How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just did the same song&dance I do every year at this time... called and got my $89/year (for Select XM) renewed. I was all geared-up for a fight, a fresh drink in hand, but no arguments, no threatening to cancel... it was easy this time. I was done in less than 10 minutes.
See y'all next year :-)

Received my renewal notice for 3 years all access for $614. Called customer service and told that the cost was way too expensive. She was unable to assist and I asked her to send me to the cancellation department. They immediately offered me $126 for one year all access. Good price but unfortunately I will have to play these games every year now to get a decent price.

Read all your comments and went off to do battle with them. They 'wanted' $150 for a year of the most basic package (80 channels) as of my recent bill. Got off the phone with Premium package including internet radio for $134 including all taxes and fees, which is well less than half of what the 'regular price' for that package is. Thank you all for inspiring me to call and push a bit.

On and off the phone in 13 minutes including 7 minutes of wait time. This is totally scripted and easy to navigate with the magic words. Thanks previous posters for the magic efficiency words!

1. Call 1-888-601-6302.
2. Request cancellation department
3. Tell csr you are cancelling because you don't use the service enough for the price. They may ask if you have a favorite channel. Be friendly and polite. Why yes I do!
4. They will offer $99 for 1 year of select xm.
5. Tell them you'd like to see if they could do the 6 months for $25 deal.
6. They will offer $6 months for $45.
7. Politely ask if they could check their resources to see if they can do the 6 month for $25 deal. Wait on hold a minute while they 'check'.
8. Bingo! They come back on and say they checked and they can.

My subscription ends tomorrow - I have 2 radios and internet for about $10 month for 5 months. The rep in July did some magic to get me here (credits, special rates, etc.). The first rep today did the expected citing of the standard rates. I told him the price was too high and I wanted to be where I am now. He transferred me to cancels and she said the same and processed the cancellation.

I'll try again when the service is actually canceled.

I would paid these folks for 5 years right now if they'd just give me the rate. I have been with them for 5 years and this song and dance is old. I'm sure they'll eventually get me my desired rate, as they always do.

15 minutes.
1) No promos, sorry. - Cancel, can't afford it.
2) 12 Mo. for $99 tax & fees. - Cancel, can't afford it.
3) 6 Mo. for $49.99 tax & fees. - Same as #2, cancel can't afford it.

PROMO SCREEN REFRESHES BY MAGIC ELVES!

4) 6 Mo. for $25 tax & fees. Yep, I'll take it. (Select Package, No Internet Radio).

Called cancellation department. Currently have all access plan. My renewal on 12/15 is at $240 taxes ( $275). Got an offer of $120 plus tax. With my credits paid $133 for a year. woohoo!

Finally gave up on this song and dance afters years of doing it. Tried to cancel one month ago and was told I cant cancel for another month or I would pay an extra cancellation fee. Called today to find out it was automatically renewed the day after I tried to cancel the service one month ago. Customer service would not refund me despite the fact I was lied to. Had to call back and spend nearly an hour on the phone to get the entire amount refunded. Absolutely criminal organization. I have never had such a terrible experience dealing with any other company ever. Considering this is an era of free file sharing you think they would try a lot harder to keep their current customers satisfied. Wow, what a joke they are. PEOPLE BEWARE!!!

$25 for 5-months
$2 for invoicing fee (so my Credit Card doesn't get automatically renewed).

Talked with a nice fellow in the Philippines.

Stick to your guns and eventually you'll get the price, but it did take 17-minutes.....

Just got 6 months for $25.00 plus taxes and a $2.00 invoice fee. Out the door: 6 months for $34.62. I had to really fight with the guy (with a very thick accent) to remove me from automatic billing. I told him if he didn't invoice me and remove me from automatic billing, I was just going to cancel and not renew.

I just renewed my Sirius Select which was about to renew at $205. I got a really nice guy, acted a little 'dumb' said 'thank you' a lot & got the annual pkg down to $94 incl taxes. I tried for other promos as per this site but instead was given ' credits' whatever those are!
Also, renewed my second car where I would have had to make a second call in Feb for $84. The CSR credited me back for the difference. I never had to say I was going to cancel. I think the key is calling 1-888-601-6302 & not the # on your renewal. My husband tried that yesterday & was told there was nothing they could do to reduce the orig $205!!
Good luck!!

Thank you - talked to a very nice lady - and was able to renew at a cost of 41.98 for six months - a 50% discount.

Called today. Have been doing this game every 6 months for 3 years to get some version of the $25 for 6 month Select deal. Wanted to try All Access this time and so asked for the $49.99 for 6 mo. deal. Had to threaten to cancel and just use my boyfriend's All Access account. Rep offered me the 1 year for $120 deal - I said no only wanted to try it for 6 mo. After being on hold for 2 min. I got what I wanted :) Also - don't ever let them talk you into auto-renewal at their ridiculous rates. Pay the $2 for a paper bill. It's cheaper than forgetting to call by one day and being charged prorated rates.

Just did 6 months for $30 and change, total with fees and taxes Be persistent.

My free 4 months of All access was expiring on my new Subaru so I called and pressed the cancel option on the greeting options. Told the rep I wasn't sure I wanted to continue or cancel. He said wait a minute we might have a special price. He came back with All access for 6 months at $49.99 plus $6.95 royalty fee for a total of $56.94, so I took it.

Back