give you the service is NOTHING. So it makes business sense to get to you stay at any cost.

Back